Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun

texifornia

The 8pm part is pretty annoying. If things go according to plan, I’ll be borderline incoherent at the country club by well earlier than 8pm today, wandering about and expressing disdain for the tardiness of the fireworks, the lack of quality milfs to ogle, accusing chestnuts of being lazy, etc. Who the hell is going to have time to figure out this guy’s decision during all of that?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Thiefery said:

this thread is starting to look like the Moore thread on the OTF scoop section..

time for some..

cat facts:

According to a Hebrew legend, God created cats after Noah prayed for help in protecting the food stores on the Ark from being eaten by rats. In return, God made a lion sneeze and out came a pair of cats. 

cat dragging GIF

Here's a cat fact, I hate fucking cats.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The 8pm part is pretty annoying. If things go according to plan, I’ll be borderline incoherent at the country club by well earlier than 8pm today, wandering about and expressing disdain for the tardiness of the fireworks, the lack of quality milfs to ogle, accusing chestnuts of being lazy, etc. Who the hell is going to have time to figure out this guy’s decision during all of that?

Link (pun intended)

But Chestnut says he's not going to sit home and do nothing. And he's hopeful the soldiers will push him to perform. Fearful of being “lazy” in competition with amateurs, the perennial world champion will try to out-eat four soldiers, pitting his frank-swallowing total against theirs combined. If they work together, they might even beat him

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I was told they aren’t going overboard to match offers by most on this board.  I doubt they match if Oregon throws out crazy numbers.  

Sounds like Sark really wants him and is taking this one personal. If I’m him I’m locking up the other two 5 star WR and putting that money to DT though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ha ha ha … this guy.  Seriously.

Hank South (Horns 247)

“With that, I'm changing my Crystal Ball prediction to from confidence level 6 to confidence level 1, keeping it on Texas. I've debated switching it to Oregon all together, but I'm giving Texas some benefit of the doubt to try change the momentum ahead of 8 p.m. CT. 

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but want to prepare you for this, and I'm getting very little optimism on the Texas side when speaking with sources, which is a major sea change. Oregon meanwhile feels confident, per sources.”

17 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Moore calling it this soon means it's Texas. His moms told GH she put a mid August deadline for him to decide and announce so he isn't distracted while in school. If he was conflicted and thinking to change off of Texas he would have taken more time. 

Also, based on limited tape, I'm saying Faraimo is better for the SEC than Pettijohn. Not surprised Nansen went off Pettijohn and all in on Faraimo. 

The good news here is that you don’t have a lengthy history of shitty, wrong, terrible and completely deluded takes. Fuck. 

15 hours ago, Bamboozled73 said:

We need Elon and Dell to counter this Oregon madness. 

Dell doesnt care about Texas football. 

no one knows what the fuck is going to happen tonight, but no one should feel good.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I also assume Texas will match any NIL offer. It feels like if he chooses Oregon he simply wanted to go somewhere different.

We've learned that is not the case at all on matching NIL.  This one would particularly smart considering half his lineage appears to be from Austin and are big Horn fans.

20 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I was told they aren’t going overboard to match offers by most on this board.  I doubt they match if Oregon throws out crazy numbers.  

I wonder how many important guys we will lose to teams "paying above market" before we are at least open to the idea that we might be below market.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

We've learned that is not the case at all on matching NIL.  This one would particularly smart considering half his lineage appears to be from Austin and are big Horn fans.

I think the sentiment is that this is a sark special recruitment that he isn’t willing to lose over money, and so would match a ridiculous offer if need be. But I think that’s just a guess on peoples’ part, and there’s still the question of how healthy it would be if he did so, both in terms of spending elsewhere and locker room dynamics. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think the sentiment is that this is a sark special recruitment that he isn’t willing to lose over money, and so would match a ridiculous offer if need be. But I think that’s just a guess on peoples’ part, and there’s still the question of how healthy it would be if he did so, both in terms of spending elsewhere and locker room dynamics. 

Texas has met the ask. That’s not an issue here barring absolute insanity. 

• Hook 'Em 9

Lulz …

Tom Loy (247), Oregon 247, few minutes ago 

“Just talked to someone that expressed that Texas is CHARGING right now. They are making this really difficult on Moore. He’s got a lot of love for the Longhorns and Ducks, so this has been a battle.

Oregon felt great last night. They are more nervous than excited right now.

This one is getting very interesting.”

SHORTLY AFTER THAT

“All I’m going to say, if it’s not Oregon, something changed drastically since last night.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Lulz …

Tom Loy (247), Oregon 247, few minutes ago 

“Just talked to someone that expressed that Texas is CHARGING right now. They are making this really difficult on Moore. He’s got a lot of love for the Longhorns and Ducks, so this has been a battle.

Oregon felt great last night. They are more nervous than excited right now.

This one is getting very interesting.”

SHORTLY AFTER THAT

“All I’m going to say, if it’s not Oregon, something changed drastically since last night.”

Who's his source, Scooby Doo?   No one in the know talks like that.

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun