New Bill In Oklahoma: Let's Give Everyone Every Disease

SKJ

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Well, glad to see they draw a line somewhere.

Lice?  They drew the line at Lice?  

Huffines is gonna launch his third party candidacy around this kinda shit.  

17 year olds considering hormone therapy?  Nah, fuck that.  We got some Hep-C for your kids this semester!  

You thought our thinking on history, science, and civil rights was ancient?  Well, check out THE PLAGUE.  That's right, the plague ladies and gentlemen.  We're bringing back all the old hits from yesteryear.  Be sure to grab a MRSA sample on your way into the gymnasium for some exciting speeches on Noah saving the dinosaurs.  

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Will be proposed in Texas as soon as some of our reps hear about it. 

So here was the Texas GOP’s position on education as of 2012 (no reason to believe it’s changed in 10 years):

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

So they oppose the central premise of public education, but (and I agree with what you’re saying) they favor sending sick kids there.

As Bill Maher put it at the very end of this segment…

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, the historical undertones aren't great either.  Most anti-vaxx folks on the hard right still vaccinate their kids for the usual shit before school starts.  Then you've got the hard left anti-vaxxers but there can't be many in Oklahoma.  

My brother had his kids home schooled for a number of years but finally re-enrolled them in public school.  There was a number of folks in the area that home-schooled so they formed this "association" so the kids could play sports and do clubs 'n shit together.  They finally kicked my nieces out because they didn't want vaccinated children in the group because it went against their belief system.  My brother is far more polite than I am.  I would have taken a shit in each of their sinks and wished them well with typhoid.  Instead they just moved downstate.  

18 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

So here was the Texas GOP’s position on education as of 2012 (no reason to believe it’s changed in 10 years):

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

So they oppose the central premise of public education, but (and I agree with what you’re saying) they favor sending sick kids there.

Video is from 2012 and has exactly the same relevance today.  Rs are children, full stop.

51 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I remember this episode and he was right.

Ă—
Ă—