Austin FC

Bottlecap

That teen Wolfe yellow was definitely a “I’m so tired and I don’t mind kicking the shit out of this guy moment”. 

not one of Wolfes best coaching jobs. Just seems ok to not manage the game and see if we can hang on. 

Top 4 win for club behind the two playoff wins and the LAFC beat down imo. Just given the circumstances of two shorthand goals, the PK save, and Pumas is no joke. .  

Yeah, one of the best matches we’ve seen. In terms of heart and result, at least.
Wolff’s management of players on yellows is…non-existent. And I sweatergawd, every time I see teen Wolff come on, I get ragey. He’s so hesitant with the ball, and to shoot.
Man of the match was RING. His goal was a veteran’s vision and experience at work. As was his cross to Driussi. And most importantly, what wasn’t as apparent, was him holding them together as captain with 10 men and it getting VERY chippy on the pitch. That was huge. And you know what else it did? It freed Driussi up to PLAY. He played well. Ring should keep the armband. It’s best for the team, and best for Driussi, if he’s mature enough to accept that truth.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 8/4/2024 at 12:02 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

I just got an email from Austin FC that we're playing the first round of the knockout stage at LAFC. Why are we playing on the road if we won our group and LA came in 2nd in theirs?

Because the dumb seeding system is based completely on 2023 results. The only way we get a home match is if we play LA Galaxy (who were worse than us last year but ahead of us this year) or one of the Mexican clubs.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, skittlebrau said:

Because the dumb seeding system is based completely on 2023 results. The only way we get a home match is if we play LA Galaxy (who were worse than us last year but ahead of us this year) or one of the Mexican clubs.

Thanks for the answer. That is completely asinine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

That first 15 minutes was a beating to watch.  In addition to giving up a penalty kick in the first couple minutes, Austin handed the ball to Nashville in our initial six or seven possessions.  They calmed it down and played ball after that.  Surprised to see Gally with the start on the wing, but he stepped up and played really well.  Stu was money yet again and, outside of the BHI penalty, the defense was solid. Good to get a win on the first game back in weeks, against a team that we've never beat.  Looking forward to see if the team can keep up this form in the last 3rd of the season against better competition.  Verde!

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll at Saturday's game, after attending the game at DKR.

Including this weekend, each of AFC's last 4 home games are on the same day as a home UT game. Should also be able to make both on 9/28 (3pm UT kick), but still not ideal. First world problem having season tix to both but I don't remember so many conflicts last year.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:48 PM, LonghornSean said:

I'll at Saturday's game, after attending the game at DKR.

Including this weekend, each of AFC's last 4 home games are on the same day as a home UT game. Should also be able to make both on 9/28 (3pm UT kick), but still not ideal. First world problem having season tix to both but I don't remember so many conflicts last year.

Yeah... I saw this when the schedules came out.  It's ridiculous.  I get the leagues don't coordinate on anything, but can't McConaughey make a call or two?   The season finale is same night as UGa and Formula 1 Saturday night concert.  Just dumb.  

And WTF with that starting lineup on Saturday?  Let's take our most talented player with the ball and put him in a position where he won't ever touch it given you've taken him out of the attacking midfield and he's the only player that could serve it up to himself.  That was ridiculous.  Perhaps they are experimenting how to optimize Bukari, but that wasn't it.