Slow Horses

Duffy made one of the tiger team waiting by the hatch give him a weapon and Shirley got one off of one of the dead tiger team members.  Shirley said her weapon jammed.

edit

Shirley originally got a weapon from Marcus’ trunk, but I thought it ran out of ammo and she picked up another one from a dead tiger team member.  I could be mistaken though

One weapon running out of ammo or jamming at a key moment, ok, but two just seemed like lazy writing to me.

great episode though

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Finished the last two episodes of the 3rd season last night. A better season in terms of action. I liked seasons 1 & 2 but I get that their pacing was going to turn off viewers. 

This season was really good. And season 4 looks amazing. Agent Smith joining the cast - awesome.

I’ll give my overall season 3 thoughts later.

I have to say, I liked the subtly and slow burn of the first couple seasons. You could tell they really leaned into exaggerating Lambs character early in the season, but the last couple episodes are a little ridiculous. It’s like full on Commando movie complete with smartass remarks mid shooting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I just finished books 1-3 and am getting ready to start 4.  I should have it knocked out in plenty of time before season 4 starts.

I need to read those. How much does the series deviate from books? Similar to Tinker Tailor? 

On 8/17/2024 at 9:26 AM, Hamttx said:

I need to read those. How much does the series deviate from books? Similar to Tinker Tailor? 

I read 3 right before the season and it was pretty close to the main plot points.  They changed some things (Spider is in a coma and dies from wounds in book 2, no female in the kidnapping crew, etc), but the main structure was the same.

Looking forward to the new season.  There are a few things that could be really great if they treat it correctly.  Hugo Weaving is a great casting for his character.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just stumbled onto this show on Sunday and binged the first season.  Tough start but great finish.  I look forward to the rest.  

Somehow, the farting is so visceral you can smell your uncle's worst fart from childhood memories.

oldman-horses1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 11:48 PM, naija said:

how was this the first time I noticed her fingers?

I caught it last season. Whether intentional or not they used a lot of props to “assist” not having a direct line of sight. Usually holding something like a folder or phone. The new episode appears as if they decided to no longer do that, and just let it go. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 9:00 PM, Stringer said:

I read the book, so I’m curious how that episode worked for you guys?

I'm not sure yet. It'll depend on how the rest of the season goes and where this story is headed. I knew River wasn't dead, because they never showed his face when he came to the house and got the bathwater running, so the end wasn't really a shock. Now I'm just trying to figure out who planned this and when did they start. I assume the lunch with Louisa where he said he was worried about his grandfather and guns was a set-up to make sure everyone thought he was dead.

But honestly, none of this plan makes sense. We'll see, but there has to be a better way to fake a death than to use grandpa whose mental capacity is clearly declining.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

I caught it last season. Whether intentional or not they used a lot of props to “assist” not having a direct line of sight. Usually holding something like a folder or phone. The new episode appears as if they decided to no longer do that, and just let it go. 

It was quite jarring. Can’t believe that they hid that so well in prior seasons.

Knew River wasnt dead because he was in a bunch of scenes in the trailers that weren’t in the first 10 minutes of the season.

Laughed at the water boarding.

On 9/9/2024 at 10:14 PM, Scary Stranger said:

It was quite jarring. Can’t believe that they hid that so well in prior seasons.

Ya’ll keep talking fingers and I don’t want to go back through the thread-whose fingers and what’s the issue with them?

17 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So River is related to that French mercenary group somehow.  The Bertrand dude was a spitting image, we have never really met his parents etc.  

Harkness is River's father. River, the doppleganger, the (other) French assassin that presumably killed Bad Sam, and the bomber are all half-brothers. When River was talking to his doppleganger's mother, she talked about how Harkness had a harem of women at Les Abres - greek, polish, russian, english, etc. Harkness would impregnate the women, steal the baby boys from their mothers, and train them to be his team of assassins. Basically, you can assume that any of the bad guys working for Harkness are his sons. 

The secret opp that Bad Sam did for David Cartwright was to get David's daughter/River's mother out of Les Abres. Still don't know what happened to mom, or how David Cartwright ended up with River...

On 8/13/2024 at 3:45 PM, Post Oak said:

This one looks good. The whole show is wonderful but the scenes with Gary Oldman and Kristin Scott Thomas are far and away my favorite. They are absolutely fantastic together.

It reminds me a lot of Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder. Which.. I still love more but Oldman and Thomas nail those scenes for sure.

Spoiler

Some great, if short ones, already in season 4