Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

No bills might actually be the winner if you’re buying EVERYTHING on CC, loans and mortgages that you never need to pay back.

Or take 100k/mo for life. 

Set back 20k/mo for you, the rest to the portfolio. For this we’ll assume $30k of the $100k is lost to taxes. (Although your accountant better be shaving that down significantly.)

So you put $50k/mo into your portfolio, however that looks.That’s $600k/yr, and adds up very quick. With that you’d be setting up generational wealth, if done properly.

While having “no bills” works fine for now, it’s the suckers bet.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

.b2260ae03840c1e241fef69b189c97fb.jpg

This is actually a tough question for me.

When you assess the lethality of each line item, on their own merit, it's interesting.

But then when you intersect them all in one arena, it becomes almost too complex. Too many permutations and variables.

Will the 15 wolves you don't pick to defend yourself be distracted and canabalize their team by eating rats? Will the rats swarm the buffalos while you run from lions? Will the hawks eat all the rats? Will the hunter get a single clear shot against you before being mauled by your bear? Do you have to waste a pick by picking the hunter because that's a 100% chance of dying but also is 100% chance he dies in defending you and leaves you at 50% defense?

Am I stoned?

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Vegas64 said:

This is actually a tough question for me.

When you assess the lethality of each line item, on their own merit, it's interesting.

But then when you intersect them all in one arena, it becomes almost too complex. Too many permutations and variables.

Will the 15 wolves you don't pick to defend yourself be distracted and canabalize their team by eating rats? Will the rats swarm the buffalos while you run from lions? Will the hawks eat all the rats? Will the hunter get a single clear shot against you before being mauled by your bear? Do you have to waste a pick by picking the hunter because that's a 100% chance of dying but also is 100% chance he dies in defending you and leaves you at 50% defense?

Am I stoned?

The Hunter is the tricky addition. I think I go with him and 10,000 rats because those are the two that would kill/overwhelm you almost immediately. Assuming each group starts at the edge of the arena, the hunter could drop most, if not all, of the large game before they got close enough to you. The rats could divide and conquer. Gators prob need the hunters attention bc I don’t know how easily rats could tear into them, but they should be able to easily handle all of the mammals. Hawks would slowly whittle down the rats, but there’s not enough of them to do it quickly. Plus, since this thought experiment supposes your choices know they are to defend you, they would team up to pounce at the hawks when they attack. Bet it comes down to rats v hawks at the end, and the number advantage wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

The Hunter is the tricky addition. I think I go with him and 10,000 rats because those are the two that would kill/overwhelm you almost immediately. Assuming each group starts at the edge of the arena, the hunter could drop most, if not all, of the large game before they got close enough to you. The rats could divide and conquer. Gators prob need the hunters attention bc I don’t know how easily rats could tear into them, but they should be able to easily handle all of the mammals. Hawks would slowly whittle down the rats, but there’s not enough of them to do it quickly. Plus, since this thought experiment supposes your choices know they are to defend you, they would team up to pounce at the hawks when they attack. Bet it comes down to rats v hawks at the end, and the number advantage wins.

I think I needed more time to really and intentionally think about the number 10,000 and what that would look like in an arena and how it would play. Humans (at least, me) aren't really wired to be able to spatially think about huge amounts of numbers as psychologists have pointed out and famously the infographic showing our innate inability to reason $1 billion versus $1 million dollars.

If the hunter has a rifle, with a scope and unlimited ammo I think you are right you have to choose him. For some reason I was thinking the hunter had a rifle, with a scope and 1 bullet. I went back and reread the prompt, I think I let the "1" confuse me.

So, I think you are right. 10,000 rats + Hunter give you the most optimal conditions in what seems to still be a very low probability that you survive. 

