Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Duck Around and Find Out

texifornia

48 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Small by current DB standards, so he must have everything else it takes. 

He’s young for his grade, but plays with confidence and great instincts. Has plus length to offset some of his size deficit.  Probably a nickel once he bulks up a bit. 
Reminds me of Jahdae Barron

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

👀  👀  👀 

Bama247 (Brett Greenberg) today, on Kaliq Lockett

image.thumb.png.5a7f6e2b33164c8535adb7f0128b0b12.png

“Perfectly!!”

The descriptor calls for an adverb there, you illiterate Bama247 piece of fuck. Previous generations of Greenbergs would be ashamed of you, Brett.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)

I hope we land both Ffrench and Lockett and call it a day. Unless Hines or Johnson want to flip I don't really care about another WR. We have a stocked cupboard. 

Lemme edit this: I also hope we could land Dallas Wilson in some off the wall bizarre way

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I hope we land both Ffrench and Lockett and call it a day. Unless Hines or Johnson want to flip I don't really care about another WR. We have a stocked cupboard

I like that the spelling of “cupboard” gives you a window to its origins. 

I also like having a Ffrenchie on the roster. It give me a chance to use some of the vocabulary I picked up from multiple attempts at French 1 in high school and college. 

Fantastique!

(Who would have guessed that Napoleon would be so bad at French?)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I like that the spelling of “cupboard” gives you a window to its origins. 

I also like having a Ffrenchie on the roster. It give me a chance to use some of the vocabulary I picked up from multiple attempts at French 1 in high school and college. 

Fantastique!

(Who would have guessed that Napoleon would be so bad at French?)

You moonlighting as a Bama recruiting writer? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bevo said:

LSU sure isn't acting poor. Their lowest ranked recruits are Zion Williams and Brandon Brown. Very skill position heavy, though.

image.thumb.png.54a2b7a0d1f993508db36c09215bf935.png

LSU's On3 site posted a sunshine-pumping article about their NIL a few days ago.

Spoiler

Entering SEC Media Days, LSU held commitments from the No. 1 overall 2025 prospect Bryce Underwood, No. 1 running back Harlem Berry and other top talent.

Head coach Brian Kelly and his staff have the No. 3 class in America. Those level of prospects don’t commit to a program that doesn’t have a strong NIL offering.

In today’s day and age of NIL and college football, money is just about everything. Kelly’s staff can pitch a vision while NIL can bridge the gap to landing elite talent.

The Tigers just beat out Miami and Oregon (two of the top NIL spenders) for Five Star Plus+ cornerback DJ Pickett, yet another No. 1 prospect at his position. That was another sign that LSU’s NIL program was a bit more aligned than it had been in years past.

During the summer official visits, prospects told The Bengal Tiger one of the strongest parts of LSU’s visits was its NIL pitch. It’s taken time to massage that pitch, but it’s now in good shape.

This offseason, LSU athletic director Scott Woodward brought back Austin Thomas to Baton Rouge. Ole Miss’ chief of staff for Lane Kiffin, Thomas is now the Senior Associate AD of Football Administration.

He’s had a heavy hand in transforming the NIL pitch for LSU.

“Past experience combined with current NIL parameters and the anticipation of the upcoming revenue share have provided the opportunity to create a unique, competitive and sustainable model for the future,” Thomas told On3 in a text message on Wednesday. “I believe it’s been important from a strategic standpoint to understand that this is a continuum and that the landscape will undoubtedly continue to shift and change moving forward, which has been helpful in providing mindful approach to an adaptable model.”

Kelly, taking a closer look at LSU’s pitch, shared that with revenue sharing on the horizon for college football, prospects needed to understand what they could receive as players when that’s pushed through.

“I think we felt like it was important that at the end of the day, they left with a clarity on what 2025 is going to be like,” Kelly told On3 exclusively on Monday. “2025 is going to be different. I think what we’ve done is we’ve taken a lot of time to make sure they understand what that looks like in terms of revenue sharing, in terms of what that looks like with the ability to do other things other than just throw money at kids. I think that’s where I think we’ve made some progress.”

