Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

So good... tech loses "The Pirate Bowl"

Mike Leach was recognized on Saturday night as 2 of his former teams face off in a west coast showdown.  

Washington State and Texas Tech both wore pirate-themed helmet stickers for their Week 2 matchup in Pullman. Leach was often referred to as “The Pirate” during his coaching career.

Screenshot_2024-09-08-12-27-08_kindlephoto-507947.png.2adf557b741c532f1c63c489438552c7.png

Edited by LTtxfan

21 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I'm assuming that Hudson. If so, fucking LOL. 

When does the portal open?

Hudson can fuck off in the same manner that Evan Stewart can fuck off.  It only takes a pair of eyes to see what Sark is doing in Austin and if you willingly choose not to be part of it then just enjoy playing your college career elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Tech doesn't deserve to celebrate Leach or have any posthumous association with him. They fired him under a false pretense, refused to pay him as agreed, then hid behind sovereign immunity and delaying tactics until he DIED.

I don't blame Tech fans because most I know weren't on board with Hance & Co.'s actions. That said, super glad Wazzu won that game and, in the process, absolutely humiliated the program. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

Hudson can fuck off in the same manner that Evan Stewart can fuck off.  It only takes a pair of eyes to see what Sark is doing in Austin and if you willingly choose not to be part of it then just enjoy playing your college career elsewhere.

Not only was he too dumb to see that Texas was clearly the better option, but he also tried to string us along and fuck with our other recruiting efforts. 

Fuck that kid. With a rusty rake. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Not only was he too dumb to see that Texas was clearly the better option, but he also tried to string us along and fuck with our other recruiting efforts. 

Put me in the category of enjoying that Hudson is living with the consequences of his actions.  But given that he's hardly getting any PT, I'm genuinely curious if he was significantly overrated or McGuire is bringing back Mack Brown's "can't trust freshman" or "make them earn it" policy to the year 2024.  You have FR WR's making plays all over the country through 2 games.  I refuse to believe Tech is THAT talented at WR.  

38 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Put me in the category of enjoying that Hudson is living with the consequences of his actions.  But given that he's hardly getting any PT, I'm genuinely curious if he was significantly overrated or McGuire is bringing back Mack Brown's "can't trust freshman" or "make them earn it" policy to the year 2024.  You have FR WR's making plays all over the country through 2 games.  I refuse to believe Tech is THAT talented at WR.  

I think McGuire would start Hudson if he thought Hudson would win them games.

This is pure speculation on my part, but my bet is that he came in unprepared and assumed he wouldn't have to work hard to get the starting spot. Waltzing into Tech as a 5-star, hey may have thought that he would be the best player on the roster just by showing up. Doesn't matter how talented you are, if you don't learn the playbook or route tree, the QB is going to have a hard time getting you the ball. 18 years old is still young and the game moves pretty fast for freshmen. The FR WR that are making plays are usually early enrollees who busted their asses over the summer / fall camp.

21 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Quoted just to see TSRH again, and I can't rec twice.

21 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Can someone give a rundown of what happened for those of us who don't follow the ins and outs of recruiting?

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

Can someone give a rundown of what happened for those of us who don't follow the ins and outs of recruiting?

Gerry put in a crystal ball for Hudson to Tech while he was still being recruited by Texas as well, with 100% confidence. He almost never does that, because it ruins the kid's fun / surprise of announcing where he's going. It would normally be considered a dick move and would limit Gerry's access to other recruits. So why did Gerry do it?

On several podcasts and video updates with Bobby, he indicated that Hudson was not acting in good faith. This was never expressly stated (as far as I know), but basically Hudson knew he was going to Tech but was still telling Texas that he was undecided. Normally that's not a big deal and Gerry should let the kids enjoy the process. But Hudson took it a step farther and was negative recruiting Texas to other kids while attending Texas events. Texas is hosting this kid, taking him to fun events, feeding him and his family, and all the while the kid is lying to the staff and trying to undermine Texas' recruiting efforts. 

That's what put Gerry over the edge. Maybe he shouldn't have spoiled the kids recruiting process, but I'm glad he did. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

Gerry put in a crystal ball for Hudson to Tech while he was still being recruited by Texas as well, with 100% confidence. He almost never does that, because it ruins the kid's fun / surprise of announcing where he's going. It would normally be considered a dick move and would limit Gerry's access to other recruits. So why did Gerry do it?

On several podcasts and video updates with Bobby, he indicated that Hudson was not acting in good faith. This was never expressly stated (as far as I know), but basically Hudson knew he was going to Tech but was still telling Texas that he was undecided. Normally that's not a big deal and Gerry should let the kids enjoy the process. But Hudson took it a step farther and was negative recruiting Texas to other kids while attending Texas events. Texas is hosting this kid, taking him to fun events, feeding him and his family, and all the while the kid is lying to the staff and trying to undermine Texas' recruiting efforts. 

That's what put Gerry over the edge. Maybe he shouldn't have spoiled the kids recruiting process, but I'm glad he did. 

Thanks for the recap.

Yeah, fuck him. Gerry did the right thing. What a dick.

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

I think McGuire would start Hudson if he thought Hudson would win them games.

This is pure speculation on my part, but my bet is that he came in unprepared and assumed he wouldn't have to work hard to get the starting spot. Waltzing into Tech as a 5-star, hey may have thought that he would be the best player on the roster just by showing up. Doesn't matter how talented you are, if you don't learn the playbook or route tree, the QB is going to have a hard time getting you the ball. 18 years old is still young and the game moves pretty fast for freshmen. The FR WR that are making plays are usually early enrollees who busted their asses over the summer / fall camp.

Same. McGuire's not currently playing him because he currently isn't a better option.  I haven't seen or read anything to say Hudson hasn't been dialed in or prepared, based on the info we have it seems like more of a physical issue. Hudson missed all of spring after getting his knee scoped from an issue from high school. He was supposed to be cleared July 1st but that didn't happen. It happened late July just before fall practice started. So kid missed all spring and summer and knee didn't heal as was expected.  I think he's just behind physically right now.

Hudson, should he enter the portal, is very unlikely to be pursued by Texas. Reasons have already been accurately stated as to why.

In addition to those reasons, Texas does not like to take potential in the portal when they have their pick of those with actual production at WR. Potential doesn’t pay the rent and no position offers more riches in the portal than WR.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hudson, should he enter the portal, is very unlikely to be pursued by Texas. Reasons have already been accurately stated as to why.

In addition to those reasons, Texas does not like to take potential in the portal when they have their pick of those with actual production at WR. Potential doesn’t pay the rent and no position offers more riches in the portal than WR.  

Oh please, he's probably ending up at OU and we all know it. 

Fuck that guy, our 2025 WR haul + current WRs on campus >>>> Hudson

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Same. McGuire's not currently playing him because he currently isn't a better option.  I haven't seen or read anything to say Hudson hasn't been dialed in or prepared, based on the info we have it seems like more of a physical issue. Hudson missed all of spring after getting his knee scoped from an issue from high school. He was supposed to be cleared July 1st but that didn't happen. It happened late July just before fall practice started. So kid missed all spring and summer and knee didn't heal as was expected.  I think he's just behind physically right now.

McGuire doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt in terms of making good coaching decisions. He’s a fucking Neanderthal that is only good at talking himself up to donors and the press. If Hudson transfers because he couldn’t figure out how to utilize him, that’s just another data point for the man’s incompetence.