Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

Well hello... (via IT)

Aidan Anding‘s recruitment took a turn recently when the in-state LSU Tigers offered… or did it?

A source close to the recruitment tells Inside Texas that even though LSU offered and Anding is reportedly heading to Baton Rouge for the Tigers’ end-of-July recruiting event, the two main contenders for the On3 Industry Ranking three-star defender are Texas and Arkansas.

LSU may have thrown its hat into the ring too late after missing other top targets on the trail. Per that same source, Anding understands who has been in real pursuit the longest and prefers a program that actually covets him rather than one that threw an offer at the last minute.

There’s no new timeline for Anding’s announcement after he was supposed to decide following June official visits.

Anding is ranked as the No. 524 overall prospect, the No. 47 cornerback, and the No. 16 player in Louisiana in the On3 Industry Ranking.

On3 ranks Anding as the No. 31 overall prospect and the No. 12 player in Louisiana.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, texifornia said:

To be fair, he seems legitimately underranked compared to a JAGgier guy like Chester.

Yeah, we have wanted Anding from the start. He has always been very high on our board.

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Aidan Anding‘s recruitment took a turn recently when the in-state LSU Tigers offered… or did it?

When I saw the  " ... or did it?", it reminded me of 

Sarcastic Saturday Night Live GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

They’ve pretty much been on Chester from the start as well. 

Yeah, but Anding is a corner. Watching Chester's film, he doesn't seem real quick so I would not be surprised if they view him as a safety. We have had a problem getting guys like BJ Foster and finding out that they are too slow for safety.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

To be fair, he seems legitimately underranked compared to a JAGgier guy like Chester.

50 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I believe Anding was ranked in the 900's before On3 did their last update. They gave him a significant bump.

Before LSU offered, all of the LSU posters on Tigerdroppings were begging for them to offer.  Everyone on that board says he's a stud that has seen him live.  Said last season he shut down the big 6'6 high 4* that signed with them last class.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Texas is even still falling behind in the football facility wars. High School weight rooms are better than ours. How does Texas fuck up the ability to build a better weight room than other SEC programs? If Texas cannot even have a better weight room than some high schools, we will always be 2nd tier in Football. Dam, these people need to step up and get their heads out of their ass. Look where top recruits wants to play.

Damn that's rough. Thanks for opening our eyes. 

Hopefully we can rectify this and put ourselves in a position to fool elite, established receivers and tight ends from places like Alabama and Georgia to our meager training facilities.

And don't get me started on those two pussies on our DL that got drafted this year. If only they had a better weight room!

And Kelvin Banks definitely would have better better off at Oregon.

*edit*  Forgot about Christian Jones. Same weight room for several years but seemed to overcome that last year.

Edited by horngrad03
Christian Jones
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Texas is even still falling behind in the football facility wars. High School weight rooms are better than ours. How does Texas fuck up the ability to build a better weight room than other SEC programs? If Texas cannot even have a better weight room than some high schools, we will always be 2nd tier in Football. Dam, these people need to step up and get their heads out of their ass. Look where top recruits wants to play.

Out of morbid curiosity I skimmed through your video.

It contained footage from weight rooms at Northern Arizona University, Texas Tech, South Carolina, University of Kentucky, and Texas Agricultural.

This is your bar?

Explain and show your work please for why the locations at these facilities are more plalatable than THE University of Texas.

21 minutes ago, horngrad03 said:

Out of morbid curiosity I skimmed through your video.

It contained footage from weight rooms at Northern Arizona University, Texas Tech, South Carolina, University of Kentucky, and Texas Agricultural.

This is your bar?

Explain and show your work please for why the locations at these facilities are more plalatable than THE University of Texas.

The smoothie and acai bar and hydration injection machine while you lift and heated ice baths and women romancing. Clearly behind the bar. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, Enemy07 said:

Our weight rooms were designed and outfitted by the same group that did the facilities for Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Missouri, FSU, Penn State, USC, and Tennessee, among other places: https://www.sorinex.com/pages/college-weight-room-facilities

• Hook 'Em 5

37 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

The smoothie and acai bar and hydration injection machine while you lift and heated ice baths and women romancing. Clearly behind the bar. 

