Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.8907b32fc9107d55b37d355c3f583f50.jpg

I hit all of those - AOL & MySpace for customer support.

But this list is woefully short - buncha BBS and later NNTP missing. Don't see "Owned a Sliderule". Don't see "Had a Cell Phone with a cradle", "Paid $80,000 for an Electronic Calculator" or "Owned a Microcomputer with 8-inch floppies"...

Meh... nice try, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I hit all of those - AOL & MySpace for customer support.

But this list is woefully short - buncha BBS and later NNTP missing. Don't see "Owned a Sliderule". Don't see "Had a Cell Phone with a cradle", "Paid $80,000 for an Electronic Calculator" or "Owned a Microcomputer with 8-inch floppies"...

Meh... nice try, though.

Okay Boomer

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.11cdbd29e3158186c8a550d03880ba63.jpg

Of these, 1, though this version is merely "fine" (0.7mm) and not "micro" (0.5mm) which is my preference. 

2 in 0.5mm for when I have to write fast, but the tips blow out and the line quickly gets fat and sloppy, so they're really only good for about half of the ink they come with. 

6 for use on planes. 

My general preference is Pilot Hi-Tec-C in 0.4mm, though it can be a little too pointy for shitty paper or irregular surfaces. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Wrong.

8" floppy was what threw me off. I got my first XT computer in 1989 and never saw / knew of an 8" floppy disk.

I remember spending hours trying to load up DOS just right so I could get what I wanted in the 640KB RAM.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Superhero said:

8" floppy was what threw me off. I got my first XT computer in 1989 and never saw / knew of an 8" floppy disk.

I remember spending hours trying to load up DOS just right so I could get what I wanted in the 640KB RAM.

Boomers are Jenny-Johnny-come-lately. Fuck (MS- or IBM-) DOS and its "ten-times as much" RAM. A nice Z-80 or Z-100 with 64K and a couple of 1024K 8" floppies, one with dBASE II or Pascal and the other with CP/M, you're good to go. Get tired of swapping floppies, grab a 5MB hard drive for a few grand, and you ain't just going, you're flying.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Here I was, having a decent afternoon, and then you had to go and mention dBase. Boooooooooooooooo!

?? One of the great pieces of user-friendly software. Real data storage, real programming language. Data still alive in spreadsheets, but...