Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

I didn’t know that people still took GREYSHIRTS*.

I thought that that was to get around the 25 man signing cap that no longer exists.

*why are we spelling gray like we are in the UK 🇬🇧?

Shouldn’t that be “grayshirts”?

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I didn’t know that people still took GREYSHIRTS*.

I thought that that was to get around the 25 man signing cap that no longer exists.

*why are we spelling gray like we are in the UK 🇬🇧?

Shouldn’t that be “grayshirts”?

Grey in England.

Gray in America.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/gray-grey/#:~:text=Grey and gray are two,they need to be memorized.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

So like almost nobody for the 2025 class? Is the entire point to punt on this year's class and already start focusing on their 2026 class instead? I get the idea of making this a huge recruiting weekend, but where is the rest of the 2025 targets? Am I missing something?

20 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I've been trying to figure out all the Riley Leonard love. He's a gamer for sure, but I haven't seen anything great yet. He's played well against bad competition, but hasn't against good opponents. He was hurt half of last season. Had surgery in January on his ankle, had follow up surgery in March for a developing stress fracture on same ankle, missing a lot of spring practice. 

The NFL guys love him, although that's more based on traits than how good he's currently in college 

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They have "smart" clothing or devices to attach to clothing that track all kinds of data. I assume that's how they're getting those speeds but don't know for sure.

20 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Those are probably GPS tracked miles per hour at top speed. Not sure what the percentages are, probably in comparison to a baseline test they previously did

Correct. Some NFL teams are prioritizing these speeds over 40 times. It's why Houston felt fine drafting 4.70 40 Kamari Lassiter to play outside corner in the 2nd round 

Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: 

By Jason Howell

august 28, 

Key notes from Recruiting Country

Let me throw down some stats for you. Over 120 recruits are coming in this weekend. We've got eight of the Texas top 10 in the 2026 class, 16 of the TexAgs top 20, and 25 in the top 30. Pretty much everyone who isn't playing a football game this Saturday is planning to be in College Station to see what that atmosphere is all about. It will be a monster weekend to set the table for that 2026 recruiting class. You have some really big targets in the 2025. Then there's the out-of-state talent and the 2027 and 2028 class there. 

Anytime you get a night game with a College GameDay in town with a big-time opponent, Notre Dame, whether they're ranked in the top 10 or not, just the history of their team as well as the history with each other, it's going to attract a lot of attention. This will kick off the storylines and the ties between the two programs, and it's a way to showcase Kyle Field and the 12th Man at its finest. It's always going to leave a great impression. A&M, with a big game atmosphere, will always be top-notch. 

I don't think I've seen this many prospects before. Alabama weekend in 2021, Miami weekend a few years ago, and Clemson in 2018 was a pretty big weekend. We've had big ones, but this one is as big or bigger than anyone we've ever seen.

People talk about Husan Longstreet‍’s hand size as much as anything. He can grip it and rip it. He is one of the top QBs in the country because of his quick release, ability to throw with accuracy and ability to hit every place on the field. Also, the intangible side. He does his thing, and he leads with a quiet intensity. When he speaks, people listen. He brings business when he's out on the field. Conner Weigman mentality is a good comparison to me. They won't always be the most vocal, but when things need to be said, they know how to say it.

Losing Michael Fasusi‍ and Jonah Williams‍ hurt. You want to win those guys, but you can't lose sight of what you have. Guys like Husan Longstreet, Adonyss Currie‍, Deyjhon Pettaway‍, Deondrae Riden‍, you've got offensive lines that are all considered top 40-50 Texas players and the top interior offensive lineman committed in the state of Texas. Husan Longstreet has played a big part in that. Noah Mikhail‍, one of the top linebackers in the country, committed. They all seem to have connected well. They talk about brotherhood, and we've heard it before, but there is. A bond there that has solidified with those guys.

You've got a chance to make some moves with some of those guys who committed elsewhere or with Jerome Myles‍, who was a five-star receiver out of Utah and will be in town this weekend. Many of these recruits haven't been to Kyle Field, and I have a feeling that that will be an experience they won't ever forget.

Jerome Myles is 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, runs a sub 4.5 40-yard has a 10.3 100-meter. He really blew up over the course of the spring. He stepped up huge in the playoffs. Deep ball threat. The guy who has the physicality to go up and attack that ball. He's averaging about 25 yards a reception and a touchdown every other time he touches the ball. He was player of the week last week against IMG. The raw numbers and the speed remind me a lot of DK Metcalf when he came out of Oxford, Mississippi.

