The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

Ain't no different for MasterCraft and there's a shit-ton more letters to buy from Vanna too.
Found that out the hard way.

Back to this.

Did you replace the letter yourself or talk it in? I may put it on this weekend, but curious if you have any tips. I take it I need to bring some thinner 3M VHB tape (have that) but taking the old letter off is a major concern.

I’m not being cheap, the dealership is 70 miles away and to take it out of the boathouse, load it, yada yada yada is a huge pita if it is a 15 minute job.

Something happened this week that I thought was less likely than cold fusion or time travel.

Got a new battery for my wife's Honda CRV.  We're planning on selling the car in a year or two so I just got the cheapest battery I could find at the advance auto parts near our house. $199 for a 440 CCA battery. Couple of years ago a similar battery was around $120.

Had a battery go bad in the boat,  Interstate 880 CCA. Figured it was going to be around $300. Unbelievably it was only $165 at South Austin Marine. First time in my life something with "Marine" stamped on it was cheaper than a car version of something similar.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The starter on our 20 year old Yamaha finally kicked the bucket, which meant no lake for the 4th through this weekend. Those starters are as hard to find as froghair, they never go out. In seven years, as a boat mechanic CHIEF Jr. said he only replaced one.

One of his college buddies has an old 1998 Nautique with the 351 Cleveland, they replaced the coil and are out giving it a test run. Gonna have to wear a visor and some Tiddys on the boat today.

CHIEF

On 6/18/2024 at 11:48 PM, markstanco said:

We all know the acronym BOAT.

Don’t hit the raised lettering on the side of the boat and crack it. You can’t buy just the “B” on a Moomba. You have to buy them all.

Or, and hear me out...  just get it wrapped...

flmanboat - Copy.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You can see me in the webcam.  3rd row on the left side of the screen.  You’ll see a couple kayaks on racks on the sides.  Cove will fill in big tomorrow.  Super hot inland this weekend.   It totally overcast on the coast.  Cool little feature of the island is that it heats up early and it creates a clear halo mid morning while the channel is totally overcast.  Pretty foggy in fact coming out and my radar was being finicky.  But couldn’t be nicer out here right now.

https://www.visitcatalinaisland.com/two-harbors/webcam/

Edit-looks like I may be behind a tree.  They change up the angles some times.

IMG_0856.jpeg

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ROFL BOX said:

What town then / which one going back?

We had a place on Sanibel for 5-6 years. Sold right before the hurricane, replacement flooded prior to us closing, haven’t decided what we’re going to do next. 

Started looking at boats again last week. That never ends well for my bank account.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 11:57 AM, CoTex said:

@troph

What’s the rule on Cuba?

I would pay a premium for a run over to Havana, couple of nights on my boat, then out with nothing but a passport stamp.

Thats got to be similar distance from Islamorada to Bahamas right?

Cuba doesn't want any boat traffic that they cannot control; the last thing is a zillion smaller boats with someone hiding under a stack of life jackets.

As to distance over to the Bahamas, something like Lauderdale to Bimini is gonna be your best route.  Lots of fast boats make a day trip with 1 ~ 1½ hours East, spend a day, 1½ hours West.

"Crazy Greg" was known for that trip.

Screenshot_20240712_224632_Maps.jpg

On 7/11/2024 at 10:25 PM, Sbbruin said:

This is me.  Hidden behind the trees but next to the power boat.

IMG_0857.jpeg

Looks like the same photographer that snaps pictures of sasquatch was involved here...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I vote you do it so that I can continue to live vicariously thru you and your office days.   I'm going to be up your way with my sled in the next week or so, God willing.  Daughters are begging to go tubing. 

Let me know before you come.  You're going to need ramp intel.  Trust me on this.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Let me know before you come.  You're going to need ramp intel.  Trust me on this.

I was going to because I believe you mentioned the only one I’ve used was out of commission or something awhile back. Also, new truck is about 40’ long and that particular ramp was tough on that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

What are you doing with the MC?

Trade-in.  Could not even sniff the Tige without what I'm getting for the MC.  It's good to have family sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trade-in.  Could not even sniff the Tige without what I'm getting for the MC.  It's good to have family sometimes.

Glad the mastercraft phase is over.

Now if we’re talking Stars and Stripes, that’s a different story.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Handcruser said:

Glad the mastercraft phase is over.

Now if we’re talking Stars and Stripes, that’s a different story.

Ha!  As for the "phase", that will always be directly related to wherever my cousin is working.  As far as MCs go, I have nothing bad to say other than the model I had was on the lower end & very basic.

Ha!  As for the "phase", that will always be directly related to wherever my cousin is working.  As far as MCs go, I have nothing bad to say other than the model I had was on the lower end & very basic.

Did he leave Boat Town ?

Man, what a beautiful boat.  I love Malibus.  Excellent color scheme

Malibus are really pretty boats. I think overall they have the best design aesthetic.

I do like supras as well.

Centurion Enzo’s are really good looking.

But im a direct drive closed bow guy lol
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Out on Canyon for the first time since college.  In-laws have a rental 'toon for the grandkids to party on.  Place looks to be in much better shape than Travis!

PXL_20240726_1903599232.thumb.jpg.fa57799c0cb7f6fd3c8720096c251386.jpg

Both have gotten a ton of water lately. Travis is up 11 ft from 3 months ago, up to 47%