LBGTQ

Mo Horn

10 minutes ago, troph said:

So why can't you just leave us the FUCK ALONE.

Well....it's because -- and this is VERY important, it's really the key to all the shit we're dealing with as a society -- these people are giant fucking assholes.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

Is it just me, or was anyone else flabbergasted to read he worked at Baylor?

Just not the type of thing you'd expect from such a well-regarded, ethically minded institution like Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Is it just me, or was anyone else flabbergasted to read he worked at Baylor?

Just not the type of thing you'd expect from such a well-regarded, ethically minded institution like Baylor.

Baylor University and Baylor College of Medicine are unrelated entities.

• Hook 'Em 3

I hope the DOJ drops a courtesy copy of that indictment on Bonevac and Hatfield to let them know that there may be some legit FAFO consequences to digging into the confidential medical records of their students.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, royiv said:

Baylor University and Baylor College of Medicine are unrelated entities.

Don't rain on my parade... if they wanna call themselves Baylor they gotta deal with the consequences.

Just as I assume anyone named Hitler is an asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

Fair point, but BCOM and its affiliated hospitals are almost polar opposite of Baylor University.  Very pro-science, pro-alternative care, lots of community wellness engagement, flexible payment options, free clinics, research, women's care, etc.  Obviously being partners with the Catholic Health System, they're not exactly 'progressive' System, but they're not in the stone age either.   Baylor University's pre-med/bio-chem program consists mainly of learning how to intentionally spoil rape kits and that the need for abortion is simply a demonic idea planted into the woman's cerebral cortex due to caffeine and dancing.  

My rant aside, I'm sure Ken Paxton and Dan Patrick are concocting a "legal" plan to force BCOM to reveal all patient records for the last 10 years for a "professional ethics audit" of the health care providers.  

About 5 years ago, I went with my wife for our final checkup before delivery of the 2nd munchkin.  And her OB/GYN whom I've gotten to know over the years, helluva nice guy.  Very conservative, church-goer, rich southern white guy, but we get to talking (we've spoken socially at fundraisers so he opens up to me about shit and vice-versa).  And he's telling me he's got his value set and beliefs, but that God gave him a skill set and a bedside manner to make sure everybody regardless of gender has agency over their body and their health choices.  (this is me speaking in his voice at the time, so past tense). "I dunno, I've got a bad feeling from some what I'm reading and hearing from colleagues, Texas is gonna start enticing doctors like me to start turning over patient records or compel them in other ways.  I thought he was being as paranoid as I was.  Turns out he was a half decade ahead of his time.  Once again, our prize mistake---a lack of imagination.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

It’s Pride night at Disneyland. We’ve seen gay dads and their kids. We’ve seen lesbian moms and their kids. Everyone doing the same thing - fighting the fucking crowd and making sure your kids have the best time a the happiest place on earth.

Also - the guys in the Disney Bear shirts are awesome.

• Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, troph said:

He should lose his medical license permanently. 

I’m pretty sure with a conviction for a healthcare related felony that is exactly what will happen 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Particularly since it was pre-meditated, not just not some spur of the moment records release made out of frustration or exhaustion.  Plus it appears personally and politically motivated.  And quite possibly have come with enticements made by others to 'reward' the doctor for being the 'first through the wall' with such actions to set precedence in alignment with certain powerful people's goals and ambitions.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I’m pretty sure with a conviction for a healthcare related felony that is exactly what will happen 

He is a physician in Texas.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jc60e0jhje090lnprn

9 hours ago, troph said:

Fucking infuriating. There is no reason to destroy her life. Absolutely none.

Reactionary: I just want to protect these innocent children who are victims themselves of woke ideology.

[Sees an actual trans kid.]

Reactionary: Kill it!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Reactionary: I just want to protect these innocent children who are victims themselves of woke ideology.

[Sees an actual trans kid.]

Reactionary: Kill it!

[sees a kid, no issue]

[hears a rumor]

[launches an investigation requiring genital inspection]

[ignores the entire community that says it's not a big deal]

reaction: kill it.

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Our governor pardons felons if the crime fits his agenda.

Posted (edited)

parents need to leave these states if their children are of the age where real medical treatment is needed. GTFO your kids are in harms way. just leave. I get it, life, roots, jobs, etc. but cut the cord, move on, rebuild. it will be the best thing you ever did for them.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Our governor pardons felons if the crime fits his agenda.

