Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah our class is very Tom Herman like.  Remember how good he was at wide receiver recruiting?

Yeah... that one killed me: "Struggling on both lines, elite skill position wise. Very Tom Hermanish class."

They've been saying this shit for years. I hope they keep believing it. We have five OL committed, two 4-star DT and two 4-star DE. Have they looked at their offensive line room and ours? I'm fairly certain our entire second team would start for them.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

-Sharma's ranking with the services is kind of astonishing. That dude is a beast. He's being punished, in part, for playing in NoCal.

-Same is true for Mills. The DeBoer UW staff, the Harbaugh Michigan staff, and Flood all wanted Mills badly. But, hey, analysts who get OL wrong every cycle haven't even bothered to review this guy's film.

I find it incredibly fulfilling as a recruitnik and CFB fan to be looking at what the UT staff is doing across the board and have full confidence that they're getting it all as right as anyone. Particularly on the OL. Outside of like one guy who will eventually graduate and become a finance bro or something, the word is that they want to hang onto every OL on campus. Multiple young backups would be starting at OU or ATM right now. Watching those idiots ignorantly talk shit about Texas OL recruiting and depth is comical. 

Watch. The. Tape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, alincoln said:

Brooks was a national recruit wanted by everyone and Mills wasn’t far behind.

As for DL, only aggy could attempt to downplay what will likely be the number 1 EDGE class in the country complemented by several DTs who are Top 250 players.

It's like they only look at the recruiting status in June and then assume nothing has changed over the past 3 months, and nothing will change over the next 3 either.

• Hook 'Em 1

Andrew Hattersley 

Gigem247
  •  

Three things I know, three things I think regarding Texas A&M recruiting

VIP
  • Andrew Hattersley avatar
    Andrew HattersleyStaff
    Posted on 25 mins, V I P, User Since 110 months ago, User Post Count: 21920
    • 25 minsVIP
    • 110 months

-I know Texas A&M commit Deondrae Riden has two A&M visits lined up… Scheduling has prevented Riden from making it to A&M's first two home games but he has a pair of visits lined up for later this season.

The four-star A&M commit plans to be at the Aggies neutral site matchup against Arkansas in a few weeks before returning to Aggieland later this fall when LSU comes to town on Oct. 26. Riden has been following from afar though and said he's excited about the start that Le'Veon Moss is off to this season.

The four-star back noticed a difference in Moss when he attended a spring practice this spring so he has not been surprised to see him lead the running back room this fall.

-I know a top Texas A&M basketball target has a decision date set…One of the top guards in the 2025 class will come off the board later this month. Four-star Compass Prep Jeremiah Green will announce his commitment on Sept. 22, sources have confirmed to GigEm247. The Athletics' Tobias Bass first reported the news of Green's decision. Texas A&M, TCU, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma and Mississippi State. In talking to sources familiar with the recruitment, Texas A&M remains in communication with Green and his family as the decision approaches. While Green and his family are keeping the decision close to the vest even with schools involved in the recruitment, there is cautious optimism surrounding Texas A&M's chances right now. Green is currently rated as the No. 16 point guard in the 2025 class, according to 247Sports.

- I know the trip to Florida is still an important one from a recruiting standpoint for Texas A&M… There are ebbs and flows throughout every recruiting cycle and while Texas A&M is not hosting visitors this weekend, it's still pretty important from a recruiting standpoint. With Texas A&M commit Chace Sims set to visit Texas later this month and chatter about Kelshaun Johnson potentially also visiting Austin later this fall as well, A&M needs to avoid a 1-2 start which could potentially push that door open even more for other programs. On the other hand, a road SEC win would give A&M a big shot in the arm that could set up a big visit weekend of their own with a night game against Bowling Green next weekend. While schools remain in contact with A&M commits, the same goes for the Aggies staff as evidence by Rashad Johnson's flip last weekend from Georgia to A&M. A win over Florida would serve as a nice boost to those efforts. 

