Austin FC

Bottlecap

Well…we got fucking soaked (basic rain jackets are no match for getting poured on for two hours). First match in a tropical storm, I guess.
Shit possession. Stupid turnovers. Driussi looks like shit, and it’s time people accepted that. He made multiple boneheaded touches, waited on the ball, letting it get intercepted, and other stupid shit.
There’s not really a bright spot on this team. Obrian is fast, I guess. But he doesn’t have great touches.
Blechh.

This team is so boring to watch. A dud coach and no stars. EXCEPTIONALLY tough after watching Euros/Copa all week

I mean, other than the fact that they can’t distribute well, can’t maintain possession, can’t close on the few opportunities they get, have a keeper who periodically gets lackadaisical as fuck….other than that…yeah, they don’t really have anything other than that.
It’s really hard to watch this team. As my wife just said “I like my team…but they just aren’t good.”
Oh well, at least we have the USMNT…right?
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

What's the story on moussa djitte leaving?

His contract was up at the end of the season.  His loan was up now so he'd be coming back.  I suspect Borrell didn't want to fill up that last international spot with Djitte - hopefully keeping it open for a DP level striker (one can dream).

Not a strong showing, but the Sounder keeper had two ridiculous left hand saves to keep headers from Driussi and Fodrey out.  Hines Ike got beat twice by Morris and got two yellows to show for it. Pareira didn't look ready for action after the Copa break. 

Sucks to give away 3 at home to a team we are trying to pass on the playoff hunt. 

Hines is not a smart defender. One Seattle chance he ran back head down past the other 2 defenders to keep Seattle on side. Just dumb. First yellow was because he had a bone headed giveaway. Bleh. The team looks uninterested and uninspired. 

Driussi looks like he is point shaving tonight.  

Can we all finally agree that Driussi is not just an asset, but a liability this year? Horrible passes. Lot of quit in him. Missed PKs. And ZERO leadership on the field. We don’t have a captain on the pitch.
STUVER

or not lol

FFS. And then Julio with the stupid red (although Dallas player was faking completely when he went down).

Wait…it gets even better…Driussi fucked up and got the red. Jesus, he’s terrible right now.

On Southwest side of field, Byrne was just absolutely manhandling Obrien all half.  Not in an illegal way. Dude just sonned Obrien all half.  

I like what we have coming off the bench. 4-2 Austin.  Who am I kidding.  2-1 Charlotte on a 92’ minute Hines-Ike own goal.  

Posted (edited)

Last night I stayed home to watch the WNBA All-Star game and it was so much better. Some observations as a season ticket holder:

1) This team sucks. Not just the record, but the way the team plays is boring and chickenshit It wasn't boring for the first half of the second season. That's literally the only extended stretch where this franchise has been fun to root for. Even when they win, it's boring with very few exceptions. 
2) When I watch the team play, I feel back for the players. Brad Stuver in particular makes me sad. I didn't like that they let Diego Fagundez go, but at least he gets to play for a good team. 
3) I can't sell my tickets, even when I try to sell them at rock bottom prices. When I invite business associates or family or friends to the games, they turn me down. 
4) My older daughter loves going to games. She hates sports, but she likes branding and events. She says AustinFC is more of a merch brand and vibes event with its own soccer team. 
5) I watched last night's game today. Not sure why I did, it was just more of the same. 

I really want this franchise to be great. I have renewed my seats. Not sure I feel good about it. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Last night I stayed home to watch the WNBA All-Star game and it was so much better. Some observations as a season ticket holder:

1) This team sucks. Not just the record, but the way the team plays is boring and chickenshit It wasn't boring for the first half of the second season. That's literally the only extended stretch where this franchise has been fun to root for. Even when they win, it's boring with very few exceptions. 
2) When I watch the team play, I feel back for the players. Brad Stuver in particular makes me sad. I didn't like that they let Diego Fagundez go, but at least he gets to play for a good team. 
3) I can't sell my tickets, even when I try to sell them at rock bottom prices. When I invite business associates or family or friends to the games, they turn me down. 
4) My older daughter loves going to games. She hates sports, but she likes branding and events. She says AustinFC is more of a merch brand and vibes event with its own soccer team. 
5) I watched last night's game today. Not sure why I did, it was just more of the same. 
I really want this franchise to be great. I have renewed my seats. Not sure I feel good about it. 

Huh. I never have a hard time moving seats. I sell for the $40-50 range, and they go. And we also almost always get takers when we offer to take friends with us.

That said, the “kill every attack/breakaway with backwards passes” approach is maddening, I agree.

I am excited by some of the new talent, and Gallagher and Kolmanic added a bell of a spark when they got on the pitch together last night. More of that, please.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I am excited by some of the new talent, and Gallagher and Kolmanic added a bell of a spark when they got on the pitch together last night. More of that, please.

Agreed with that, but I am convinced that the most important change they could make is the coach. It's OK to struggle. It's not OK to be boring. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And we also almost always get takers when we offer to take friends with us.

As you know, I'm unpleasant to be around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1