2023 DL Sydir Mitchell

Getafix

4 hours ago, BurgleBro said:

Ditch him and try to steal that 500 pounder on Florida

Look, man, if you’re looking for a 500 pound competitive food eater to join you in some contests in the future, no one here is against it. None of us want that dead man walking near the Texas football program though. At one point on Saturday, I thought he was going to have to be lifeflighted off the field for a water break. Florida needs a team of Jawas just to manage this guy. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I will never understand a player who’s ticked off about playing time refusing to go into a game. It’s so obvious that to do that is to completely immediately torpedo your future with the program. So stupid. 

Sydir realized that he'd have to run on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

Why do we believe there is a material amount of NIL flowing his way?  

Because I overtly said there was. 

It’s not the end of the world. Not everyone will work out. If Mitchell and Niblack not materializing is our biggest problem in a cycle, that is high cotton for NIL commitments. And no one needs to give up on either guy completely yet. Mitchell is still on the team for the moment and no one is down about Niblack being a roster/human problem or wanting to leave. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Look, man, if you’re looking for a 500 pound competitive food eater to join you in some contests in the future, no one here is against it. None of us want that dead man walking near the Texas football program though. At one point on Saturday, I thought he was going to have to be lifeflighted off the field for a water break. Florida needs a team of Jawas just to manage this guy. 

That albatross ain’t getting on my bird. Patient limit is 300-350 depending on crew weight. Better call Danny Glover and Ray Liotta for this one
  • Haha 1

I was definitely on the Mitchell "hope" train, but it's clear to me now that he's dealing with too many non-football related issues.

Aside from weight management, I obviously don't know what those issues are, but my assumption is that some people are better suited to be closer to home.

I'll root for the guy to get his shit together and have a chance to play somewhere in the NE (Rutgers, BC, UConn seem like good options), but for Texas it's time to cut ties and move on.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

i didn't recognize that was chip brown. 

He looks like my aging lesbian aunt who is still trying to be "cool" because she doesn't want to give up on the Montrose club scene but is also far too old to being staying out past 10:00.

Stop dying your hair. Stop dressing like Rivers Cuomo. It's time to accept where you're at and move on gracefully. 

• Haha 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Because I overtly said there was. 

It’s not the end of the world. Not everyone will work out. If Mitchell and Niblack not materializing is our biggest problem in a cycle, that is high cotton for NIL commitments. And no one needs to give up on either guy completely yet. Mitchell is still on the team for the moment and no one is down about Niblack being a roster/human problem or wanting to leave. 

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Because there is. Not gonna post his tax filing but it is/was substantial..let it play out

Thanks...Missed this somehow.  

11 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

He looks like my aging lesbian aunt who is still trying to be "cool" because she doesn't want to give up on the Montrose club scene but is also far too old to being staying out past 10:00.

Stop dying your hair. Stop dressing like Rivers Cuomo. It's time to accept where you're at and move on gracefully. 

I really want to see pics of your aunt.

😎

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

So what happens on the NIL front in situations like this? Does the collective pull any further funding past this season if Sark wants him out, and that immediately gets him to bail? 

I don't see how that would be good for Texas. That's terrible publicity, a la UNLV, waiting to happen. We don't need our rivals to have negative recruiting pitches handed to them on a silver platter.

If Sark wants him gone, Mitchell won't get any PT and will be encouraged to look around for a better fit.

Edited by MuellerHorn

20 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I don't see how that would be good for Texas. That's terrible publicity, a la UNLV, waiting to happen. We don't need our rivals to have negative recruiting pitches handed to them on a silver platter.

If Sark wants him gone, Mitchell won't get any PT and will be encouraged to look around for a better fit.

Well, he also wouldn't get most of his NIL renewed, that's a normal thing programs do. The weird thing is not holding up your end of the bargain midseason.

• Hook 'Em 1