Recommend me an orthopedic doc/group in Round Rock/ Leander/N Austin Area

Both my fucking knees are shot. I'm fat as fuck. I can barely bend my knees. Walking fucking sucks. Fuck stairs.

My doctor told me to find an ortho and he'd give the referral, but I don't have a clue about these people. I'd just be picking a name off a website. Figured I'd ask y'all.

Dr. Loeb at Texas Orthopedics did my shoulder, and though I don't think he does knees, I would start with their practice. Dr Lutz did my foot there, too, but that was ages ago and I'm not sure he's still around. Very pleasant to work with. Aside from being cut open.

Tons of offices north, surgery center on Seton Center right by the Costco. 

Edited by Ignatius Reilly
  • Like 1

You can also check out Steve Wilson with Orthopedic Associates of Central Texas.  He's a surgeon specializing in sports medicine and joint replacement.  Haven't had to get any surgery, but multiple family members have seen him for various ailments over the years.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, txduck87 said:

Bumping this . Son, who is a junior at UT, messed up his ankle pretty bad playing basketball. I’m in Houston , so don’t know the local doc scene.

Looking for a good orthopedic doc , sports medicine , etc.

Thanks

Pedro Cosculluela put a handful of screws in my foot a couple of years ago when he was at Houston Methodist. His specialty is foot and ankle. I was very pleased with the surgery and results. He’s moved to Austin now and is with Austin Sports Medicine. FWIW, this is the group that works with UT Athletics and one of their founding partners, Carey Windler, is in the UT Athletics Hall of Honor.

https://austinsportsmed.com/our-team/our-doctors-austin-sports-medicine/pedro-cosculluela-md.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 1:48 PM, txduck87 said:

Bumping this . Son, who is a junior at UT, messed up his ankle pretty bad playing basketball. I’m in Houston , so don’t know the local doc scene.

Looking for a good orthopedic doc , sports medicine , etc.

Thanks

Anything foot&ankle, I'm going to Dr Ashley Ledger. A little north in the killeen area

Dr. Padalecki did a great job with my son's broken collarbone surgery.  However, he's the medical director for Austin Ballet, so I assume he has a ton of experience in lower leg injuries.  He sees patients in NW Austin (Far West Blvd), but I think all the surgery happens on 34th St.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:47 PM, tchookem said:

Both my fucking knees are shot. I'm fat as fuck. I can barely bend my knees. Walking fucking sucks. Fuck stairs.

My doctor told me to find an ortho and he'd give the referral, but I don't have a clue about these people. I'd just be picking a name off a website. Figured I'd ask y'all.

you need a much better dr / gp 

Texas Ortho is a good group. Locations all over town. Various doctors in the group have put me back together again a few times. 

One thing I have appreciated is that they have x-ray and their own MRI on site so you don’t have to get sent to some shitty imaging center with a different appointment

Edited by Your Mom

I don't believe my former doc is still in practice, but I think we referred to Dr. Travis Hanson for 2nd opinions back in the day.

I spent 5 years as a PA in foot & ankle surgery, so feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions. I might remember something.

Edited by hookem2010

Whoops, I was looking at Houston. Not as sure about Austin, although if I remember correctly, we sent some people to former Texas kicker Kris Stockton. I also spent a day with Dr. Smoot years ago when I was in school and I think he's still working.