Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

37 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

There’s no way they can trot out any QB other than Weigman. The A&M mouth pieces are very good at injecting the Pravda line into the national media and they’ve been pushing the Weigman is a elite 5* QB who can raise the ceiling of the program if he stays healthy. 

Till mid-season. Then he'll become a selfish piece of shit and they be demanding the backup take the reins. Like clockwork.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Klein is the same offensive genius that ran Adrian Martinez out there even though Will Howard was the much better QB, but Martinez could run his offense better than Howard. Howard was a decent running threat, but not over a 12+ game schedule. I still can't believe he willingly left KSU, his alma mater, with the perfect fit for his offense in Avery Johnson ready to take over after they pushed Howard out the door.

Weigman is made of glass and he is one hit away from never playing the sport again either with his concussions or his ankle being held together by duct tape. If Elko + Klein were really throwing their nuts around it shouldn't matter that Reed has looked better than Weigman. Even though Billy was hyping Weigman up yesterday as a dark horse Heisman candidate.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

3) Run the offense Klein wants to run with Weigman at the helm until he's bludgeoned into requiring the next man up, at which point Weigatron sucked anyways and no one cares that he goes somewhere else and becomes the next Haynes King. - I view this as the most viable path forward. Choosing this route means you only have to listen to Weigman's parents bitch at you a few times and still get what the program believes it now needs. 

I haven't checked. Is Haynes King on the Davey O'Brien watchlist yet? It's bound to happen since he escaped aggieland.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

Till mid-season. Then he'll become a selfish piece of shit and they be demanding the backup take the reins. Like clockwork.

I wouldn't be shocked if they pull the plug on Weigman at HT against ND if they are down multiple scores and the offense looks bad.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I haven't checked. Is Haynes King on the Davey O'Brien watchlist yet? It's bound to happen since he escaped aggieland.

Yes he is, but guess who is not? Remember the watch list puts 36 QBs on it to start the season.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, I forgot to point that out. Karels got in trouble for not attributing a source previously to the Owens injury information since Elko refuses to offer a timetable on it. It's fucking hilarious.

Yeah, I was talking earlier about this with a buddy and, if all of this is roughly accurate, the program has three choices:

1) Let the best man win the role and damn the consequences. - The aggies cannot actually do this and be hoisted by their own pitard. They couldn't handle looking that obviously stupid since appearances are a huge insecurity of theirs in the first place.

2) Modify the offense to fit Weigman's needs and hope for the best. - Klein left a place where someone was reigning him in.

3) Run the offense Klein wants to run with Weigman at the helm until he's bludgeoned into requiring the next man up, at which point Weigatron sucked anyways and no one cares that he goes somewhere else and becomes the next Haynes King. - I view this as the most viable path forward. Choosing this route means you only have to listen to Weigman's parents bitch at you a few times and still get what the program believes it now needs. 

Looking at Klein's history, he has also frequently trotted two QBs out.  He did it last year with Will Howard and Avery Johnson.

He did it in 2022 with Adrian Martinez and Will Howard.

He wasn't the OC prior to 2022, but he was the QB coach.  In 2020 and 2021, Skylar Thompson and Will Howard split time at QB.

In 2018, Skylar Thompson and Alex Delton split time. 

And in 2017, Skylar Thompson, Alex Delton, and Jesse Ertz had a three-way split of QB duties.

Basically, I think it's fair to say that running two quarterbacks out on the field is pretty deeply ingrained in Klein.  In fact, I think he split time with another quarterback (Daniel Sams?).

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Klein was the backup his sophomore year and then the full time starter both his Jr. and Sr. seasons. I wouldn't say he split time with Sams, who had 8 pass attempts during Klein's Sr. season.

Yes, Sams didn't throw.  But Sams had 35+ rushing attempts.  They definitely put Sams in to change-of-pace and spell Klein even when he was getting dark horse Heisman buzz.

12 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Looking at Klein's history, he has also frequently trotted two QBs out.  He did it last year with Will Howard and Avery Johnson.

He did it in 2022 with Adrian Martinez and Will Howard.

He wasn't the OC prior to 2022, but he was the QB coach.  In 2020 and 2021, Skylar Thompson and Will Howard split time at QB.

In 2018, Skylar Thompson and Alex Delton split time. 

And in 2017, Skylar Thompson, Alex Delton, and Jesse Ertz had a three-way split of QB duties.

