Austin FC

Bottlecap

Am I crazy or were we best this year with Obrien and Rubio up top with Obrien flying up flank and Rubio shithousing?

I get they are career MLS JAGs, but felt like season turned around a bit when those guys entered starting lineup and we benched Zardes and Finlay    

Then we went away from it and started playing weird lineups like the one tonight with Driussi at the 9 (I guess?) and no one to serve it to him, and Pereira on the bench.  

Bakari seems mid.    

Bukari is going to be good once we have the right coach and a real number 9.  There were several times that Bukari was in the striker position with his back to the goal, received the a ball, and passed back out to Ring.  He should not be in that situation over and over.  Our $7 million man does not need to be giving fucking Ring the ball to finish the play.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Was Biro intentionally moved to center forward or did he just decide to take it over the last 5 minutes? He did more work there than anyone and almost won it for us.

They were playing a 5 back set on defense.  Early in the game, Gally was on the wing between Biro and Obrian and then both Gally and Biro dropped back on defense (Cascante, Hines-Ike, and Desler were also defending).

Biro's work rate is top on the team in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

They were playing a 5 back set on defense.  Early in the game, Gally was on the wing between Biro and Obrian and then both Gally and Biro dropped back on defense (Cascante, Hines-Ike, and Desler were also defending).

Biro's work rate is top on the team in my opinion.

Same. That dude is a real find. There’s been at least one other game where he just decided to join the attack.

Well…shockingly, it took until the second to last game to be eliminated from playoff contention.
There’s so much about this team to…not like. Shitty cohesion, lousy attitudes, terrible coaching and, and fundamentally, just an inability to close and put the ball in the net. Looked a lot like season 1, except with shitty attitudes. Several players who I like showed real frustration and anger (more than typical), like Ring and Gallagher (who I think is future captain material).
Driussi - turned from an MVP candidate to an anchor. Put up Rigoni-like numbers, was a terrible captain, and is checked out. Last nights goal was pretty, though, so there you are.
Watching a jumbled attack where nobody seems to know how and when to make a run is maddening.
Will a new manager help? Maybe. But at this point, every day under Wolff hurts, because he’s lost the team.
Sigh.

I’ll do it. I can earn a couple mil and end up in the bottom half of the division too

Shit, you could probably beat his performance by 2-3 spots just by periodically reminding the team “you know…the object of the game is to put the ball in the opposing goal.”

Good first step but they need to hire someone worth a shit. 

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Time to get Klopp.

That would be nuts but also a massive step down for Jurgen.

What wouldn't be a step down - and he's already managed in every other fucking league on the planet.

download(25).jpeg.39aab09fa1823bdc02900bce85a4434d.jpeg

What a day. Headed to the presser tomorrow afternoon to get the full scoop. Check out Moontower Soccer Tuesday for that and our interview with Adrian Healey, which obviously now dated by the fact that the club had the courage to do a thing he was afraid they wouldn't do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, you could probably beat his performance by 2-3 spots just by periodically reminding the team “you know…the object of the game is to put the ball in the opposing goal.”

Aim For The Big, White Rectangle. 

I'd have white rectangles everywhere - the end of parking spaces, around doorknobs, at the front of the coaching room where the coach stands, urinals, . . . 

13 hours ago, skittlebrau said:

NGL, Rodo kinda scares me. But he is super open and gave us an hour to ask questions.

Did you ask any questions?  I didn't hear you.

Just listened to the end and heard your question (you could also claim all of the Spanish questions because I just skipped through those).  I'm glad you didn't ask anything stupid and make Rodo mad at you.

Edited by Jerry Callo

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

I had the one about what Rodo was expecting from the players in the final match given they have an interim coach and nothing to really play for. It was almost at the end.

5 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Just listened to the end and heard your question (you could also claim all of the Spanish questions because I just skipped through those).  I'm glad you didn't ask anything stupid and make Rodo mad at you.

Was sitting right behind Goodman and caught the stray death stare when the Owen question came up.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to the final game of the season on Saturday? 

Its an 8:00 pm start and I confirmed with my membership contact person that they will be playing the Texas v. Georgia game in the SciPlay Sports Bar which, I believe, opens 3 hours before the Austin FC kickoff.  We are taking some friends to the soccer match, so we're planning on coming early to watch Texas.

It will likely be the last time several of the players wear the Verde and Black - probably some who have been here since the beginning.