NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

24 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Is the person/s behind this NIL tracker connected to TCU?  I ask because on twitter there were several people throwing shade at TCU in the comments.

It’s just a TCU fan that changed their display name and profile picture

It's weird that TCU even has fans. I wouldn't be shocked if UTSA has more. 

I tried telling everyone that Dykes would slink back to his regularly scheduled W/L during and after the title game, but some people weren't having it. The dipshit had Fatterson's upperclassmen and now he's shown his true self. Those "fans" will be nowhere now that Texas has moved on to a real conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

what is the yea alabama part about?

Alabama's NIL collective? He's bitching that they are poor and I guarantee he doesn't give to their collective. It's a glorious self own that's so obvious he isn't going to give.

45 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Help me with my maths here... but isn't 2mil + 1.6mil x 4 only 8.4mil and not 9.2?

So according to this logic, we would have roughly $10 Mil per year tied up in NIL in the QB room? Quinn + Arch + Trey + KJ + Dia? 

e539bd17-67cb-4f24-ba91-8ce7701e0da4_tex

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

The ON3 Crimson Corner says that OU has consolidated NIL into “10Oklahoma”. It looks like this new outfit isn’t led by the corporate NIL outfit they shared with several other universities. 

Is this a big change? Something that makes them sign more competitive? Or just an inevitable rationalization of the market?

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

The ON3 Crimson Corner says that OU has consolidated NIL into “10Oklahoma”. It looks like this new outfit isn’t led by the corporate NIL outfit they shared with several other universities. 

Is this a big change? Something that makes them sign more competitive? Or just an inevitable rationalization of the market?

This is just copying what we did with the Texas One Fund, get them all under the same umbrella

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 4:56 PM, Hookem2147 said:

No we don't. We basically already do this via Opendorse. Shitty collectives who are basically still running the bag game will hate it. This isnt going to be an arbiter to determine if the contract is fair market value, they are just checking for quid pro quo and legal compliance. This will get rid of so many pay for play and bullshit contracts

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

NIL agent cautionary tale 

FSU RB says he didn't want to leave FSU, but when the agent that his parents hired started texting other coaches pretending to be him soliciting a transfer, it got back to the FSU coaches and they sent him packing. 

Spoiler

Arkansas RB Rodney Hill blames 'bad agent' for leaving FSU

David Hale, ESPN Staff Writer

Former Florida State running back Rodney Hill blames a "bad agent" for his circuitous path through the transfer portal to Arkansas.

Hill, who served as the Seminoles' No. 3 tailback and worked on kick returns last season, told Arkansas media Friday that he was forced to leave Florida State after coaches there learned an agent had been contacting other teams to gauge interest in Hill before he had entered the transfer portal.

Hill said his parents had hired the agent, who then texted coaches from other programs purporting to be Hill.

"When it got back to the head coach, I had to leave Florida State," Hill told the Fort Smith Southwest Times Record.

A Florida State source confirmed the basic details of Hill's account but could not say whether there were additional mitigating circumstances surrounding his departure.

Hill had 77 carries for 334 yards and two touchdowns and five catches for 83 yards in two seasons at Florida State after arriving in 2022 as a four-star recruit (No. 235 in the ESPN 300) out of Statesboro, Georgia.

After leaving Florida State in December, Hill committed to Florida A&M then decommitted after Rattlers coach Willie Simmons left to become the running backs coach at Duke. Hill then committed to Miami, decommitted once more and returned to Florida A&M, where he said he took classes and worked out with the team before entering the transfer portal again.

"During that time when I had to leave, I wasn't trying to leave, I didn't want to leave, so I just had to, and the portal was closing up," Hill said. "Florida A&M was next door [in Tallahassee], so I just had to go there for a month, find a new place."

Hill ultimately landed at Arkansas, where he figures to be part of a running back rotation in a role similar to his usage at Florida State.

He said he has a new agent now, Joe Hernandez of Just Win Management, but he thinks his story should be a cautionary tale for younger players considering hiring their own representation to take a more active role in the process and be more careful in their hiring practices.

"From my perspective, I know it's your parents and stuff like that, but sometimes you've got to handle it on your own," Hill said. "Sometimes, like with my parents, I know they were trying to do the best thing for me, but sometimes you've got to take that on your own and got to do it yourself. But to other kids, I'd just say you don't have to get an agent right now. Just wait."

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1