Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

My first game at Kyle Field.  It was awfully damned quiet( for once) after this play.  Harrell didn't make my Top5, but this would be a reason he was considered. It was fucking great walking out of there like it was a funeral.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

My first game at Kyle Field.  It was awfully damned quiet( for once) after this play.  Harrell didn't make my Top5, but this would be a reason he was considered. It was fucking great walking out of there like it was a funeral.

Do you have the Dave South call? Please. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Just mute it once the ball is in the air and leave it muted for the rest of the video and it's probably the same experience. 

Yes. 30 seconds of silence followed by “tech scores” with no context 😂

• Hook 'Em 1

Let's see, we also won the last volleyball match and the last women's basketball game against Tech.

But they won the last soccer game. So, they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

That leaves the softball series May 3-5 in Lubbock as the last of the team sports between the two schools.

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Let's see, we also won the last volleyball match and the last women's basketball game against Tech.

But they won the last soccer game. So, they've got that going for them. Which is nice.

That leaves the softball series May 3-5 in Lubbock as the last of the team sports between the two schools.

Are we not counting the Big 12 tournament in soccer that happened later?  We beat Tech in that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Does outdoor T&F count too? Tennis?  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 12:44 PM, Guest said:

My favorites all time:

Tyrone Thurman

Tracy Saul( yes really.  Same age as I am and loved how a kid from Idalou kicked so much ass)

Zach Thomas

Wes Welker

Michael Crabtree

Never saw him play in person, but EJ Holub IS MR Red Raider to me.

Fuck Tracy Saul, more because of what he did to my high school team than what he did at Tech.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:18 PM, Steel Shank said:

You a Cub?

Yep.

• Hook 'Em 1

After the Wes Welker game an Aggie posted a long well written narrative about his entire day. His description of the pregame hype, the atmosphere, the crowd, the heat, the joy of Aggie having a big lead, the fear of a Tech comeback, the punt return, missing an OT extra point, Tech making their extra point, the abject depression and silence, the third degree sunburn with no thrill of victory to show for it. 

I'd love to read it again.

On 7/4/2024 at 10:40 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Oh.my.god. This is fucking weak. Tell me this isnt real

Why does everyone have to have a logo now? And it's always the same cheap idea, oh look it's my initials but connected somehow in a weird font.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why does everyone have to have a logo now? And it's always the same cheap idea, oh look it's my initials but connected somehow in a weird font.

Branding, my dude.

Originally, trademarks were the symbol of the goodwill and reputation of the owner.  Nowadays, it seems the branding, the trademark is an attempt to build the goodwill and reputation rather than symbolize it.

But wtf is that wu tang shit on the right?

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Branding, my dude.

Originally, trademarks were the symbol of the goodwill and reputation of the owner.  Nowadays, it seems the branding, the trademark is an attempt to build the goodwill and reputation rather than symbolize it.

But wtf is that wu tang shit on the right?

It's Patrick Mahomes' logo. Like I said, an unoriginal idea of his initials connected in a weird font. So many athletes do it. I think it started with Tiger.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/news/local/2024/09/01/abilene-christian-university-football-bus-crashes-after-texas-tech-game/75039356007/

1 person in custody after crashing into ACU bus, injuring 4 in Lubbock after Texas Tech game

Portrait of Mateo RosilesMateo Rosiles
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

0:14
/
0:14

One person is in custody and charged with a DWI after crashing into the Abilene Chrisitan University football team bus and injuring four people on Saturday night.

According to Lubbock police, at 11:33 p.m., officers were helping direct traffic at the Marsha Sharp Freeway and University Avenue intersection as the ACU team's bus was leaving Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock after playing against Texas Tech.

That is when a vehicle driven by 19-year-old Parker Young, traveling South on University, disregarded traffic direction and collided with the bus. This forced the bus into another vehicle in the left turn lane, attempting to head North.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Hudson didn’t record a single catch in this game despite all of the preseason hype from coaches. It would be really sad to see their highest rated recruit of all time transfer. 

I know he didn’t record a catch, but do we know if he had any targets or saw the field?