Basically, I think it's fair to say that running two quarterbacks out on the field is pretty deeply ingrained in Klein.  In fact, I think he split time with another quarterback (Daniel Sams?).

But the aggy shills are calling Weigman a dark horse heisman candidate.  It's unpossible that Klein will use another QB unless something catastrophic happens like Wiggy getting hurts.

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yes, Sams didn't throw.  But Sams had 35+ rushing attempts.  They definitely put Sams in to change-of-pace and spell Klein even when he was getting dark horse Heisman buzz.

Or they put Sams in when KSU was up 30+ points as they were in a bunch of games that season. He played in the following games that season.

Missouri State - 51-9

Miami - 52-13

North Texas 35-21

Kansas - 56-16

West Virginia - 55-14

Texas Tech - 55-24

Oklahoma State - 44-30

Quite a few of those morons are at least self aware enough to know that a smooth butt fucking is coming. I have one aggy work acquaintance that has already stopped mentioning anything about their team and is trying to find solace in any perceived negative vibes around the Texas program. The other day he started with how the Baxter injury will decimate our offense and then claimed to have sources saying that “Sark is on the sauce again.” When I started laughing at him mid sentence, he seemed incredulous that I wasn’t believing his bullshit and finally walked away. If nothing else, they are entertaining.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They can run weigger out there no problem.  Run their offense, with that OL, and he’ll be hurt soon enough. Then they can play the qb they want without any fan revolt, and have the excuse when the season sours. 

Why not both?

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

And then they'll claim his award on the wall next to those fake championships. They'll also finally have something to put in their "Hall of Champions." Oh man, the fucking meltdown if Haynes King would win any kind of award would be hilarious. 

Edited by El Compadre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Meh these sheep fuckers will still back their way into 8 fucking wins somehow with their bullshit schedule 

That liberty bowl win over troy should get them there.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Everything Texas A&M Football OC Collin Klein said during media day

Texas A&M offensive coordinator Collin Klein talks offensive performance in fall camp during Saturday's media day.

With Texas A&M exactly set to close out fall camp on Sunday with its second scrimmage before turning their attention towards Notre Dame prep, the Aggies held a media on Saturday afternoon.

Mike Elko met with the media as did offensive coordinator Collin Klein and Jay Bateman. With Elko confirming on Saturday that Rueben Owens will miss most if not all of the season due to a foot injury, Klein shared his perspective on the other backs in the room and also talked about a few other position groups with position battles ongoing.

With 14 practices now in the books, Klein also gave his assessment of the progress that A&M has made so far on the offensive side of the ball in camp.

Here is everything that he said during Saturday's media day.

On running back room after Rueben Owens’ injury…

"Yeah, no, absolutely. I think, first of all, I've had a lot of guys that have contributed well in that position through camp. With Le'Veon and Amari, obviously, heading point in his absence. Obviously, heart breaks for Rueben, all the work and time that he put in and was having a tremendous camp. Obviously, our hearts are with him, and we'll be with him through his recovery process. But I'm not worried about the position. Coach Trooper Taylor and Coach Lentz are doing a great job, so we'll be good."

On bright spots on offense during fall camp…

"No, I think collectively, I think have gotten a lot more comfortable with schematically the offense and what we're trying to ask them to do. I think our understanding of what we're trying to get done has definitely increased. I think the biggest thing that we're working on right now is just consistency because we've really had some good, some bright spots throwing the football. We've had a number of receiver step up. I know Jahdae Walker has really made some contested catches is. I know Noah Thomas is really stepping up and taking some leadership in that room and has made some huge plays for us. Obviously, Conner has shown and really stepped up and put the ball in some tight windows and giving them some chances to make plays. But again, consistency is the name of the game and being able to make sure that we can do those things, play in and play out, drive in and drive out to keep the thing moving how it should. But no, I'm really pleased. I think all the way around, I go to every area and, again, be encouraged with what the guys have done."

On how he envisions utilizing tight end…

"I think the tight ends have had a good camp. I think Tre Watson is really doing a nice job and runs great routes, has a good understanding of how he fits into schemes, has good ball skills. I think Theo has done some really good things at the point of attack and provide just some versatility there. Then Donovan Green coming back from injury and Shane Calhoun, our transfer, have both really done some nice things. I think we got a good mix of skill sets, a good balance of things that each one will be able to bring to that room and give us some advantages for sure, because it's a big part of what we're going to do."

