Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

On 7/1/2024 at 12:49 PM, nnm said:

IMG_2821.thumb.jpeg.a9a261a553231b292fbc9f0b9a0193e3.jpeg

This one hurts.  Late in the school year, I told my oldest to work on her typing skills and print letters.  I have to block print upper-case almost everything so I can actually read it later (I take a lot of notes or write out talking points, etc.).  Anyway, her handwriting is about as bad as her father's.  But I didn't realize, they still slip in some cursive lessons in elementary school, and her's is actually pretty decent.  So couple weeks ago, I drop her off at Vacation Bible School and have to sign her in on a clipboard.  And there's nowhere to put it down to write all the info down.  Everybody else on the list has signed all the shit in cursive so I don't want to look like a block print illiterate, so I scribbled all the shit down in cursive.  Wife picks her up and sees all my check-in information on the clipboard.  Asks me if I had a stroke because the handwriting looked like I was having a TIA.  

I can still type 100 words a minute with 3 or less errors.  But I have to really focus with a proper pen or pencil to write out an idea.  And if you ask me to write a name out in cursive while standing, it's like watching Stephen Hawking trying to make a portrait in a Japanese dry garden. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This one hurts.  Late in the school year, I told my oldest to work on her typing skills and print letters.  I have to block print upper-case almost everything so I can actually read it later (I take a lot of notes or write out talking points, etc.).  Anyway, her handwriting is about as bad as her father's.  But I didn't realize, they still slip in some cursive lessons in elementary school, and her's is actually pretty decent.  So couple weeks ago, I drop her off at Vacation Bible School and have to sign her in on a clipboard.  And there's nowhere to put it down to write all the info down.  Everybody else on the list has signed all the shit in cursive so I don't want to look like a block print illiterate, so I scribbled all the shit down in cursive.  Wife picks her up and sees all my check-in information on the clipboard.  Asks me if I had a stroke because the handwriting looked like I was having a TIA.  

I can still type 100 words a minute with 3 or less errors.  But I have to really focus with a proper pen or pencil to write out an idea.  And if you ask me to write a name out in cursive while standing, it's like watching Stephen Hawking trying to make a portrait in a Japanese dry garden. 

My handwriting is getting progressively worse. As did my dad’s as he slipped into Alzheimer’s. Getting old sucks thread is that way —->

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll be over there with my messy bowel movements.  I don't get it.  My mom has lovely handwriting.  My father could write in calligraphy with his eyes literally closed.  I take longer to write out a grocery list than it does for me to buy the actual fucking groceries.  Ever since my elementary school teachers wrote "See me about your handwriting" on any assignment I turned in, I've been screwed ever since.  

The only thing I can draw accurately is Akbar & Jeff by Matt Groening (the Simpsons guy).  Last summer, I did some chalk art of animals with my girls on our driveway.  Wife comes home and says, "Oh, she's getting a little better with her drawing I suppose." (in that polite mom voice)  I didn't have the heart to tell her it was my work.  

Back to the thread topic.  20 years after it launched, I still don't have a facebook account.  csb/ Ten years ago, a good friend invited us to tour the campus while we were in the area for a wedding.  The place was amazing, got to meet a lot of top brass.  Before we could enter, we had to fill out these waivers/NDA's because we were getting a "behind-the-scenes" treatment.  It was on a tablet.  I get called back by Facebook security, "Sir, this signature doesn't match the one on the ID you showed us and scanned in."  Yeah man, none of my shit matches anything, I don't know to fucking scribe letters.  I got some free pizza later on though, that was nice. /csb

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Whelp, there's one but good news is you still had a couple to spare on that one.