Edited by Vegas64
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

This is the right idea here, I think. Averages out to 100+ rats per foe (would be 94 targets, 50 of which are hawks), and some don't need 100 focused on them initially. The hawks can grasp at most 2 rats per attack, then they go eat. At most that takes out 100 rats initially, and some hawks may not be so quick to return after a fat 2-rat meal. But are the hawks going to attack you directly, or the rats? Or both?

Come at me hawk, I'll bust your feathered ass. If the rats focus on the others, that's probably better. I guess we are left to assume these rats are actually going to attack and do damage. 10k rats pouncing on 44 targets (not bothering with the hawks) should be enough to overcome other opponents.

Between all that, the non-hawk targets should be able to be taken out between hunter and rats. Leaving the hawks to be handled by the remaining rats and hunter as they can. At that point, fill the hawks up on rats, make em fat and slow, and take them out.

Of course once completed one must stand in the center of the arena and scream, "Are you not entertained?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

This is the right idea here, I think. Averages out to 100+ rats per foe (would be 94 targets, 50 of which are hawks), and some don't need 100 focused on them initially. The hawks can grasp at most 2 rats per attack, then they go eat. At most that takes out 100 rats initially, and some hawks may not be so quick to return after a fat 2-rat meal. But are the hawks going to attack you directly, or the rats? Or both?

Come at me hawk, I'll bust your feathered ass. If the rats focus on the others, that's probably better. I guess we are left to assume these rats are actually going to attack and do damage. 10k rats pouncing on 44 targets (not bothering with the hawks) should be enough to overcome other opponents.

Between all that, the non-hawk targets should be able to be taken out between hunter and rats. Leaving the hawks to be handled by the remaining rats and hunter as they can. At that point, fill the hawks up on rats, make em fat and slow, and take them out.

Of course once completed one must stand in the center of the arena and scream, "Are you not entertained?"

Agreed. The type of gun makes all the difference. If he’s got a muzzle loader or a very limited amount of ammo, that changes the calculation. An assault rifle with a couple hundred rounds makes it pretty obvious. If the hawks attack you, then you direct the rats to cover you like a suit of armor. You’ll get some nasty claw marks, but the hawks couldn’t easily penetrate their meat shield. Also, if/when the hunter dies or runs out of ammo, the gun would still serve as an effective weapon to whack hawks coming at you. Dead rats could be swung by their tails to knock down hawks as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Agreed. The type of gun makes all the difference. If he’s got a muzzle loader or a very limited amount of ammo, that changes the calculation. An assault rifle with a couple hundred rounds makes it pretty obvious. If the hawks attack you, then you direct the rats to cover you like a suit of armor. You’ll get some nasty claw marks, but the hawks couldn’t easily penetrate their meat shield. Also, if/when the hunter dies or runs out of ammo, the gun would still serve as an effective weapon to whack hawks coming at you. Dead rats could be swung by their tails to knock down hawks as well. 

I'm looking for rats here.

Rats.

10k.

Meat Shield.

Blue eyes.

Rats.

10k.

Meat Shield.

Blue eyes.

Okay, we can move on now. Still stoned.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

It's hard to love anything more than the scores of people who whine on Facebook and Nextdoor the day after the 4th of July about people shooting off fireworks. 

They kept my girls up a little later than usual last night, but they're getting older and need to handle themselves every once in awhile after evening holiday festivities.

However, I was freaked the fuck this morning when one of our adjacent neighbor's dog showed up, barking on my front porch with a note around his collar that said, "What were you doing last night between the hours of 11 & midnight?"  That dog don't make no sense! 

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah…this is one of the dumbest questions ever for people who are terrible at math.
No bills? That only works if your bills are over 100k a month. I mean…I guess if you counted credit card bills as “bills,” and had a card with no limit, that would game things, but that’s not what this means.
1 million every 36 months? Gee, that sounds so much better than 3.6 million over 36 months.
People are dumb.

now just wait a minute, dumb?  you're telling me every third year I get a fresh check for a cool million and I don't have to do anything for it?  maybe you're the one who's dumb.