Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

So what are the Big 12’s secondary teams that are on the same level as Oregon or Auburn? Because I can’t think of any.

That’s the part I don’t agree with. In a mock draft of college football teams I think you’d see more what you call 3rd tier SEC and Big Ten team come off the board before you get to the first Big 12 selection.

Well secondary was more a response to someone that would say "but did you consider so and so" and I would say "I did, but they're secondary".   Oregon is not USC.   Auburn is not Alabama. They're not top...they're secondary.   If someone starts to wax poetic about how Indiana or Iowa or Mississippi State is somehow different than Colorado or Iowa State or Oklahoma State, I am not sure what to say.   I haven't even seen anything to prove that its right.   What I have seen, repeatedly, is if you're in the top 12, which really is the top 14 if you add FSU and Notre Dame (and FSU is realllllllly pushing it as I can almost prove they don't belong on that list), you matter.  That's our La Bleu Bloods.  If you are not, you are basically the same folding chair being moved around on the pool deck.  When you're winning, you're moved closer to the pool, when you're not you're pushed back towards the shade.   As I said, if 48 is the made-up magic number from 20 posts ago, 12 isn't the hard list, it's the 36, and the group is more alike than they are different.   The only reason half are paid one thing and half are paid another is who is beating them.

As for who comes off the board, it is a real interesting experiment right now, because prior to this year the argument was always none of these teams would rate at all without playing the top, but now they have to, so we'll see.   We won't know without time, but currently Colorado is fleecing both Oregon and Auburn.   Sure, its Prime, but its also Oregon and Auburn.  Colorado pulled just shy of 5m viewers playing North Fucking Dakota State.  Know who else pulled 4.75m playing an FCS?   No one.  The next highest G5 game is NIU beating ND and it is 3.93m.   In Auburn's two rated games so far, they've totaled 1.8m.  Totaled.   Matter a fact, Auburn and Oregon's combined 4 game audience of 5m is needed to top that single game from Colorado, who then went on to pull an additional 9m viewers in its next two rated games.   The only other teams with 14m viewers through 3 rated weeks are Georgia and Notre Dame.     Colorado is out Oregoning Oregon.

So we can argue it away with "flash in the pan", "he won't stay" or "it won't last", but at the moment if you're drafting for Q rating outside the top tier and you're not taking Colorado, you're not winning your league.    They did this last year to with 4 wins.   No other team does this, not even top brands.   

On top of that, in 3 weeks (still waiting for last week's as of this writing) we've seen 27 games with 2m or more in audience, P4 teams in those games:

• ND - 3
  • ACC - 7  
  • B1G - 10
  • B12 - 10
  • SEC - 17

As stated, the SEC has the big hitters, the Big Ten has the money-making organization.