Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

This first year mulligan they’re already conjuring up, in between takes of table running the rest of their schedule, is great because if elko is obviously not going to be the guy they won’t accept it for a while longer. 

As if they could afford his buyout and jimbo’s along with a newer coach.  Are they stuck with him no matter what until jimbo is off their books, or are their donors so stupid they’ll pay another one so quickly?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This first year mulligan they’re already conjuring up, in between takes of table running the rest of their schedule, is great because if elko is obviously not going to be the guy they won’t accept it for a while longer. 

As if they could afford his buyout and jimbo’s along with a newer coach.  Are they stuck with him no matter what until jimbo is off their books, or are their donors so stupid they’ll pay another one so quickly?

Are you asking if there is a limit to aggy stupidity?

Spoiler

No Limit Buffet GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is the million dollar question for me too. It’s obvious with the fat comments that they can’t stand having this guy as the face of the program unless he is winning. They might actually fire him after 2 years because they’re too comfortable looking that closely n the mirror. Can’t imagine how wrecked their finances will be then. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

The aggy roller coaster leaves the tracks early this season when Bowling Green whips their ass at home.   

Yeah don't sleep on BG. They went toe to toe with with Penn St this past week even while turning it over twice in their own territory, they have a bye this week, while aggy goes to the Swamp.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If Napier doesn't start Lagway, he should get fired at halftime. 

There is zero question he starts Lagway. This is typical coach speak trying to make them waste time prepping for stuff they wont see. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

There is zero question he starts Lagway. This is typical coach speak trying to make them waste time prepping for stuff they wont see. 

The problem here is that Napier recruited Mertz to come back for this season and then had him elected as captain. Everyone is writing those aspects off when considering the situation. Put yourself in that guy's shoes for a minute.

We can all think what we want about Napier as a coach or person and I'm not some type of fan of the guy, but I can understand the inner conflict here for the guy as a man. That said, I also see the HC role in CFB as that of a "fiduciary" for the program, so he's still got overcome the personal issues and make the right choice for the organization. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The problem here is that Napier recruited Mertz to come back for this season and then had him elected as captain. Everyone is writing those aspects off when considering the situation. Put yourself in that guy's shoes for a minute.

We can all think what we want about Napier as a coach or person and I'm not some type of fan of the guy, but I can understand the inner conflict here for the guy as a man. That said, I also see the HC role in CFB as that of a "fiduciary" for the program, so he's still got overcome the personal issues and make the right choice for the organization. 

This is an excellent way to put it. If Napier doesn't play the QB that gives them the best chance of winning, he's letting down the 84 guys on the roster (plus the AD and the fans). I'm sure it sucks for him personally to go back on promises he made to the kid, but he can't put the kid before the team. It's also a good lesson about not making those kinds of promises. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Mertz gonna get Joe-Bidened! (No CR)

image.png.13e21b97821cc22d662257027abd74ab.png  I'm not finished as a QB.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

-Elko won't let reporters say anything definitively about injuries, even season-enders, so enjoy that skirting from Tarp in the write-up.

This is funny because Elko will have to release an injury report this week with the new rules and a SEC game on Saturday.

No more keeping secrets or keeping the media on a leash.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is funny because Elko will have to release an injury report this week with the new rules and a SEC game on Saturday.

He and Venables are possibly the biggest liars in CFB when it comes to injuries, though. I've been assuming we'll see a whole bunch of "GTD" when they damned well someone isn't playing. Hope you're right, in any event.

22 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

That fat fuck told the reporter that their starting center was fine and could come back into the game against ND. Yeah, the one who is done for the year.

Edited by mannewers
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Is Anderson really benched or are they just load managing a vet's snaps against a scrub team in a blowout? Brooks didn't get many snaps at S, either.

I can't imagine they both don't play a ton against Florida.

I don't know on this one. I viewed as a Milroe/USF thing. Regardless, why play him at all if you're not going to start him? He didn't need the reps vs one of the worst FSC programs on any schedule.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

They have since announced that Erb, who is 6'7", will be the back-up C going forward.

This might be the funniest visual I have had in quite a while. If Weigman has to go under center his face is going to be in the guys ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is some good shit coming from the guys in the know on 247 right now. They're clearly tired of the bullying from aggie pravda. It's fucking hilarious. I'm posting the following takes from Tarp on a thread about Donovan Green. For anyone who's unfamiliar, Green was budding star at TE and tore his knee up in the runup to their first game last year. He's since gotten fat, out of shape, married, and unmotivated other than in regard to getting a degree and as much free food as possible. 

-----

Tarp

He's a big guy now.

A lot of them are.

A&M looked at its team in January and decided they needed to get bigger.

Thus, they made everyone bigger and somehow didn't think they need to replace a 325 pound NT.

