Shoresy (Letterkenny Spin-off on Hulu)

'stache

I know we have Letterkenny fans here. Didn’t realize this just released but I’m getting over the ‘rona and binged. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely some similarities with Letterkenny but also it’s own thing, mostly hockey focused. The pacing felt a little slow sometimes which is weird because I often thought Letterkennys fast paced dialogue gags were sometimes too fast. Some of the recurring jokes were great, like Ted Hitchcock, and Shoreseys constant “huh” after asking a question. Also felt some deeper moments, almost reminiscent of Ted Lasso (not to the same level obviously just something that came to mind).  I really hope it gets another season.

Spoiler

In addition to the new Kids in the Hall, another unexpected dick appearance, lol.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Decent, but nowhere near Season 1. And yeah, can you really call that a season of TV? They didn't even cover a full season of the team.

Funniest jokes that stood out to me:

Spoiler

Goody calling Michaels a fucking nerd.

Telling the guys to hit the buttons on the microwave to get JJFJJ out of the room.

The kid reporter asking the Hunt about cocaine usage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Came off as a love letter to hockey from Jared.  3 hours of content is about right for this though. 

He gets nothing but smoke shows for his female roles in his shows. And I salute him for it. 

There's an impossible amount of good looking girls in Sudsburry.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched this over the last week and really enjoyed it.  Funny throughout and got emotional at times.  The characters were all distinct and interesting.  I want to watch Letterkenny but that episode count is daunting.

Scattershot thoughts:

- The constant tear downs and insults had an incredibly high hit rate.  Top notch writing.

- I loved the little ridiculous concepts they threw in there like Sudbury having just straight 10's all over town.  So funny

- Any scene in Nat's office was a must watch.  Same 5 characters and always entertaining.  Someone asked earlier and the answer is Miig

- The Jims were fucking beauties.  I sat up in my chair each time it was coming around to Jim 3

- The only repetitive joke and set up that didn't work for me was JJ Frankie JJ.  It was fine, but a ton of time was spent on all of his exes and it was diminishing returns

- Jory Jordan is a king.

- Shorsey saying "Huh?" a second after asking a question got me every time.  I hope that was unscripted and he would just throw it in to throw people off randomly.  I did it to my wife like twice and she shut it down real quick.

Highly recommended if anyone is considering it.

Only think I learned from Letterkenny is that I could not watch it while high, the dialogue goes way too fast when in that condition to keep up, lol. The ladies of Letterkenny are worth it alone.

Why would you not want to watch the original show that spawned Shoresy if you like Shoresy a lot?

It’s not that I don’t want to watch it. Finding time is tough these days with work (me and wife) and two kids (4 and 7).

I happened to have the flu, so I was able to sit in a bedroom and knock out 3 shorts seasons. 12 short seasons when things are normal is a bit more of a task.

On 7/11/2024 at 5:02 PM, 'stache said:

Love the show, but man, sports are supposed to be fun. Having to brawl before every other period seems miserable. The over the top machismo is a little cringy sometimes.

Ever go to an ice bats game? That's how minor league hockey is.

On 7/11/2024 at 6:14 PM, Stringer said:

- Shorsey saying "Huh?" a second after asking a question got me every time.  I hope that was unscripted and he would just throw it in to throw people off randomly.  I did it to my wife like twice and she shut it down real quick.

• 1 month later...