Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

What is the consensus about Aggie recruiting so far? It looks like Elko is doing pretty well. I looked at 247 (that's not an endorsement. IDK what you think of it.), to get an idea of where they stand:

image.png.75b6c804997f926a4502ff11dfb499b8.png

I've heard doubts raised about some of these guys, but what do y'all think overall?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What is the consensus about Aggie recruiting so far? It looks like Elko is doing pretty well. I looked at 247 (that's not an endorsement. IDK what you think of it.), to get an idea of where they stand:

I've heard doubts raised about some of these guys, but what do y'all think overall?

They generally have quality classes, but they are not going to be getting elite talent. From who they have in the class so far, it would be the tier 2 or even tier 3 on our boards. I have no idea how their QB is considered a 5 star. His mechanics are sloppy, he doesn't have a great arm, but he has a bit of gamesmanship and sees the field pretty well. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think Fasusi and Haywood are the only elite guys they are in on beyond what they have committed. They will get decent guys, some that we would want in our class. But I don't see them making a push for a top 5 class. Somewhere around #10 seems about right.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Look out, aggy ranking up there with Purdue. Good thing they can party better than Baylor:

447499429_848567807318453_1965688175805785786_n.jpg.4342b29e922d202df35c086087d9075b.jpg

aggy looks to be a better fit for the BXII than the SEC

Is aggy the only SEC school that isn't on the right half of good party schools?

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, mannewers said:

Look out, aggy ranking up there with Purdue. Good thing they can party better than Baylor:

447499429_848567807318453_1965688175805785786_n.jpg.4342b29e922d202df35c086087d9075b.jpg

Won the directors cup 3 of the last 4 years…definitely the 6th best athletic program 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Won the directors cup 3 of the last 4 years…definitely the 6th best athletic program 

Well Stanford won it damn near every year that Texas didn’t and they are barely inside the top 20.  

Edited by utfan87
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, utfan87 said:

Well Stanford won it damn near every year that Texas didn’t and they are barely inside the top 20.  

Turns out it's not that hard to win championships in underwater quidditch and mountain fartsniffing when you're the only one competing

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Reportedly we're taking 2 TE's. Jordan Washington already committed and Michael Terry (SWITCHBLADE) reportedly had a great visit last weekend.

Uh Washington was a 2024. He's already on campus. We have Emaree Winston committed but it seems like there might be a mutual parting of ways there. IIRC we had Armstrong and Nick Townsend above him. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Uh Washington was a 2024. He's already on campus. We have Emaree Winston committed but it seems like there might be a mutual parting of ways there. IIRC we had Armstrong and Nick Townsend above him. 

Doh. Mistakes were made.

13 hours ago, Hookem75 said:

If anyone should know not to associate with TAMU types, it should be a kid like this from Jasper.  SMH.  Have fun with the Sully-lovers.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nnm said:

If anyone should know not to associate with TAMU types, it should be a kid like this from Jasper.  SMH.  Have fun with the Sully-lovers.

aggy sells the rural, country bullshit well to kids from small towns. They probably figure out College Station is just another suburb within a month after enrolling. 

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But it’s still not big scary Austin with its tall buildings and fancy Italian horseless carriages.  

Can't we use the fact that Lamborghini started started out as a maker of tractors and other farm equipment to help put these country bumpkins at ease?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

aggy sells the rural, country bullshit well to kids from small towns. They probably figure out College Station is just another suburb within a month after enrolling. 

Oh, I get the rural, pseudo-conservative stuff. But a kid like this from Jasper should be acutely aware of the not-so-subtle theme that pulses through the veins of Sully-worshipping TAMU. Even if James Byrd’s dragging death was before this kid was born, it’s not the kind of thing that the community forgets.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, nnm said:

Oh, I get the rural, pseudo-conservative stuff. But a kid like this from Jasper should be acutely aware of the not-so-subtle theme that pulses through the veins of Sully-worshipping TAMU. Even if James Byrd’s dragging death was before this kid was born, it’s not the kind of thing that the community forgets.  

Oh I caught your meaning. But I doubt many croots associate aggy with racism. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Even after all these years, I still get disgusted, angry and nauseous reading about Mr. Byrds murder.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Lambo started as a tractor company would blow 99.99999% of SEC fans’ minds. 

Truth, and I'm betting most of them don't know who or what Komatsu does.

Posted (edited)

My recollection is that the national news media descended on Jasper looking for a racist town like the bad ol' days in Mississippi.

They found the whole town was mortified by the killing which was done by two criminal outsiders. I don't know what day-to-day life is like for the races in Jasper, but on this occasion there was unity rather than discord.

It is a horrible murder.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

My recollection is that the national news media descended on Jasper looking for a racist town like the bad ol' days in Mississippi.

They found the whole town was mortified by the killing which was done by two criminal outsiders. I don't know what day-to-day life is like for the races in Jasper, but on this occasion there was unity rather than discord.

It is a horrible murder.

Pretty much this. I went to UT with a handful of kids from Jasper. They never mentioned Byrd and I didn’t ask. Their chief complaints about the town were that there was nothing to do and the high school wasn’t very good. The UT smart kids all went to Newton. 

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It is a horrible murder.

It’s not small town Mississippi, but it feels a hell of a lot further from Houston than it should.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It is a horrible murder.

I'm sure the vast majority of folks in Jasper are really good people, no sarcasm.  After living in EXT for the last 4 years, I am also sure that there are a non-trivial number of racist dbags.  And if any of them are inclined to support a college sports program, it is TAMU.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Glad one of the murderers got the needle. I just read that Mr. Byrd's grave has been desecrated twice. God damn whomever did that needs a life lesson in prison. Piece of shit. 

There's a lurker here on Surly Horns who led the FBI investigation into the Byrd murder and received the Bureau's "Medal for Meritorious Achievement" for putting an airtight case together against the perpetrators.  It's a hell of a story, but not mine to share.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

There's a lurker here on Surly Horns who led the FBI investigation into the Byrd murder and received the Bureau's "Medal for Meritorious Achievement" for putting an airtight case together against the perpetrators.  It's a hell of a story, but not mine to share.

Dont You Say Season 8 GIF by One Chicago

that's a story i want to hear from whoever the person may be

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Pettijohn's mom, who was with him in Austin, is not planning to accompany him to Collie Station. That's "if" the visit happens.

Not sure if I missed it in this thread but at least a couple other car dealers joined the Lamborghini welcoming line-up - Porsche and Mercedes vehicle(s) were also on-hand.

The above per someone with 247.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

That's bad ass. Big props to that poster. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Chopper said:

Pettijohn's mom, who was with him in Austin, is not planning to accompany him to Collie Station. That's "if" the visit happens.

Not sure if I missed it in this thread but at least a couple other car dealers joined the Lamborghini welcoming line-up - Porsche and Mercedes vehicle(s) were also on-hand.

The above per someone with 247.

The always gong ho Justin Wells states something similar in a recent national On3 podcast. He expects Pettijohn to visit aggy, but mom won’t be there.