With him, Tristan Norman‍, and Kelshaun Johnson‍, you've got three guys that could be on anyone's track team. That's a lot of speed, athleticism and versatility. Norman is coming off a big game where he scored a 48-yard touchdown and had a two-point conversion. I am excited to see what Kelshaun Johnson does. They are all known as big threats. Johnson is an incredible route runner and very quick. Those are three really good receivers that bring a lot to the table. 

I mentioned Connor Carty‍, one of the country's top interior offensive linemen and the top in the state. He has been a mainstay at Prosper. Prosper has five offensive linemen, and four of them are going to be in town this weekend. All five of them have FBS scholarships. They pump out offensive line recruits.

Jonte Newman‍ is a guy that Conner Weigman talked about, and they connected and talked about being roommates. He can play guard or tackle.

You got Marcus Garcia‍‍ at Denton Ryan, one of the top programs in the state. They play with a lot of grit, and he's also one of the top throwers in the state of Texas, so he brings that athleticism.

Tyler Thomas‍ at Dickinson is another big-body athlete who has done much this offseason, continuing to reshape his body. He is penciled in more as a guard but also has that tackle potential.

Josh Moses‍ was the first commitment of that class who is being looked at as a center guard prospect. Deondrae “Tiger” Riden is a guy I think is someone who gets slept on by the fanbase. He's been tested, he's a multi-year starter, and I think he can make an impact as soon as he hits the field.

There is some conscious effort to target California. The Pac-12 imploding really helps the Aggies get in there. That vulnerability and what Texas A&M offers attracted a lot of attention. You get a guy like Husan Longstreet, who can be your cowbell and Noah Mikhail‍, and you get some eyes opened out there. Those guys helping those efforts helped A&M put together a strong group from the state of California. I think all of them will be in Kyle Field over the weekend.

I don't know if I would say Utah is the team to beat for Jerome Myles‍. They are at the very top with Ohio State and Texas A&M. There are probably about four or five that you could switch in and out. Those are three contenders, and then maybe an Auburn or LSU. The Utes are going to be a factor, but I expect the Aggies to put a good foot forward.

Getting a second running back is possible, but it has to be the right guy. We have talked about Jamarion Morrow‍, who is committed to Missouri. He is committed, but keep an eye on him. That is a guy Trooper Taylor had his eyes on. There were a lot of good vibes there before his commitment. I would not be surprised if his name reemerged, especially if A&M can put together a strong offense. There is also the transfer portal there as well to keep an eye on.

There is absolutely a chance to flip a guy like Jonah Williams. I would keep an eye on a number of guys. Especially guys that visited and A&M did not pull out on. Those are guys I would continue to monitor over the course of the recruiting process. Guys like Michael Fasusi, Jonah Williams, and Lamont Rogers‍.

Thursday, I will be watching North Forney and Ryan Gilbert‍ take on Dallas Skyline and Bo Barnes‍, who is a Texas commit. It should be a fun one. On Friday night, I will be in Waco, watching DJ Sanders‍ and Bellvile take on Celina in one of the top matchups. I'll be at The Star in Frisco on Saturday for North Crowley and Lancaster. John Turntine‍ for North Crowley is one of the top prospects in the 2026 class. Lancaster is full of athletes. Both teams are loaded with college talent. I will be out there checking that out and getting updates throughout the weekend leading up to the Texas A&M vs. Notre Dame game. 

I would say let's wait and let the weekend play out before being on commit watch. There may be one or two, but I would not say it is imminent. You're talking about a big game atmosphere, though. I remember a game not too long ago where the state's best came in with Texas A&M as an outsider in his recruitment, and he left fully committed. That was Demond Demas. And that was after a loss to Clemson.

There is always the possibility of a commitment in a big game atmosphere, but I am not penciling in anyone. Dequane Prevo‍ is a guy who will be in town, and he has talked about making a decision in the past. Arkansas and Texas A&M are both big factors there. Helaman Casuga‍ is another one, but I would not say those two are on commit watch

• Haha 4

"Prosper has 5 OL..." holy shit, even in HS they play with 5 OL, rocket science.

"There is an opportunity to flip Jonah Williams..." Texags still doesn't believe they finished a distant 4th, even though Williams publically said it.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

"Prosper has 5 OL..." holy shit, even in HS they play with 5 OL, rocket science.

"There is an opportunity to flip Jonah Williams..." Texags still doesn't believe they finished a distant 4th, even though Williams publically said it.

It's already been touted on their boards that we got Jonah to say that just to stick it to them & that, in reality, he would have gone to a&m had we not offered a bajillion dollars. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, hook me said:

It's already been touted on their boards that we got Jonah to say that just to stick it to them & that, in reality, he would have gone to a&m had we not offered a bajillion dollars. 

