Austin FC

Bottlecap

That was a heartless performance. Embarrassing. I can’t even find the energy to complain about the terrible officiating because it didn’t matter. We played like mopey pussies and deserved to lose. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Season ticket renewal emails out.  Mine increased 5% this year and 20% since 2022.  With season tickets renewing at a 90+% rate and a waitlist for days, they can continue to increase the price.  I'm again again for the 2025 season.

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Season ticket renewal emails out.  Mine increased 5% this year and 20% since 2022.  With season tickets renewing at a 90+% rate and a waitlist for days, they can continue to increase the price.  I'm again again for the 2025 season.

Me too.  We really love going to the games, we're all-in on the team, and it's something my wife and I really enjoy getting into together.

As for last night....reversion to the mean?  They finally played like the mediocre and tired team I've been expecting them to be for a coupla weeks (to be fair, they also played pretty shitty on Saturday in San Jose).

Gallagher being too hurt to play for two games in a row is concerning.  He's a workhorse, and he is a critical part of the team's personality.  I've never been the world's biggest Driussi fan - he had an exceptional season when nobody really knew how to defend him, but since then....he's good, but not a god.  And missing two PKs in a row, including last night's damn near whiff?  Not good.  Once he gets discouraged, he plays uninspired/tired.

Would have liked to have seen Rubio in earlier, he brings a real spark.  Would have liked it if Kolmanic got more minutes, his left leg is too good to only give it 10-15 mins a game.

Last night was meh.  And it was hot, so I drank a lot of water.  Which made me have to get up during the night to piss.  I hate that.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Once he gets discouraged, he plays uninspired/tired.

He literally gave up and moped after he missed a third sitter in the first half, and stood there feeling sorry for himself while Portland scored on the counter. That was fucking pathetic. My kids were livid with Wolff for pouting all game (I didn’t notice him so can’t confirm if their ire is justified).

Pereira had a very bad game but at least I didn’t feel like he wasn’t trying. He just was playing very poorly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was not expecting to win this game against one of the best teams with a single old ass DP, but I would have enjoyed somebody showing up to advance the ball past midfield without launching it straight to their defense and maybe even like, one or two shots on goal. But zero points is zero points.

I've only had time for the recap. Why was the goal rejected?

The ball was fed forward (ultimately being passed forward for the goal) after a broken up corner kick by RSL…during which, the ball hit Brendan’s arm in the box (determined by VAR after the fact). So, not just a handball, one resulting in a PK for RSL. Took our goal off the board, and gave them a PK for a goal.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, J-Mart said:

Where was Driussi?

When does the new guy start?

Hurt.  Till late June at least.

New guy is mid-July, from what I've seen.  Gotta get his visa and such.

We're in for a pretty rough stretch, I think.  If we depend THAT much on Driussi, who--and let's be honest here--hasn't been a superstar this season, not even close....then we were already in trouble.  Now that he's out, with a pretty piss-poor attack otherwise....no bueno.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks. Didn’t do my usual pregame prep, too distracted watching Texas baseball last night so missed Driussi injury news. When I finally watched later on Apple I noticed after a few minutes of sucky play by Austin FC that he was missing. 

spacer.png

I believe he's an outside back.  It will be nice in July when we get the new guys on the field.  Deciding who to start and who to sub is a much better situation than deciding who on the thin roster will fill a gap.

1 hour ago, J-Mart said:

New signing announced today- Danish defender Mikkel Desler. Most recently played for Toulouse FC in Ligue 2. 

Wikipedia says Toulouse has been in Ligue 1 for both the 22-23 and 23-24 seasons, after winning League 2 in 21-22. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Glad to see we're spending some money on the transfer window.

I emailed my rep today - cancelling my season tickets. Due largely to my wife hating soccer and the heat, I have yet to make a game this season. Gonna just buy the occasional club tickets since my wife does like drinking and air conditioning.

On 6/2/2024 at 11:39 AM, Brisketexan said:

Hurt.  Till late June at least.

New guy is mid-July, from what I've seen.  Gotta get his visa and such.

We're in for a pretty rough stretch, I think.  If we depend THAT much on Driussi, who--and let's be honest here--hasn't been a superstar this season, not even close....then we were already in trouble.  Now that he's out, with a pretty piss-poor attack otherwise....no bueno.

Players can’t be registered until the transfer window officially opens on July 18. So, the earliest either Bukari or Desler can play (assuming all the paperwork gets done) is the July 20 match be Charlotte. That’s the last match before Leagues Cup.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Players can’t be registered until the transfer window officially opens on July 18. So, the earliest either Bukari or Desler can play (assuming all the paperwork gets done) is the July 20 match be Charlotte. That’s the last match before Leagues Cup.

Yep, saw both of those dates when I dug into it further.  Sigh.  I mean....we need help now.  As I told my wife after Saturday's debacle, "fuck....do I need to suit up?  Because at this point, it's hard to see 'old and out of shape former FB with a bad knee' as a material downgrade."

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, saw both of those dates when I dug into it further.  Sigh.  I mean....we need help now.  As I told my wife after Saturday's debacle, "fuck....do I need to suit up?  Because at this point, it's hard to see 'old and out of shape former FB with a bad knee' as a material downgrade."

Totally. I think we have 7 more games before Charlotte. Lotta opportunity to drop points.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sigh…looks like it’s gonna be a deluge at Wednesday night’s match, if it even gets played.

My app only says 99% chance of rain.  I'm hoping the majority of the rain moves through earlier in the day.