- I think this weekend offers a big opportunity for A&M to leave an impression on a Top247 edge rusher… While Texas A&M will be heading on the road for the first time this week, it's still another opportunity to make an impression in front of recruits. Among the expected visitors this weekend, according to 247Sports' reporter Blake Alderman, is Top247 edge rusher Javion Hilson and elite receiver Cederian Morgan. Hilson backed off a commitment to Florida State earlier this month and according to 247Sports' Brian Dohn, Texas A&M is one of the programs to keep an eye on. Hilson is expected to be at Florida this weekend where he will not only be watching the Gators but get a chance to see A&M as well. A big day from Nic Scourton, Shemar Stewart and Co. could aid A&M in making a late run at one of the top edge rushers in the 2025 class. The Aggies extended an offer to Morgan earrlier this fall though he has yet to visit campus. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Andrew Hattersley 

Gigem247

•  

Three things I know, three things I think regarding Texas A&M recruiting

VIP
  • Andrew Hattersley avatar
    Andrew HattersleyStaff
    Posted on 25 mins, V I P, User Since 110 months ago, User Post Count: 21920
    • 25 minsVIP
    • 110 months

-I know Texas A&M commit Deondrae Riden has two A&M visits lined up… Scheduling has prevented Riden from making it to A&M's first two home games but he has a pair of visits lined up for later this season.

The four-star A&M commit plans to be at the Aggies neutral site matchup against Arkansas in a few weeks before returning to Aggieland later this fall when LSU comes to town on Oct. 26. Riden has been following from afar though and said he's excited about the start that Le'Veon Moss is off to this season.

The four-star back noticed a difference in Moss when he attended a spring practice this spring so he has not been surprised to see him lead the running back room this fall.

-I know a top Texas A&M basketball target has a decision date set…One of the top guards in the 2025 class will come off the board later this month. Four-star Compass Prep Jeremiah Green will announce his commitment on Sept. 22, sources have confirmed to GigEm247. The Athletics' Tobias Bass first reported the news of Green's decision. Texas A&M, TCU, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma and Mississippi State. In talking to sources familiar with the recruitment, Texas A&M remains in communication with Green and his family as the decision approaches. While Green and his family are keeping the decision close to the vest even with schools involved in the recruitment, there is cautious optimism surrounding Texas A&M's chances right now. Green is currently rated as the No. 16 point guard in the 2025 class, according to 247Sports.

- I know the trip to Florida is still an important one from a recruiting standpoint for Texas A&M… There are ebbs and flows throughout every recruiting cycle and while Texas A&M is not hosting visitors this weekend, it's still pretty important from a recruiting standpoint. With Texas A&M commit Chace Sims set to visit Texas later this month and chatter about Kelshaun Johnson potentially also visiting Austin later this fall as well, A&M needs to avoid a 1-2 start which could potentially push that door open even more for other programs. On the other hand, a road SEC win would give A&M a big shot in the arm that could set up a big visit weekend of their own with a night game against Bowling Green next weekend. While schools remain in contact with A&M commits, the same goes for the Aggies staff as evidence by Rashad Johnson's flip last weekend from Georgia to A&M. A win over Florida would serve as a nice boost to those efforts. 

- I think this weekend offers a big opportunity for A&M to leave an impression on a Top247 edge rusher… While Texas A&M will be heading on the road for the first time this week, it's still another opportunity to make an impression in front of recruits. Among the expected visitors this weekend, according to 247Sports' reporter Blake Alderman, is Top247 edge rusher Javion Hilson and elite receiver Cederian Morgan. Hilson backed off a commitment to Florida State earlier this month and according to 247Sports' Brian Dohn, Texas A&M is one of the programs to keep an eye on. Hilson is expected to be at Florida this weekend where he will not only be watching the Gators but get a chance to see A&M as well. A big day from Nic Scourton, Shemar Stewart and Co. could aid A&M in making a late run at one of the top edge rushers in the 2025 class. The Aggies extended an offer to Morgan earrlier this fall though he has yet to visit campus. 

Hattersley pimping Hilson as a legitimate option for ATM is as pure an example of a $9.95er lying to his base for clicks as you’ll ever witness. Holy shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I do find it interesting they are counting on Bowling Green being a big recruiting weekend.  I mean, it makes sense on it's face.  But win or lose this weekend, it's not inconceivable they get even more banged up and lose even more depth.

Bowling Green will be coming off a bye week after giving Penn St. all they could handle in Happy Valley two weeks before.  I'm not saying they're going to lose.  But that's not quite the cakewalk they were hoping for.