--

Tarp

ThePlaymaker said... (original post) Did he practice in the spring?

show more

Non contact. I saw him in a agility drill back then and he looked pretty good to go.

Carter and I have talked about this. We just kind of shake our heads like we do about a lot of things because it's hard to figure out the why.

--

Tarp

Pooch01 said... (original post) Why he can't move or why he's so heavy?

show more

The whole team is bigger. It's not just him.

It's what they wanted.

--

Tarp

B5000 said... (original post) Why don’t you ask the why?

show more

I asked. Was told that they did testing back in January and their diagnosis was they weren’t strong enough.

--

Nothing builds muscle like rapidly shoveling too much food into your mouth. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

So a TE putting on over 20 lbs in an off season while rehabbing an ACL injury isn't going to improve his performance? I guess the media day speak of the aggy writers priasing Elko getting the team "bigger" wasn't the good kind after all. /ShockedFace

Going to need to switch to the "Do as I say, not as I do" mantra.

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It all makes since now. Why does this aggie team look so fat and slow? Because The Elk has a god complex and is trying to rebuild the team in his own image. That old school S&C approach of "you want to get stronger? step 1, start eating every fucking thing within reach." is fucking killing it in College Station right now. 

Since what?

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It all makes since now. Why does this aggie team look so fat and slow? Because The Elk has a god complex and is trying to rebuild the team in his own image. That old school S&C approach of "you want to get stronger? step 1, start eating every fucking thing within reach." is fucking killing it in College Station right now. 

Who was the guy around here that was sucking their S&C coaches dick?

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Is Anderson really benched or are they just load managing a vet's snaps against a scrub team in a blowout? Brooks didn't get many snaps at S, either.

I can't imagine they both don't play a ton against Florida.

Was brooks eligible to play the first half?  Idk when his targeting was called. 

The big thing about aggy is it's impossible to judge their pass defense based on the offenses they've played.

Leonard (ND): 163 passing yards vs NIU and 158 passing yards vs aggy. He fucking sucks.

McNeese State's collection of QBs is atrocious. 

They've faced bottom feeders from a passing perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The big thing about aggy is it's impossible to judge their pass defense based on the offenses they've played.

Leonard (ND): 163 passing yards vs NIU and 158 passing yards vs aggy. He fucking sucks.

Missouri will probably be the first real test of that.

50 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

aggy likes feeding on bottoms. 

Arkansas will definitely test their defense. 

But in standard Petrino and Pittman fashion they will try to find a way to lose. Their loss to Oklahoma State this weekend was another classic Arkansas loss. Outgained Oklahoma State 648 yards to 385 yards but somehow didn't win.

Their offense has some weapons though that will challenge aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Arkansas will definitely test their defense. 

But in standard Petrino and Pittman fashion they will try to find a way to lose. Their loss to Oklahoma State this weekend was another classic Arkansas loss. Outgained Oklahoma State 648 yards to 385 yards but somehow didn't win.

Their offense has some weapons though that will challenge aggy. 

Well gundy has a clue. Does elko?

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not to mention the QB & WRs they faced everyday in practice over summer and fall. They’re going to be in shock when they play a competent passing game.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the Notre Dame loss this week, but from what I have read about it Leonard looked even worse than he did against atm.  The atm defense didn't make him look terrible, he just sucks.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I didn't watch the Notre Dame loss this week, but from what I have read about it Leonard looked even worse than he did against atm.  The atm defense didn't make him look terrible, he just sucks.

The guy threw 3 tds in 6 games last year. He has thrown 0 in 2 games this year. He gets a ton of love for being gritty or some shit but he seems like he sucks.

A key moment in the game was with about 5 minutes left and ND was driving. 2nd and 1, I think. Leonard takes the snap and then throws deep into double coverage and it was picked. The WR didn’t really ever look open and Leonard underthrew him even if he was. 

Northern Illinois then squeezed the air out of the ball and kicked the game winning field goal with only like 15 seconds left on the clock. 

That singular play is so far the dumbest, most boneheaded play in CFB this year. There’s still a lot of football left to be played, but that could win the award for the year due to its damage inflicted. 

Notre Dame has taken 3 QB transfers in 4 years and has more or less destroyed hope in their room for the home grown guys. I’m here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Leonard apparently injured his non-throwing arm in 1st half of the NIU loss. He basically can't run now either given that hit would take him out. Freeman sounded like a guy trying to explain why you were going to see their backup in the next game while trying to manage basically benching Leonard.  I get the dynamics of the transfer portal and NIL commitements to Leonard, but the backup Angeli has done nothing to show he isn't ready. Everytime he was called in last season he just lead them to score after score. He's definitely a better passer. I don't think Leonard starts again if Angeli sees the field.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut
  • Hook 'Em 2