The progress is certainly there for the Tigers. Another piece to building a war chest came as a monumental partnership was announced earlier this summer.

The Tiger Athletic Foundation created a new subsidiary, TAF Services Corporation (TAFSC), which entered a paid services agreement with the LSU-driven NIL collective Bayou Traditions. Through the agreement, TAFSC provides fundraising services for the official LSU athletes collective.

According to a release from Tiger Athletic Foundation, the partnership between TAFSC and Bayou Traditions comes after consultation from LSU compliance, donors and key stakeholders. Notably, donors will now be able to receive priority points through the Tiger Athletic Foundation. LSU boosters can now log in to their Tiger Athletic Foundation/LSU ticket account and contribute directly to Bayou Traditions.

“It’s something that you look toward in the future, right? Revenue sharing is on the forefront of what’s going to happen here, right?,” Kelly told a group of reporters earlier Monday. “This is the next step towards how the university will be able to handle NIL and reward those that want to support NIL. As we get closer to a decision by the courts, which as you know we haven’t got there yet, but once a decision is made, I think this step towards the corporation will give us a fast track towards NIL fundraising.”

Thomas echoed Kelly’s sentiment that LSU’s move was important and they’ll keep looking at the evolving landscape of NIL.

“This has been an exciting time as we have been able to work in collaboration with leadership NILSU and Bayou Traditions to take a comprehensive and objective look at the ever-changing NIL landscape in order to maximize the efficiency of our process,” Thomas said. “We have sought wisdom and guidance from respected and successful individuals from all spectrums to create a vision for the future: sport executives, CEO’s, prominent business owners, entrepreneurs, and will continue to do so.

“As new legislation and guidance continues to come available surrounding NIL, we are constantly evaluating best practices and seeking new information and techniques with an open mind and willingness to adapt, the objective being to become the most creative, forward thinking, competitive organization as possible from the second half of 2024 into 2025 and the foreseeable future of college athletics.”

The revamped approach to NIL is certainly paying off on the recruiting trail.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bevo said:

LSU sure isn't acting poor. Their lowest ranked recruits are Zion Williams and Brandon Brown. Very skill position heavy, though.

well, not quite…we have the no 1, 2, 5 and 9 rated OL in the country committed.  overall, 7 of 18 are interior linemen, either DL or OL. 

like every year, skill positions have the most of the big star ratings.  and yes, we do have 4 of skill position players rated 5 stars. 

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

For Burnt Ends my card expired and everytime I try to resubscribe my card that I use for everything else gets rejected by the site?  Maybe @immamac can guide me thru it, why no Venmo options too, I didn’t know people still used PayPal?

Using the stripe option? What's the error? I don't see any rejected payments from you today in stripe. Use stripe as the first option. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Using the stripe option? What's the error? I don't see any rejected payments from you today in stripe. Use stripe as the first option. 

Ok that worked I was using Paypal-Credit Direct option thinking that meant credit card and it let me put the number in but didn’t go thru.. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

There are direct flights to Austin from John Wayne Airport which is roughly 20-30 minutes from Rancho Santa Margarita (his hometown). 

My pops lives 2 minutes away from his high school and swears this guy is the truth. He also guaranteed me that JT Daniels would win at least one Super Bowl, so I rank his player eval credibility one notch above Ketch. 

Edited by Jimmy Two Times
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Instagram?  Nothing on Twitter.

I think he’s implying that in light of the new DL visit. It does now sound like that though. Seems to be in addition to Sanders rather than alternative to me.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I think he’s implying that in light of the new DL visit. It does now sound like that though. Seems to be in addition to Sanders rather than alternative to me.

Thanks.  My reading comprehension takes a step back at the end of the day.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Bevo said:

They’ve got a great children’s hospital they can siphon money from for a long time

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, cafe society said:

Thanks.  My reading comprehension takes a step back at the end of the day.

It’s not your reading comprehension.  (something something something about BOW being a shitty poster.)

10 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I certainly didn’t expect LSU to have a better class than us this year. They didn’t have a better season and allegedly are limited in NIL funds. The ball is being dropped somewhere regarding our recruiting efforts.

There has got to be more to it than just Brandon Harris 

• Hook 'Em 2