The Gun Owner’s thread

BigDHornfan

2 minutes ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

I think I got most of that through teh aids.  I was planning on buying the vanguard-specific rings from Talley.  Are you saying don't do that?  

Those rings are probably fine.  If you’re going to pre-buy then buy low and medium.  I am hoping you can get by with low on that -42 scope, but it may need medium.  Return what you don’t use. The worst is getting there and your shit won’t work.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Those rings are probably fine.  If you’re going to pre-buy then buy low and medium.  I am hoping you can get by with low on that -42 scope, but it may need medium.  Return what you don’t use. The worst is getting there and your shit won’t work.  

I’ll take a look when I get home but I’ll see how much clearance I’ve got on my tally lows on a 257 vanguard. Only a 40 on it but iirc there’s plenty of clearance for a 42. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ll take a look when I get home but I’ll see how much clearance I’ve got on my tally lows on a 257 vanguard. Only a 40 on it but iirc there’s plenty of clearance for a 42. 

Well, apparently I changed my password but not in tapatalk. I’m trying to figure that but @Lazarus Bocanegra you have plenty of room with lows.  I’ve always done exactly what @Handcrusersaid though, buy both and run with the one you like. For me, it’s always lowest available.   I’ve been very happy with the Talley 2 piece and run them on several rifles.  In fact if I can get this pic to post, you’ll see I’m way underscoped for this rifle, but this combo has been printing clovers for a decade plus now and every time I buy nice glass, I talk myself into a different rifle to put it on.  One of these days I’ll treat this one to some fancy glass but it’s been rock steady since the day I mounted it, in low Talley rings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/12/2024 at 3:37 PM, Handcruser said:

Yeah maybe $50 more. 

you can find them on sale for $50 less very often. 

make sure to buy MOS. 

Question, if I may ask:

My package arrived at the Guns Warehouse in Cedar Park about 3pm today (Thursday).
Usually how many days does it take to call the customer for the FFL transfer after they get that day’s shipment logged in? 
This is my first time doing a transfer at that location.