The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

Posted (edited)

Well, I'm still in the honeymoon period so there's your caveat.  That said, I love it so far.  Two levels up as far the interior of the boat goes.  Rear facing lounge chairs (collapsible), hinged seat cushions, trash disposal right behind and under the captain's chair,  push button tower up/down, twice the storage (deeper hull), 3 times the ballast (3,750lbs vs 1200lbs in the MC), really nice and big touch screen computer control, excellent sound system, 1 more foot in length, yada yada...

The Indmar engine runs quiet and while it doesn't give you whiplash, it digs and gets the boat up and out nicely.

Best part is anything wrong with it and NXTLVL guys come to my slip and either fix it there or haul it back to the NB shop for me.  All winterizations and oil changes include in the service plan I added the day of purchase.  

TLDR - The Tige Z3 is rocking my face off so far.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2

I guess this is sorta boat related (hell, I can get mine in there) - About 500 yards from my back door is the Canyon Lake "Party Cove".   Because of the drop in water levels a bunch of cool caves have been revealed, the coolest of which is right in this cove.  Apparently, some outfit out of ATX that does glowing kayaks has set up a recurring nighttime tour of this spot and the pics from their FB page are pretty damned cool...

IMG_1316.jpeg

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_1315.jpeg

IMG_1313.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

IMG_1310.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1307.jpeg

Image 7-31-24 at 7.58 PM.jpeg

Image 7-31-24 at 7.58 PM (1).jpeg

Image 7-31-24 at 7.58 PM (2).jpeg

Image 7-31-24 at 7.58 PM (3).jpeg

Edited by Cajun
https://www.canyonlakeglowkayak.org/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEXvYtleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHQpz1udcCSoRPxBRavA6LhMZRO5c-2AWKDeUG83KwDIXs5XoDDQpo8-3Pg_aem_Phtu1Ml_4nArUYLyIgVrNQ
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 2:05 PM, PvilleStang said:

Out on Canyon for the first time since college.  In-laws have a rental 'toon for the grandkids to party on.  Place looks to be in much better shape than Travis!

PXL_20240726_1903599232.thumb.jpg.fa57799c0cb7f6fd3c8720096c251386.jpg

So forgot to update this.  15 minutes out, we go to drop anchor and the wind shifts, and sure enough, anchor is stuck.  Back and forth on the motor while pulling the anchor, and 10 minutes later, we've got ourselves another anchor.  Thing was COVERED in zebra mussels, so I can only assume it's been there for a hot minute.

Displaying 1000003638.jpg

Kids also thoroughly enjoyed the new lilypad the inlaws picked up:

image.thumb.png.271702ae9de8ea993763a2445830b828.png

unnamed.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

If the car wasn't filled to the brim with our crap from the 4 day vacation, or if I'd had the truck, I would have brought it home and cleaned it up. But throwing a zebra mussel-infested anchor on the floorboard and driving home was a big no-go.

Lake Austin was nuts today. Told my kids this is probably the last time we go out on a weekend this year.

A big fuck you to:

The guy on the electric hydrofoil that went through the swimming area at our lake park. You could have fucked up a kid pretty good. Only good thing was him running into the steel cable between the buoys  and faceplanting on the way out.

Boats who seem to think it's ok to be 20 feet behind the kids on the tube behind my boat. Ended up just coming to a complete stop three times today to get them to pass. An especially big fuck you to the one who was keeping up with me going 25mpg,  passed me then slowed to 15 mph causing me to have to stop again.

Jet skiers. All of them. But especially the ones going 20 mph through the no wake zone near the bridge leaving a 3 foot wave. I got pulled over Tuesday for going too fast through the zone, my boat was going 5 mph, just fast enough to maintain steerage. Cops today were about 20 yards away from them, didn't move.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Lake Austin was nuts today. Told my kids this is probably the last time we go out on a weekend this year.
A big fuck you to:
The guy on the electric hydrofoil that went through the swimming area at our lake park. You could have fucked up a kid pretty good. Only good thing was him running into the steel cable between the buoys  and faceplanting on the way out.
Boats who seem to think it's ok to be 20 feet behind the kids on the tube behind my boat. Ended up just coming to a complete stop three times today to get them to pass. An especially big fuck you to the one who was keeping up with me going 25mpg,  passed me then slowed to 15 mph causing me to have to stop again.
Jet skiers. All of them. But especially the ones going 20 mph through the no wake zone near the bridge leaving a 3 foot wave. I got pulled over Tuesday for going too fast through the zone, my boat was going 5 mph, just fast enough to maintain steerage. Cops today were about 20 yards away from them, didn't move.
Sounds like jet skiers are the on water equivalent of side by sides.

I usually refer to them as the cockroaches of the lake.

A few weeks ago we were putting in early in the morning. Maybe 5 boats on the entire lake. 22 miles of open lake.
Group of 5 jet skiers all doing donuts directly in front of the boat ramp.  

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 10:26 PM, blacklab said:

A big fuck you to:

Fucking jet skiers man.  Had one today at the Canyon Lake Marina going 20 mph all through the docks & no wake zones.  