I still remember when poor Malik Jefferson was desperately trying to get to College Station for Fall Camp, but evil tu locked him in his dorm room for the next three years so he could never flip. 

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

There is absolutely a chance to flip a guy like Jonah Williams. I would keep an eye on a number of guys. Especially guys that visited and A&M did not pull out on. Those are guys I would continue to monitor over the course of the recruiting process. Guys like Michael Fasusi, Jonah Williams, and Lamont Rogers‍.

Uh huh. 

On 8/27/2024 at 6:24 PM, Leanderman said:

"Aggy bragging about 100 recruits visiting? Any Texas commits or guys like Michael Terry going?

Filling the class with........................

th?id=OIP.C4f1jadItjJmAdat_llh3gHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

But do they have any marble rye? That's what counts and makes the difference. 

I think what Klein does will be very interesting. He’s a good OC but has always called an offense with a running threat QB. If he tries that shit with Weigmann he’s an idiot, dude is made of glass. I don’t think he’s an idiot so I doubt he’s calling QB power, but he’s never put together an offense with a pocket passer, so who knows what it will look like. Combine a good QB that you shouldn’t calling run plays for with an offense completely lacking in skill talent and Klein has his work cut out for him. I think the D will be fine because Elko can coach. His defenses saved Jimbo’s ass for years so he could add 75 more pages to his playbook. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/27/2024 at 8:31 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Welp, Spider2yBanana goes back on the ignore list. The content is worthless enough, but the new avatar to go along with his name change, coupled with his basic inability to use a multi-quote function while he spams out every dumb thought that rockets through his miniscule brain, means that I'm getting fucking motion sickness from him posting 10x on every page, almost all of them sequential. 

Dude's clearly in the middle of a bender or going through some shit, or both. 

I am going through some shit, so sorry for my spaz posting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

incase anyone doesn't get the joke, it's a pretty notorious phenomenon on social media that whenever Cruz shows up, the team hes there supporting loses. Dont cloak room this thread please.

Cruz will be in Cancun by halftime.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, Longhornfrenzy said:

Texas A&M Football Recruiting

Recruiting Country: 

By Jason Howell

august 28, 

Key notes from Recruiting Country

Let me throw down some stats for you. Over 120 recruits are coming in this weekend. We've got eight of the Texas top 10 in the 2026 class, 16 of the TexAgs top 20, and 25 in the top 30. Pretty much everyone who isn't playing a football game this Saturday is planning to be in College Station to see what that atmosphere is all about. It will be a monster weekend to set the table for that 2026 recruiting class. You have some really big targets in the 2025. Then there's the out-of-state talent and the 2027 and 2028 class there. 

Anytime you get a night game with a College GameDay in town with a big-time opponent, Notre Dame, whether they're ranked in the top 10 or not, just the history of their team as well as the history with each other, it's going to attract a lot of attention. This will kick off the storylines and the ties between the two programs, and it's a way to showcase Kyle Field and the 12th Man at its finest. It's always going to leave a great impression. A&M, with a big game atmosphere, will always be top-notch. 

I don't think I've seen this many prospects before. Alabama weekend in 2021, Miami weekend a few years ago, and Clemson in 2018 was a pretty big weekend. We've had big ones, but this one is as big or bigger than anyone we've ever seen.

People talk about Husan Longstreet‍’s hand size as much as anything. He can grip it and rip it. He is one of the top QBs in the country because of his quick release, ability to throw with accuracy and ability to hit every place on the field. Also, the intangible side. He does his thing, and he leads with a quiet intensity. When he speaks, people listen. He brings business when he's out on the field. Conner Weigman mentality is a good comparison to me. They won't always be the most vocal, but when things need to be said, they know how to say it.

Losing Michael Fasusi‍ and Jonah Williams‍ hurt. You want to win those guys, but you can't lose sight of what you have. Guys like Husan Longstreet, Adonyss Currie‍, Deyjhon Pettaway‍, Deondrae Riden‍, you've got offensive lines that are all considered top 40-50 Texas players and the top interior offensive lineman committed in the state of Texas. Husan Longstreet has played a big part in that. Noah Mikhail‍, one of the top linebackers in the country, committed. They all seem to have connected well. They talk about brotherhood, and we've heard it before, but there is. A bond there that has solidified with those guys.

You've got a chance to make some moves with some of those guys who committed elsewhere or with Jerome Myles‍, who was a five-star receiver out of Utah and will be in town this weekend. Many of these recruits haven't been to Kyle Field, and I have a feeling that that will be an experience they won't ever forget.

