Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

4 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Agree on both, but they do have some advantages.  Proximity to 4th largest city and top 15 busiest airport.  Rich recruiting grounds.  They could always play games at NRG like they are this weekend.  That's how they fulfill their FBS attendance commitment.  I think it's a crazy idea, but the PAC is desperate at this point.

They only need a single football playing member. They don’t need an all sports member. UConn, Toledo, and NIU I are their desperation moves. Sam Houston isn’t even on the radar.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Agree on both, but they do have some advantages.  Proximity to 4th largest city and top 15 busiest airport.  Rich recruiting grounds.  They could always play games at NRG like they are this weekend.  That's how they fulfill their FBS attendance commitment.  I think it's a crazy idea, but the PAC is desperate at this point.

Sounds a lot like Houston?   Is the Big 12 shipping them off?

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

They only need a single football playing member. They don’t need an all sports member. UConn, Toledo, and NIU I are their desperation moves. Sam Houston isn’t even on the radar.

I mean, you make total sense, but my source said that the PAC contacted them.  Not the other way around.  Due diligence I'm sure.  Frankly, none of it makes much sense to me.  But it's fun to watch play out I suppose.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Biped said:

I mean, you make total sense, but my source said that the PAC contacted them.  Not the other way around.  Due diligence I'm sure.  Frankly, none of it makes much sense to me.  But it's fun to watch play out I suppose.

I find it hard to believe, but I guess we’ll see, shit leaks out fast nowadays…

7 hours ago, Hurtlocker said:

Had you told me over a decade ago that when we were in the infant realignment posts doing flightware checks for the Pac 16 rumors, that Texas State would potentially join the Pac in 2025 it would have blown my mind.    That was not something I am not sure anyone mapped out and I'm pretty sure we mapped everything out including Prestige Worldwide.

Yet here we are.

mind blown gifs | WiffleGif

😂

It’s so true.  There were lots of maps, lots of theories, and more lists of pods than I care to remember.  As a group, there was a general consensus that we were definitely heading towards some sort of consolidation.  There were definitely more than a few UT and OU to the SEC and even a few Best of the PAC to the BIG posts, but I’m pretty positive no one had Texas State to the PAC.

Fresno St to the PAC would be a close second for truly shocking.