Add in an acarajé bar that has samba music playing around it so you can dance and romance your honey while waiting for your food just like the locals of the Bahia state do in true Brazilian tradition.  Lulz.

19 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Gainz are life. So I can see the gym being shallow and pedantic pushing away elite level prospects if they cannot hit the necessary hypertrophy  because swole is the goal. Size is the prize. Curls for the girls.  

on Mondays we do chest. Because if you wanna slam your pork pumper in the shit dumper you gotta hit that chest 

Thanks Coach!

20 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Well hello... (via IT)

A source close to the recruitment tells Inside Texas that even though LSU offered and Anding is reportedly heading to Baton Rouge for the Tigers’ end-of-July recruiting event, the two main contenders for the On3 Industry Ranking three-star defender are Texas and Arkansas.

LSU may have thrown its hat into the ring too late after missing other top targets on the trail. Per that same source, Anding understands who has been in real pursuit the longest and prefers a program that actually covets him rather than one that threw an offer at the last minute.

There’s no new timeline for Anding’s announcement after he was supposed to decide following June official visits.

Anding is ranked as the No. 524 overall prospect, the No. 47 cornerback, and the No. 16 player in Louisiana in the On3 Industry Ranking.

On3 ranks Anding as the No. 31 overall prospect and the No. 12 player in Louisiana.

It's IT.  Horseshit ploy to get more NIL out of cheap ass LSU.

• Hook 'Em 2

Anding has run a 10.98 100m, a 21.73 200m, and long jumped 23'9".

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

Serious question: Is Oregon directly targeting us? Or is it just "The Samples Effect" that brings them into Texas? I know they've done ok here before with bagmen but... Random conclusion: This again points to how overrated our recruiting efforts are since we cannot consistently lock down Texas. I understand losing some traditionally to OU (success on the field) and Aggy occasionally ($$ and proximity) but between Alabama during the Saban years, Bucky Buckeye since Urban, LSU and the waves of Katrina kids, and now Oregon it just feels like something is missing from our program. My stupid guess is that the ATX has gotten too big and annoying to deal with for some. The fact that Aggy is even recruiting at a decent tick right now (better than us? Maybe) might point to that. Elko has no skins on the wall as a HC (mediocre at Duke only) and they're constantly a laughing stock culturally.

I hate the "late flip" mentality of our last three coaches. Mack's "commit early" approach also sucked at the end, but part of that was laziness in evaluations.

Edited by cb866

23 minutes ago, cb866 said:

Serious question: Is Oregon directly targeting us? Or is it just "The Samples Effect" that brings them into Texas? I know they've done ok here before with bagmen but... Random conclusion: This again points to how overrated our recruiting efforts are since we cannot consistently lock down Texas. I understand losing some traditionally to OU (success on the field) and Aggy occasionally ($$ and proximity) but between Alabama during the Saban years, Bucky Buckeye since Urban, LSU and the waves of Katrina kids, and now Oregon it just feels like something is missing from our program. My stupid guess is that the ATX has gotten too big and annoying to deal with for some. The fact that Aggy is even recruiting at a decent tick right now (better than us? Maybe) might point to that. Elko has no skins on the wall as a HC (mediocre at Duke only) and they're constantly a laughing stock culturally.

I hate the "late flip" mentality of our last three coaches. Mack's "commit early" approach also sucked at the end, but part of that was laziness in evaluations.

Our last three classes had composite rankings of 6th, 3rd, and 5th, with multiple bluechip transfers on top.

Outside of the UGA, Ohio State, Bama triumvirate, who would you trade places with?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, cb866 said:

No idea of the exact strategy, but it is obvious they have their 'Here's why you should come here instead of Texas' pitch, down to a tee.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, cb866 said:

Oregon is being very mean to us and I'm very upset! Stop picking on us Oregon!