• Gil Bang changed the title to Kris Kristofferson Rest in Peace
He′s a poet
He's a picker
He's a prophet
He′s a pusher
He′s a pilgrim and a preacher and a problem when he's stoned
He′s a walking contradiction
Partly truth and partly fiction
Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

RIP to the Silver Tongued Devil.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

A giant.  I admire all of his achievements -- academic, military, athletic -- but that dude was a motherfucker of a songwriter.  "Sunday Morning Coming Down" is pretty much the perfect song.

I'm gonna go have a half dozen desserts.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

and thank you for your service Capt Kistofferson, Army Ranger. He turned down a teaching assignment at West Point to be a full time song writer. 

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

Sorry to be technical, but, as the father of someone in a similar situation, I feel I must clarify:

He was "Ranger Qualified" and earned his Ranger tab upon graduation from Ranger School. He wasn't a "Ranger" because he never served in the 75th Ranger Regiment. 

But, he earned that Ranger tab on his uniform and was absolutely entitled to wear it. 

It doesn't diminish his accomplishments or his service even a tiny bit.  

Can you imagine that there are people among us that think Kid Fucking Rock is an "American Badass"?

Kris was indeed just that. Every bit of it.    And I used to frequent a spot  in Claremont CA that had his photo on the wall.  He used to drink there in his Pomona College days.   It always pleased me to see that photo and I felt a silly connection to him...like "fuck, he probably sat on this very stool".   Silly indeed. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Never been able to find it in print but I swear I heard/read a story on KK bedding farah fawcett and him saying something to the effect her ass was so flat he ended up with carpet burns on his balls by the end of the night. Between her and Janis, dude had range. 

• Haha 1

It's crazy that Willie outlived him.

RIP

My Dad opened for Willie on occasion. Said he would down a fifth of Jack every time they played with him. Then he would get up in the morning early and run five miles, minimum. My Dad asked him how he did it and Willie said, “Work hard play hard. I abuse my body so I gotta give back to it.” Willie has a black belt from studying martial arts. That’s no joke. The pros who last tend to have this mentality. Look at Mick Jagger. That guy has done it all but is still kicking in part because of an active consistent exercise routine.

Kris, man…talk about a guy who lived a rich and full life. He left nothing on the table. We should be so lucky as to realize as much of our personal potential as that man.

Sail on
Sail on
Sailor
  • Hook 'Em 2

I've thought a lot about Kris over the past year as we lost my dad in the summer of 23 and Kris was his all time favorite.  Like someone up thread said -- when I think of my childhood I think of riding to the baseball fields in my dad's truck listening to Kris and Willie.

• Like 2