Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It will be very interesting to see if Sims didn’t visit this weekend because of a “weekend visit” bag, what does that mean? Someone pays to not visit this particular weekend? If so, what an incredible waste of money. Might as well flush dollar bills down the toilet. Or is it to not visit Texas at all? Because if it is the latter, then why are the Ags unsure about a later visit? 

This is what Victor R. Franko would do.....

1) Take the money!

2) doesn't matter what I tell A&M for the money, because it's all under the table non-sense. Spend the money.

3) Publicly make a good sounding excuse to not attend this week to UT. This keeps me in good standing with UT, and A&M can crow over there one time victory.

4) Continue negotiations with UT and set up another meeting. It might be too obvious to set up a UT game visit every time they play. OU week UT is visitor so no visit there. OK, good enough set up Georgia visit, maybe another payday to not attend.

5) Could I get paid to visit aggy again when UT plays in Kyle? If yes, hold off commitment until after the game, get another payday, then no more commitments until I sign. 

New level of FUPM going on here.

He’s just mailing it in at this point. He’s like the 25-year middle manager who realizes he’s never going to make VP, has maxed out in comp, sees all the corporate dysfunction, knows that nothing he does makes a difference to the company or the greater good, and doesn’t like anyone he works with. Sure, he’ll show up 9ish to 4ish, and make the mandatory meetings, fill out his weekly reports, but he’s done, and everyone knows that. 

9617b55c1406b8c7b1fd7c20d91cd246.gif
  • Haha 7

On 9/28/2024 at 6:51 AM, Victor R. Franko said:

So what's to keep a player/recruit from using the Dickerson end around? Tell A&M everything they want to hear, place fat bag here. Commit on the pool party one day special, place fat bag here. Meanwhile negotiate with desirable team that may win something during my time there. Post negotiations, de-Commit and sign up with a legit NIL deal above board and IRS compliant. 

When aggy complains I tell them what Dickerson did. You want me to tell everyone where I got this money and why?

If I was a stud recruit, I'd be tempted to do this, seems like easy money to me. Easy CASH money that disappears as gasoline, toys, clothes, booze, restaurant meals, computers for family and friends. Bag droppers seem like they want this type of compensation from a player/recruit. 

Bag Droppers playing the bag game in the time of legit above board NIL contracts, IMHO will get you broke. A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place.

It usually boils down to the uncle, or the trainer, or whoever it is facilitating the transaction. They will never get paid again in the future if their "client" takes the money and signs elsewhere. So the trainer exerts enough pressure on the kid with threats, innuendo, or whatever it takes to make sure that they don't sign elsewhere.