Even if he did, The TMB would not reinstate him. I guess he could fire the board, but even so that guy will never be able to bill a government or private payor again. I guess he could set up a med spa or something for cash. Yeah injecting women with testosterone would be the perfect outcome for him

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Even if he did, The TMB would not reinstate him. I guess he could fire the board, but even so that guy will never be able to bill a government or private payor again. I guess he could set up a med spa or something for cash. Yeah injecting women with testosterone would be the perfect outcome for him

I was being intentionally hyperbolic, but I wouldn’t be surprised by anything in today’s Texas.

On 6/18/2024 at 10:40 AM, troph said:

you can think that a person assigned male at birth who wants to go through a gauntlet of treatment and social changes simply in order to feel alright and live a congruent inner and outer life as a woman is the strangest fucking thing you've ever heard of, it just doesn't matter.

Folks who receive gender affirming care are far less likely to regret the decision than folks who sought elective plastic surgery operations and also far less likely to regret the decision than folks who made major, non surgical, life decisions, such as having a child.

Tough to argue you love trans neighbors as you are commanded to do when you oppose gender affirming care. I believe the right to pursue happiness comes into this discussion.. False Christians and fake patriots can fuck off.

https://www.americanjournalofsurgery.com/article/S0002-9610(24)00238-1/abstract#:~:text=Regret after gender affirming surgery is less than 1 %.

• Hook 'Em 3

Y'all remember how the GQP and their media mouthpieces moved seamlessly on from focusing solely on attacking Blacks after the election to also including LGBTQ+ folks in their crosshairs?

• A 9-percent point drop among Republicans in support of same-sex marriage in the last two years.
  • A 16-point drop in viewing same-sex relationships as "moral" in the last two years.

image.thumb.png.76958942e5c48b1e9aa30e52e5e09398.png

image.thumb.png.cae42f5ef5eb0635ad2c997d1e369463.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/646202/sex-relations-marriage-supported.aspx

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

this concurring opinion from two justices of the texas supreme court on the transgender health care ban is something...

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1458814/230697c1.pdf

This is ridiculous.

The heart of the dispute is moral and political, not scientific and medical. Doctors have no special expertise in answering moral and political questions.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, troph said:

Same. Gross. Cis-splaining of the worst kind. 

Not every time a straight male says something means it’s “cis-plaining.”   Most of the time we’re just being condescending.  

What this ruling opinion is is much, much  darker.  It reads like the 1935 Nuremberg laws for civic purity brought forth to the Reich by Dr. Stuckart.  The camps and sterilizations and evacuations didn’t begin for another 7 years.  He drafted laws for the Reich that read eerily similar to this one.  They didn’t open up Auschwitz at the outset.  They implemented these laws of classification like Texas is.  And they started with the people inside their own borders.  Elderly, disabled, gay, trans, Romani, and fatherland born Jews.  They were the first.  Once you legally codify hatred among your own, conquering and extermination “different” people in other lands is a fucking breeze.  

we’ve done this a thousand times and haven’t learned a fucking thing.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Not every time a straight male says something means it’s “cis-plaining.”   Most of the time we’re just being condescending.  

What this ruling opinion is is much, much  darker.  It reads like the 1935 Nuremberg laws for civic purity brought forth to the Reich by Dr. Stuckart.  The camps and sterilizations and evacuations didn’t begin for another 7 years.  He drafted laws for the Reich that read eerily similar to this one.  They didn’t open up Auschwitz at the outset.  They implemented these laws of classification like Texas is.  And they started with the people inside their own borders.  Elderly, disabled, gay, trans, Romani, and fatherland born Jews.  They were the first.  Once you legally codify hatred among your own, conquering and extermination “different” people in other lands is a fucking breeze.  

we’ve done this a thousand times and haven’t learned a fucking thing.  

It’s classic cis-splaining to a trans person when a cisgender person says an 11 year old they’ve never met is confused when that kid says they are trans over and over and has a medical diagnosis of the same. I didn’t read the concurring opinion it’s too much, but the second sentence yeah it’s cis-splaining. 

but yes this is early days before extermination. And yes LGBTQ folk were exterminated in Germany. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You certainly can identify cis-plaining far better than I can.  I wasn't trying to discount that fact, merely to point out the parallels between this and German Purity Laws and 100 other instances like it, are eerily familiar.  

They never open with, "Let's get the immigrants in that country over there.  And get the gays in that place over there.  And then we'll go for that religious minority across the sea."  That's how they drum up support and get into power.  But the playbook remains the same.  Once you get your own people to turn on one another, going after foreign conquest is a breeze.  