On Micah Tease performance so far in fall camp…

"I really appreciate how Micah competes. I mean, he really competes hard every single day, every single rep. I think it was two practices ago, had a couple of really, really big time contested catches on some conversion downs in the red zone that keep you from kicking a field goal or in the two-minute situations we were doing or whatever, give you a chance to win the football game, and just does an unbelievable job competing and shows up every day."

On Ar’Maj Reed-Adams…

"Yeah, Ar'Maj, he is a competitive son of a gun now. I mean, he's got great energy every single day in practice. He's got a high level of physicality and is able to create movement on doubles and athletic and gives us some flexibility of where we can put people and really excited for him and the camp he's had."

On Cyrus Allen…

"Yeah, no, Cyrus has been really good. I think he's really got a burst to him. To where he gives you some chances to push the ball down the field vertically and stretch the defense. So he's done some really nice things."

On how he sees offensive line room shaping up…

"I think there's a lot of different combinations. There's a high level of competition in a couple of different spots. I think that'll carry on even over just even the next couple of weeks, but probably even into the early season of mixing and matching some combinations to find that right groove, keep people fresh. Thankfully, we've got a couple of guys that have provided us that versatility. It is a work in progress, but again, guys are doing a nice job."

On center battle…

Mark Nabou has done a really nice job, and Koli has done a tremendous job, and those two are part of that mix that he's talking about that we're trying to figure out.

On E.J Smith and Anthony DiNota…

"Yeah. No, E.J. he was a little dinged up this summer, so getting him back healthy, and I thought in the last week, has really turned the corner physically to where you can see he's really feeling good again. He's done some good things in the pass game and catching the football and has good ball skills, provides us some versatility to move him around the field a little bit. DiNota is just steady Eddie, man. He's a tough sucker and really does a nice job getting north and south on some of those schemes to get you those tough yards. He can turn a three into a five or six, which is huge."

On Terry Bussey’s versatility…

"I think we will be able to move him around quite a bit. He's even in a short time, shown really high capacity and adapted pretty quickly for the time and how things have transpired. I think his skillset is very diverse. He's got great natural route running ability. He's got really good ball skills on the move, but he's obviously big and physical enough to move him in the backfield and all over the field. I think it's going to be a pretty a diverse skillset for us. He's done a really nice job and made some big plays down the field attacking the football."

On how he judges progress in first fall camp…

"I don't know if it's probably even a question for Coach Elko. All of our heads, and my head has been down to the grindstone, trying to take one step at a time, one day at a time. I think I'm very proud of our guys and the steps we've made as far as on the big picture. We still got two more weeks to keep pounding away and get every inch that we can. I think some of the rotations and personnel in competition battles have made us better and solidified some things on the edge and inside. But again, just got to keep pounding away right now. We got two more good weeks to work before we kick this thing off. Really proud of our guys and how they bought in and attacked things, but we got two more weeks to work."

On how deep receiver rotation will be…

"I think we will be able to play a good number of guys. Probably depends a little bit on the week. I think probably anywhere from 4-6. We'll see time depending on on how things are going in that game. Probably 3-4, taking the majority of the load and the work, and then sprinkling in from there based on how things go."

On implementation of offense...

"Yeah, everything is in. Everything's been in for the last probably five or six days, minus some nuanced stuff and some special situation stuff here and there. Again, I think we've intentionally pushed them really hard and tried to build as broad a foundation as we can to make sure that we can build and use everything that we're going to need through the course of a long year. Really, really proud of them, how they've attacked it. Again, I think we're not as consistent as I would like right now across the board, but we've made great progress. They're making great progress and really excited for what this group is capable of."

On working alongside Mike Elko, implementing his vision…

"Yeah, I think everything has taken shape pretty much exactly as was projected and laid out by Coach and understanding that this a process that we're working through and staying consistent to that process. But it's been outstanding. I've really loved working for Coach Elko, and his vision and consistency, I think, is extraordinary. It's something we're just day in and day out, one day at a time, one play at a time, and having that type of mentality to fuel and direct that big picture vision of where we're going, I think, has held true from what I thought it was going to be.

Edited by Longhornfrenzy

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

On how he sees offensive line room shaping up…

"I think there's a lot of different combinations. There's a high level of competition in a couple of different spots. I think that'll carry on even over just even the next couple of weeks, but probably even into the early season of mixing and matching some combinations to find that right groove, keep people fresh. Thankfully, we've got a couple of guys that have provided us that versatility. It is a work in progress, but again, guys are doing a nice job."

