Tom Petty kicks all kinds of ass

ztejas

saw the documentary last night. nothing groundbreaking or new really but it was a nice snapshot of the band. tp still seemed like a really down to earth guy even as a relatively new rock star. they seemed like a group of dudes who were truly doing it for the love of music. 

this is the best of the covers i've heard, haven't liked any of them all that much. 

Saw the documentary today.  To say it kicks ass would be to underestimate it.  I'm not sure it will be available in theaters any more going forward, but surely it will hit streaming soon, and when it does, check it out.  It engendered laughs and a couple of guffaws and a few gasps and mostly just an overwhelming appreciation of that man's talent.  His bandmates got a ton of air time and they really added to the story.  Go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

watching tp go through all his memorabilia and then later realizing all that stuff was lost when someone burned down his house was a sad realization. 

went to the tom petty day concert yesterday at hotel ella. the damn torpedoes are a really good cover band, i've always had my reservations about seeing them but they were better than i had imagined. the drummer really took it over the top. wouldn't hesitate to see them again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I saw it in the theater Thursday. Went in with low expectations and was blown away. Great film. 

When Stan Lynch replies "pussy" when asked what he thinks about while drumming was the most Stan Lynch reply he could have given.

It didn't even occur to me that all the memorabilia burned up in the fire. Fuck. Are we sure it was there? They had a separate rehearsal space where Mike and Tom kept all his guitars. Could it have been there?

it's been a while since i've read the conversations with tom petty book but i believe he mentions losing all of that stuff. master tapes and a couple guitars were the only thing that was spared from his home recording studio. 

• Hook 'Em 1