Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

20 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.cfebdacce69a93d66906a1ed6088f947.jpg

Hits close to home.  Because every summer, I grill for the in-laws and they basically like their steak cooked to taste/feel like a leather flip-flop.  20+ years later, I gotta explain that the juice isn't blood.  It's myoglobin protein and water.  But fucking-A, if I don't have to put it on for another ten minutes until it tastes like a Reef sandal.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Hits close to home.  Because every summer, I grill for the in-laws and they basically like their steak cooked to taste/feel like a leather flip-flop.  20+ years later, I gotta explain that the juice isn't blood.  It's myoglobin protein and water.  But fucking-A, if I don't have to put it on for another ten minutes until it tastes like a Reef sandal.  

My wife, father-in-law, and I get a medium rare filet.  My mother-in-law gets an overcooked flat iron.  I refuse to overcook a $40/lb steak.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, it's not my place to judge.  I just enjoy feeding people and doing the grunt work.  But at some point, it really does become a question of 'why are spending $30/steak so it tastes like rubber bands?'  

Just pick something else I'll smoke it just fine.  They do their turkey pretty well.  But they don't eat seafood/fish, very rarely chicken. It's mostly beef and cooked the fuck out of its misery.  But at these prices, why bother?  Let's just get hamburgers instead of eating leather belts that literally cost the same as a real leather belt.  /rant 

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 3:09 AM, PRONG HORN said:

On 5/30/2024 at 4:52 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Sorry what? Was concentrating on something else 

On 5/30/2024 at 7:01 AM, Nole-4-Life said:

Did she say something???

staring vince vaughn GIF

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But at these prices, why bother?  Let's just get hamburgers instead of eating leather belts that literally cost the same as a real leather belt. 

Interesting, and correct, depending on whether you cook at home or eat out.  

From Central Market, grass fed New Zealand wagyu ribeye is $34.99/lb ($2.18/oz)

5 oz plain leather belt is $18 at Amazon ($3.6/oz).  Amazon link

If you eat out at a good steakhouse, the steak is more expensive.  The 24 oz American bone-in ribeye is $179 ($7.46/oz) at III Forks in Austin.  III Forks menu 

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Interesting, and correct, depending on whether you cook at home or eat out.  

From Central Market, grass fed New Zealand wagyu ribeye is $34.99/lb ($2.18/oz)

5 oz plain leather belt is $18 at Amazon ($3.6/oz).  Amazon link

If you eat out at a good steakhouse, the steak is more expensive.  The 24 oz American bone-in ribeye is $179 ($7.46/oz) at III Forks in Austin.  III Forks menu 

where are you getting 5oz for the belt?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

My wife, father-in-law, and I get a medium rare filet.  My mother-in-law gets an overcooked flat iron.  I refuse to overcook a $40/lb steak.

If you go to a restaurant and someone orders a steak well done the kitchen picks the shittiest piece of meat they have and they burn it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

where are you getting 5oz for the belt?

Strange.  When I click on it in a regular window, the product details don't give a weight.  When I go to Amazon in an incognito window, search for "plain leather belt," and then click on this particular one, I get the following in the product details:

beltdetailsscreenshot.jpg.9190af0e9a75225b87d435e624468571.jpg

Just now, nnm said:

Strange.  When I click on it in a regular window, the product details don't give a weight.  When I go to Amazon in an incognito window, search for "plain leather belt," and then click on this particular one, I get the following in the product details:

beltdetailsscreenshot.jpg.9190af0e9a75225b87d435e624468571.jpg

Which would include the metal buckle...right?

It doesn't really matter.  just got me wondering.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Which would include the metal buckle...right?

It doesn't really matter.  just got me wondering.

Yes, probably.  I went down that rabbit trail also, but didn't chase it to the end.  

4 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

FB-IMG-1716984098067.jpg

I commented on this the last time I waited with Mrs. NNM to claim her bag (don't get me started on my periodic rage that other family members check bags, despite decades of watching me travel with NO checked bags for many reasons).  I have been traveling domestically and internationally for over 50 years.  Multiple millions of flight miles.  Every continent except Australia and Antarctica.  I have never once seen anyone, in any country, compare a bag check ticket against the ticket on the bag.  

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, nnm said:

I have never once seen anyone, in any country, compare a bag check ticket against the ticket on the bag.

There was a period of time that they checked bag tickets at Mueller.  That might have been a while ago, though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

I commented on this the last time I waited with Mrs. NNM to claim her bag (don't get me started on my periodic rage that other family members check bags, despite decades of watching me travel with NO checked bags for many reasons).  I have been traveling domestically and internationally for over 50 years.  Multiple millions of flight miles.  Every continent except Australia and Antarctica.  I have never once seen anyone, in any country, compare a bag check ticket against the ticket on the bag.  

One time for me that I can think of.

20 or so years ago at Midway(pre-remodel) on a SWA flight that arrived around midnight they were checking everyone leaving with a bag.  They had(and still do) railings that made exit through one or two areas.

which surprised the shit out of me because I have filed claims for bags without a claim ticket, so I wasn't ever really careful with them.  Luckily I had mine.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 6:38 PM, Longboard Horn said:

IMG_0767.jpeg

[Ice Cube]
She a straggler, struggler, straight salami smuggler
Every time I see the bitch, she's looking uglier
And if you got a trick-ass on your left, sitting there with dick on her breath
Last night she sucked my dick, now she's kissing little man
Won't he suck my dick and let's cut out the middle man
And if you haven't heard of me, you's a bitch
It ain't but a word to me