Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

I think there's a way for it to be turned off, but I'm tech illiterate.  But both parties have to do it ahead of time for it to remain private.  Years ago, I sent my brother some money via check.  Then he turned around some time later and his wife venmo'd my wife the money back.  And it was all over my wife's feed and she was mortified, despite it being not a substantial amount of money, but apparently everybody can see the transaction and the notes.  But there's a way to shut it off.  She has no problem with selling baby stuff to other moms and whatnot and having it pop up on her public feed, but apparently a brother paying his brother a few bucks is just a bridge too far.  Again, i think the sticking point is both parties have to opt out of the "broadcast" for it to remain silenced/shielded.  I dunno.  

Banks still crack me up.  "In this day and age of side-gigs, contract work, consulting fees, and fintech...we need 2 years of W-2's and tax returns before we can make a decision based on a random Zelle transaction you made 18 months ago in El Paso at 2am."  

Shit, I lied.  I forgot a friend's band needed more "followers" or whatever back in the 2000's and I created a MySpace account for Umphrey's McGee to try and get more traction for them online.  But the only like I got was from that founder guy who was in the white t-shirt in front of the dry erase board.  So I deleted it a few weeks later.  

Speaking of CD's.  Got the wife a new car last week, so was cleaning out her old one before we sell it.  And she basically just listens to talk radio of AM970, the Catholic Station.  She had one of those in-dash CD changers on the old car.  So there were still two in there, I took 'em out with the rest of the shit in the glovebox and trunk.  Brought 'em inside, and my two little girls were like, "Daddy, what are those?"  And I realized the only CD player we have in the house is in a cabinet and takes like 10 minutes to setup with the separate speakers and component amplifier.  They accept that we have tens of thousands of songs available on ten devices around the house and cars.  But Daddy can't make mommy a 20-track mix CD on this circular device?  I don't think they're gonna be able to handle the concept of vinyl.  "How does that little metal thing make the music?  Are you a wizard?"  

9 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Done em all 

IMG_0995.jpeg

No AOL and no Columbia House.  I helped my best friend's family set up their AOL account, and stuck to my old man's CompuServe dial-up with yahoo email IIRC.  I refused to use ANYTHING AOL, as it was clearly for people who didn't know anything.  Then Columbia House, well, never wanted to get caught in the catch-22.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Orange was always my go to for hangovers in my 20s. Can't do Gatorade at all these days, way too sweet. 235969559cc80c7f74da1405bb1f6301.jpg

Yellow is for after puking your guts out, or just being sick in general.
Red (Fruit Punch) is the best non-exercise drink.
Orange is the best all-around.
Blue is when you can't find Fruit Punch or Orange.