At least out here I can find hides where they don’t venture.  Lake Austin?

Yeah, you’re stuck with them.

IMG_2737.gif

Edited by Cajun
And, yeah, plenty of moron boat operators as well.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 hours ago, blacklab said:

I usually refer to them as the cockroaches of the lake.

A few weeks ago we were putting in early in the morning. Maybe 5 boats on the entire lake. 22 miles of open lake.
Group of 5 jet skiers all doing donuts directly in front of the boat ramp.  

God that's what I remember about putting in at Walsh back in the day.  It's what prompted me to go on an adventure to find Mary Quinlan.  That shit doesn't happen up there. But the parking lot is like the size of a saltine cracker at El Patio.

Renting a slip and buying a lift at Canyon Lake Marina on Wednesday.  No more fucking ramp goat rodeo bullshit for this mf'er.  Cannot wait to sign on that dotted line.

Edited by Cajun
  • Drool 1

At least Walsh is now in a giant no wake zone so it shouldn't be as bad as it was years ago.

Is there anyplace to gas up on the lake?

Nothing is funnier to me than seeing some old dude at a multimillion dollar house on lake austin look like a monkey fucking a football trying to get a couple of big gas cans on wheels across his lawn and down to his boat dock. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Renting a slip and buying a lift at Canyon Lake Marina on Wednesday.  No more fucking ramp goat rodeo bullshit for this mf'er.  Cannot wait to sign on that dotted line.

I can't believe it took you this long.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/3/2024 at 11:26 PM, blacklab said:

A big fuck you to:

I just want to see a pic of a jetski throwing a 3' wake...

Spoiler

8511547678_78b4a349f8_w.jpg

3 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I can't believe it took you this long.  

Well, they were't available till recently.  Not for my sized boat.

And the only reason I'm not being put on the waiting list for this one is that it's one of NXTLVL's slips (the dealer in NB I bought the Tige from).

Edited by Cajun

4 hours ago, blacklab said:

At least Walsh is now in a giant no wake zone so it shouldn't be as bad as it was years ago.

Is there anyplace to gas up on the lake?

Nothing is funnier to me than seeing some old dude at a multimillion dollar house on lake austin look like a monkey fucking a football trying to get a couple of big gas cans on wheels across his lawn and down to his boat dock. 

The marina just up from Walsh & on the opposite side had pumps when I used to haunt that lake.  That's it though (I think).

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

The marina just up from Walsh & on the opposite side had pumps when I used to haunt that lake.  That's it though (I think).

It used to be called "The Only Store" but I haven't gassed up on Lake Austin in... decades probably.

RIP The Pier

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On another note, I've bought so many of these Chinese made, ridiculously expensive tow tubes that I can't even keep count & they all fall apart.  I am bound & determined to get as much out of this most recent one ( which started to unravel after 1 season) that I've become a seamstress.  

Looks like I stitched up Frankenstein, but I have high hopes...

IMG_5771.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

Edited by Cajun

20 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Don’t you guys run tubes behind your boats? Tubers are barely a step above jet skiers on the lake. Every zig zag throws rollers all the way down the river.

River?  I’m on a lake bro.

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

I meant on canyon.

19 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Don’t you guys run tubes behind your boats? Tubers are barely a step above jet skiers on the lake. Every zig zag throws rollers all the way down the river.

I do, but I don't do turns if I'm within 500 yards of another boat and come to a stop if I feel I'm going to cut off or get in the way of any boat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

And, if you’re talking Lake Austin and rollers, complaining about the tubers there is like throwing a brick in the Grand Canyon relative to the surf boat action.  No one’s running 5000 lbs of ballast to haul a tube.

But, at least, most of the surf guys on that lake have some respect for others and get “it”.

Most.

Edited by Cajun

The jet ski crowd doesn’t irritate me because of wake.  They irritate me because they don’t give a shit about anything and have zero understanding of water etiquette, rules/laws.  

They are the loud, close-talkers of the water.  I’ve had them 10 feet off of my swim platform while anchored with kids swimming, and they’re at WOT.  Regularly.  In a gigantic, wide open lake.

The aquatic Wal-Mart people.  The “little man” of the lake.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

You should see the people that rent them. I would send people out daily when I worked at Lakeway Marina on Lake Travis. The best was them gunning out of the marina no wake zone and immediately get a ticket on busy weekends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

You should see the people that rent them. I would send people out daily when I worked at Lakeway Marina on Lake Travis. The best was them gunning out of the marina no wake zone and immediately get a ticket on busy weekends.

I do see them.

Probably 80% of the jet ski/sea doos on Canyon Lake at any given time are rentals.  You've nailed it there.  

I grew up carving up Medina Lake on my uncle's WetBikes.  Not rentals.  He drilled into us where and where not to go.  We were dumbass kids and were orders of magnitude less of a hazard and annoyance than the fucksticks who rent and ride them today.

GET OFF MY LAKE!!!!

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

I used to rent them out as well but not around here. The worst offenders were ems, cops and firemen. I always found that ironic

The owner didn’t care because he charged them a fuckton when they damaged them
  • Like 1