Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun

texifornia

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The 8pm part is pretty annoying. If things go according to plan, I’ll be borderline incoherent at the country club by well earlier than 8pm today, wandering about and expressing disdain for the tardiness of the fireworks, the lack of quality milfs to ogle, accusing chestnuts of being lazy, etc. Who the hell is going to have time to figure out this guy’s decision during all of that?

I'm sure with your 40 time you can run home and make it by your bedtime 

His family wants to see him play, and who doesn't want their biggest fans in family to see them so close? 

Bobby and Gerry make great points about Dan Lanning being a defensive coach, and his OC will probably not be there at the end of the season, and who does he want him to throw the ball? Arch or Dante Moore/Novostad? Arch is the biggest draw for him. 

Not to mention he specifically asked for Ryan Wingo and Collin Simmons to host him. That's huge. These dorks who are saying Oregon is nervous is because they're trying to let those fans down easily (imo). This back and birth shit is just that...shit. Moore is UT bound. Gerry said he was told. July decision would be the thing by a family member. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We’ve met the ask. We are obviously the family choice. We have an offense that will feature him and give him every opportunity to get drafted. We have a coaching staff with skins on the wall for his position and a depth chart that looks to open up after this year.

If he goes to Oregon, this is the kind of recruitment that makes a man want to stop following this shit.

Ask is a verb, not a noun.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Jfc if you’re torn between Texas and some dog shit school in the pacfid northwest that’s literally never won a fucking thing anywhere I question your thought process. 

It’s nice up there. However playing at Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio State… the Big 10 in November is gonna suck massive donkey balls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Sounds like aggy talking about Austin. Eugene isn’t Portland. 

There are enough cases of cellulitis secondary to skin popping in Oregon to employ an entire armada of ID physicians. There is a reason Oregon partially backtracked after widespread legalization. 

aggy will talk shit and yet all their "grads" flock to Austin. Not at all the same thing, my friend.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Texas has met the ask. That’s not an issue here barring absolute insanity. 

What % change takes an ask from reasonable to absolute insanity? Is there a conversion chart?

If we lose this player, with this background in our state, at this talent level, at this position, with the QB room we have......something is officially wrong with the people in charge of our NIL apparatus.

I know this is upsetting to you, but it is the truth. Fire off some ad hominem attacks. I know it will make you feel better. However, we aren't aggies. We can objectively analyze all aspect of our program. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Josef Pwag said:

What % change takes an ask from reasonable to absolute insanity? Is there a conversion chart?

If we lose this player, with this background in our state, at this talent level, at this position, with the QB room we have......something is officially wrong with the people in charge of our NIL apparatus.

I know this is upsetting to you, but it is the truth. Fire off some ad hominem attacks. I know it will make you feel better. However, we aren't aggies. We can objectively analyze all aspect of our program. 

How do you correct NIL to account for billionaires swooping in and dropping ludicrous amounts? What about that makes you think there is something wrong with our NIL apparatus when it compares to literally every other school not named Oregon?

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

How do you correct NIL to account for billionaires swooping in and dropping ludicrous amounts? What about that makes you think there is something wrong with our NIL apparatus when it compares to literally every other school not named Oregon?

You see we just need more billionaires. Get to work surly assholes.

Also, on topic, I'm not really worried about this. If sark has lazered in on moore as his can't miss recruit, I feel like he will eventually end up in the class. Sure Oregon could have thrown a significant number but in the end I feel like sark will ultimately match whatever number is needed for moore. That being said, as someone who is deeply close to their grandma. I don't take moore thanking sark for his hospitality and greeting/spending time with his grandma lightly. I'm not worried even if it's Oregon tonight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, Portland is a pretty nice place. So is Eugene. That's not what makes it hard to recruit there.

Some real aggy nonsense happening in here.

Recruit didn't pick my school, I'm going to make fun of the city that school is in is loser behavior (this does not apply to College Station). I know a number of people who went to Oregon and it seemed great. Good football and college town, great hiking and winter sports. There are a lot of worse places to spend three years making millions of dollars. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah, Portland is a pretty nice place. So is Eugene. That's not what makes it hard to recruit there.

Some real aggy nonsense happening in here.

Yep. People write as though a top recruit is going to a place to raise a family in the suburbs. They live in a fabulous bubble no matter where they go.

Has any significant number of recruits ever said or intimated that they didn't go to Eugene or Michigan because of the weather? A lot of southern players make the trip.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Jfc if you’re torn between Texas and some dog shit school in the pacfid northwest that’s literally never won a fucking thing anywhere I question your thought process. 

That's another thing Bobby and Gerry brought up. They said the travel for family would be grueling, and it already was when he was doing his OV's. Imagine traveling to Oregon, Michigan, Columbus, NJ, Illinois, etc. Got damn that would suck. They specifically mentioned that the travel in the SEC is easier, and all of his friends are SEC-bound. If he didn't choose UT, he would be blazing his own trail to his own peril. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

You are an idiot. And as such I’m confident you haven’t contributed a penny to Texas’ NIL, but like to criticize it. 

Everyone needs to just roll with whatever happens on NIL. People have put a solid program in place, but the bottom line is that any given program could end up having much more money. One or a few really rich people connected to a school could decide they want to contribute a lot of money. Until or unless a lot more people connected to Texas put up a lot more money, they have to deal with the arms race as best they can. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah if you like overcast weather and junkies in the streets for miles on end.

I was just in San Fran and surrounding areas for 5 days visiting family with my wife and younger kids. We hang out near the wharf area and venture out from there. Because my oldest daughter lives near there, the little ones have all been to the area many times. 

On Tuesday, one of them says “Daddy, people always say mean things about San Francisco but it is a wonderful, beautiful place. “ I then drove them through the Tenderloin area and got stuck at numerous lights. I looked in the rear view and saw four whitefaced little kids.  

Like most places, whether Eugene or Austin or San Fran, perspective matters more than anything. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

*aggys

1 hour ago, Josef Pwag said:

This is a lot of know-nothing bullshit. You’ve got tunnel vision. Pull your head out of wherever it is and look at the big picture not just one recruitment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was just in San Fran and surrounding areas for 5 days visiting family with my wife and younger kids. We hang out near the wharf area and venture out from there. Because my oldest daughter lives near there, the little ones have all been to the area many times. 

On Tuesday, one of them says “Daddy, people always say mean things about San Francisco but it is a wonderful, beautiful place. “ I then drove them through the Tenderloin area and got stuck at numerous lights. I looked in the rear view and saw four whitefaced little kids.  

Like most places, whether Eugene or Austin or San Fran, perspective matters more than anything. 

God bless you. San Fran has literally become the walking dead 

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Nerf Gun