Yeah, that does not instill any confidence that the OL is remotely stable...

I thought they had all of these guys that were experienced and were ready to make a big step forward. That sounds like we are in the countdown to game day and we still dont really know what we are doing. Not a single name as a starter or who has locked in a position. No discussion about which battles are going on, just straight up we are still trying to find who our best 5 is in general...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

…That sounds like we are in the countdown to game day and we still dont really know what we are doing...

Sounds like ND’s front 7 are going to get on their ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

When someone starts to talk and I hear:

“Yeah, no. Absolutely…”

I kind of check out from the conversation and start analyzing whether I should have been able to decipher that this person was an idiot before s/he started talking, or whether s/he hid it well enough that I would have to hear her/him speak before I could tell.

That said, many Argentines would start answering a question with:

”Sí, pero no, pero sí… no, es verdad…”

And the mocking would commence almost immediately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

When someone starts to talk and I hear:

“Yeah, no. Absolutely…”

I kind of check out from the conversation and start analyzing whether I should have been able to decipher that this person was an idiot before s/he started talking, or whether s/he hid it well enough that I would have to hear her/him speak before I could tell.

That said, many Argentines would start answering a question with:

”Sí, pero no, pero sí… no, es verdad…”

And the mocking would commence almost immediately.

"Yeah, no...", "No, yeah...", and "yeah, no, yeah..." are all cornerstones of Midwestern English and mean distinct things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

IMG_20240820_085055.jpg

Does he have an announcement date?  It's probably upthread but ain't nobody got time for that.  I'm not concerned about whether or not he signs with UT, but am absolutely here for the schadenfreude of TAMU missing on another top target. 

27 minutes ago, nnm said:

Does he have an announcement date?  It's probably upthread but ain't nobody got time for that.  I'm not concerned about whether or not he signs with UT, but am absolutely here for the schadenfreude of TAMU missing on another top target. 

Saturday 08/24

• Like 1

Tarp responding to criticism that he's critical of the OL:

Tarp

STAFF

RGarcia46 said... (original post) Tarp will never believe in the OL again after giving all the readers false hope a few years ago.

show more
Yeah, it's my fault that A&M manages to overcome past performances, talent levels, and coaching on paper with a reality that makes Alien seem like a Hallmark Channel movie of the week.

--

Tarp responding to the notion that ATM has a deep secondary:

Tarp

STAFF

Big Bang said... (original post) With our lack of talent on offense, and the defense being pretty good and deep in the secondary, i’m surprised it took this long to get Bussey on ...

show more

Deep in the secondary?

Who said that?

---

Tarp whining about the Pravda shit with The Elk's program:

Tarp

STAFF

jordanaggie said... (original post) Only 15, Tarp?

show more

Certain people are always on the lookout for things.

You're got to be really careful.

---

Tarp debunking someone's claim that the aggies are deep in the secondary by basically just pasting some names on the screen:

Tarp

STAFF

ThePlaymaker said... (original post) Will LeeDezz RicksBrayvion RogersHillChappellBJ mayesJavon ThomasDonavan SandersThat is pretty good competition for 3 spots and Chappel has be...

show more

On paper you are correct.

The reality might be a tad different.

The self inflected wounds among the receiving corps make it somewhat difficult to judge exactly how good some of these guys are.

Theoretically, if you're missing multiple starters in the DL in a scrimmage situation and the WRs (who by all accounts have not been much of a factor in fall camp) all of a sudden have a good scrimmage, then maybe you've got more issues than you assume.

---

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, bizzle said:

my season preview is going to involve putting every word i can find from tarp, ctj and liucci into an AI prompt and seeing what surfaces. 

the goal of AI should be to aide humanity, not to convince it to turn into Skynet, bud....

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, bizzle said:

my season preview is going to involve putting every word i can find from tarp, ctj and liucci into an AI prompt and seeing what surfaces. 

I’m not sure what a bunch of coelentrates fighting in a parking lot next to their Buicks has to do with the aggy season preview but more power to you. It’ll probably end up just as accurate as most of your season predictions. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

8-4. That's what's going to surface.

Assuming three of the 8 will be McNeese, Bowling Green, and the NM Aggies (seriously?!?), they have to pick up 5 more among ND, @UF, Arky (neutral), Mizzou, @MissSU, LSU, @USCe, @Barn, and UT. 

I don't see it this year.  They AVERAGE ~8-4 over their history.  Some seasons are better, some worse.  I think it's worse this year.  

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1