There are a mind-bottling number of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ+ populations, and women voting for Abbott and Patrick and Paxton and Trump.  And people will weep in the streets for their suffering, exclusion, condemnation, and compression of rights.  And I will not be at the ramp to say "I told you so"...I will be at the depot to smile and simply ask in Anton's voice, "If the rule you followed led you to this, of what use was the rule?"  Some of these people's political decisions are going to get their loved ones in some serious shit and spend their waining moments in utter and total regret.  It's in that last moment, when a person looks back on the folly of their ways and wishes they had to do it all over again.  But they can't.  And regret reaches from inside their soul and tattoos itself all across their face.  When these "leaders" finally out-do one another in the game of intolerable cruelty and there is nobody left to marginalize and vilify.  What do we suppose will happen then?   

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

I had to stop after the second sentence.

3 hours ago, troph said:

Same. Gross. Cis-splaining of the worst kind. 

Spongebob Texas GIF

This state’s officials are doing everything they can to drag Texas backwards in time.  Meanwhile, “shithole” countries like Thailand are moving forward.

• Rage+1 1

On 6/28/2024 at 6:50 PM, YGIFS said:

You certainly can identify cis-plaining far better than I can.  I wasn't trying to discount that fact, merely to point out the parallels between this and German Purity Laws and 100 other instances like it, are eerily familiar.  

They never open with, "Let's get the immigrants in that country over there.  And get the gays in that place over there.  And then we'll go for that religious minority across the sea."  That's how they drum up support and get into power.  But the playbook remains the same.  Once you get your own people to turn on one another, going after foreign conquest is a breeze.  

There are a mind-bottling number of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ+ populations, and women voting for Abbott and Patrick and Paxton and Trump.  And people will weep in the streets for their suffering, exclusion, condemnation, and compression of rights.  And I will not be at the ramp to say "I told you so"...I will be at the depot to smile and simply ask in Anton's voice, "If the rule you followed led you to this, of what use was the rule?"  Some of these people's political decisions are going to get their loved ones in some serious shit and spend their waining moments in utter and total regret.  It's in that last moment, when a person looks back on the folly of their ways and wishes they had to do it all over again.  But they can't.  And regret reaches from inside their soul and tattoos itself all across their face.  When these "leaders" finally out-do one another in the game of intolerable cruelty and there is nobody left to marginalize and vilify.  What do we suppose will happen then?   

You are correct. And I don’t usually get hung up on those with no experience telling those with experience how it goes but when a Supreme Court opinion starts like that it pretty much produces a vomit response. These stupid fucking people … 

image.thumb.png.ac3d1a45810e69a6bf3d7fb99acc5e38.png

don’t know one goddamned thing about what it’s like to be 11 years old and trans. 

they say those who never know their own ignorance are the truly ignorant. Well, we’re looking at them. 

ignorant white cisgender christian fascists.

Edited by troph

On 6/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, troph said:

It’s classic cis-splaining to a trans person when a cisgender person says an 11 year old they’ve never met is confused when that kid says they are trans over and over and has a medical diagnosis of the same. I didn’t read the concurring opinion it’s too much, but the second sentence yeah it’s cis-splaining. 

but yes this is early days before extermination. And yes LGBTQ folk were exterminated in Germany. 

This is all amazing. Thanks for sharing. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is all amazing. Thanks for sharing. 

Why the fuck are you here? This doesn’t concern you in one fucking way. Your team has won and women, families, grown ass adults and kids are terrified.  Congrats to you Anastasis, living the High Life, you man of God. 

200.gif

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Why the fuck are you here? This doesn’t concern you in one fucking way. Your team has won and women, families, grown ass adults and kids are terrified.  Congrats to you Anastasis, living the High Life, you man of God. 

200.gif

I thought that maybe I would find on this thread some reality based dive into the findings of the final cass report or any of the recent reporting on inappropriate political influence wrt wpath. It’s honestly kinda strange that given the developments over the past few months these topics haven’t even been scratched on this thread. But carry on I guess with world salad rants about cis splaining and 11 year olds. Kinda cringe my friend. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I thought that maybe I would find on this thread some reality based dive into the findings of the final cass report or any of the recent reporting on inappropriate political influence wrt wpath. It’s honestly kinda strange that given the developments over the past few months these topics haven’t even been scratched on this thread. But carry on I guess with world salad rants about cis splaining and 11 year olds. Kinda cringe my friend. 

What part of your concern trolling isn’t wanted here do you NOT UNDERSTAND? 

Edited by troph