Jerome Myles is 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, runs a sub 4.5 40-yard has a 10.3 100-meter. He really blew up over the course of the spring. He stepped up huge in the playoffs. Deep ball threat. The guy who has the physicality to go up and attack that ball. He's averaging about 25 yards a reception and a touchdown every other time he touches the ball. He was player of the week last week against IMG. The raw numbers and the speed remind me a lot of DK Metcalf when he came out of Oxford, Mississippi.

With him, Tristan Norman‍, and Kelshaun Johnson‍, you've got three guys that could be on anyone's track team. That's a lot of speed, athleticism and versatility. Norman is coming off a big game where he scored a 48-yard touchdown and had a two-point conversion. I am excited to see what Kelshaun Johnson does. They are all known as big threats. Johnson is an incredible route runner and very quick. Those are three really good receivers that bring a lot to the table. 

I mentioned Connor Carty‍, one of the country's top interior offensive linemen and the top in the state. He has been a mainstay at Prosper. Prosper has five offensive linemen, and four of them are going to be in town this weekend. All five of them have FBS scholarships. They pump out offensive line recruits.

Jonte Newman‍ is a guy that Conner Weigman talked about, and they connected and talked about being roommates. He can play guard or tackle.

You got Marcus Garcia‍‍ at Denton Ryan, one of the top programs in the state. They play with a lot of grit, and he's also one of the top throwers in the state of Texas, so he brings that athleticism.

Tyler Thomas‍ at Dickinson is another big-body athlete who has done much this offseason, continuing to reshape his body. He is penciled in more as a guard but also has that tackle potential.

Josh Moses‍ was the first commitment of that class who is being looked at as a center guard prospect. Deondrae “Tiger” Riden is a guy I think is someone who gets slept on by the fanbase. He's been tested, he's a multi-year starter, and I think he can make an impact as soon as he hits the field.

There is some conscious effort to target California. The Pac-12 imploding really helps the Aggies get in there. That vulnerability and what Texas A&M offers attracted a lot of attention. You get a guy like Husan Longstreet, who can be your cowbell and Noah Mikhail‍, and you get some eyes opened out there. Those guys helping those efforts helped A&M put together a strong group from the state of California. I think all of them will be in Kyle Field over the weekend.

I don't know if I would say Utah is the team to beat for Jerome Myles‍. They are at the very top with Ohio State and Texas A&M. There are probably about four or five that you could switch in and out. Those are three contenders, and then maybe an Auburn or LSU. The Utes are going to be a factor, but I expect the Aggies to put a good foot forward.

Getting a second running back is possible, but it has to be the right guy. We have talked about Jamarion Morrow‍, who is committed to Missouri. He is committed, but keep an eye on him. That is a guy Trooper Taylor had his eyes on. There were a lot of good vibes there before his commitment. I would not be surprised if his name reemerged, especially if A&M can put together a strong offense. There is also the transfer portal there as well to keep an eye on.

Thursday, I will be watching North Forney and Ryan Gilbert‍ take on Dallas Skyline and Bo Barnes‍, who is a Texas commit. It should be a fun one. On Friday night, I will be in Waco, watching DJ Sanders‍ and Bellvile take on Celina in one of the top matchups. I'll be at The Star in Frisco on Saturday for North Crowley and Lancaster. John Turntine‍ for North Crowley is one of the top prospects in the 2026 class. Lancaster is full of athletes. Both teams are loaded with college talent. I will be out there checking that out and getting updates throughout the weekend leading up to the Texas A&M vs. Notre Dame game. 

I would say let's wait and let the weekend play out before being on commit watch. There may be one or two, but I would not say it is imminent. You're talking about a big game atmosphere, though. I remember a game not too long ago where the state's best came in with Texas A&M as an outsider in his recruitment, and he left fully committed. That was Demond Demas. And that was after a loss to Clemson.

There is always the possibility of a commitment in a big game atmosphere, but I am not penciling in anyone. Dequane Prevo‍ is a guy who will be in town, and he has talked about making a decision in the past. Arkansas and Texas A&M are both big factors there. Helaman Casuga‍ is another one, but I would not say those two are on commit watch

Jeez, what's the over and under on the number of guys who are never talked to by a coach one on one!

On 8/26/2024 at 1:19 PM, texifornia said:

I know he went to Penn and is actually a pretty smart guy, but he has the pure agroid look down cold

He's a fucking slob who is too lazy to make himself look like a first line college head coach. Maybe he's charismatic in ways that I've never seen, but, if he isn't, he's sunk.

He needs a tailor and a makeover. 

• Like 1