Longhorn Network

TXs

Two points of interest I took from it as it relates to football (and beyond already knowing they will carry post game pressers and Monday pressers):

-LHN app will have live stats of games along with Craig Way’s radio broadcast

-they are “still exploring the opportunities for pre and post game shows” (I hope they get this squared away as mdmost and I always watched the post-game show right through the handing out of their weekly “awards”)
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/24/2024 at 10:11 AM, n64ra said:

If they air games that SEC Network passes on, I'll watch. If it's just reruns of games, I'll probably skip it.

As fa as I can tell, they will not have the rights to air any live games, regardless of whether they're broadcast somewhere else or not. Live football statcast is clearly stated as being available, but I'm unsure as to what they mean by "play by play" radio. Is that for all games, all sports (except when there's a conflict between two sports)? Is it just the regular OTA radio broadcasts that have always been available locally (or non-locally with the right app)? That seems most likely to me, but hopefully it's more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

As fa as I can tell, they will not have the rights to air any live games, regardless of whether they're broadcast somewhere else or not. Live football statcast is clearly stated as being available, but I'm unsure as to what they mean by "play by play" radio. Is that for all games, all sports (except when there's a conflict between two sports)? Is it just the regular OTA radio broadcasts that have always been available locally (or non-locally with the right app)? That seems most likely to me, but hopefully it's more. 

I have a feeling it's no live sports. ESPN will push all that to ESPN+ so we have to pay.

I think this is beginning to fall into overthinking territory.

It’s nothing they haven’t done already. Game on another network? Great! Here’s a pre-game, halftime, and post-game. While the game is going on, they throw up stats and pipe in the radio broadcast.

And games will be on ABC, ESPN “family” (1/2/SEC/U/etc), or ESPN+.

Sports outside football that saw LHN before, will now be on ESPN+ (or espn3, whatever they decide to call it.)

Do we have or shouldn’t we have an SEC NEWS tab or link for posting other secsec fodder?

SEC Network goes LIVE from Texas
As part of our move to the Southeastern Conference, we are excited to welcome our friends from SEC Network to the Forty Acres this Sunday.  Beginning at 5 p.m., join co-hosts Laura Rutledge and Peter Burns for SEC Now: Live from Texas for full coverage of the day’s activities including insight from Jordan Rodgers, Roman Harper, Paul Finebaum, Marty Smith and Jimmy Dykes.  Yours truly and many of our head coaches will be making guest appearances throughout the day, and we’d love to have you join us on national TV!

In addition, SEC Network invites all fans to visit the SEC Open House. Located on the South Mall lawn, you can experience live games, studio programming, photo ops and more with six different rooms that will take you on a journey inspired by the SEC Network’s rich history and programming.  

18 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do we have or shouldn’t we have an SEC NEWS tab or link for posting other secsec fodder?

SEC Network goes LIVE from Texas
As part of our move to the Southeastern Conference, we are excited to welcome our friends from SEC Network to the Forty Acres this Sunday.  Beginning at 5 p.m., join co-hosts Laura Rutledge and Peter Burns for SEC Now: Live from Texas for full coverage of the day’s activities including insight from Jordan Rodgers, Roman Harper, Paul Finebaum, Marty Smith and Jimmy Dykes.  Yours truly and many of our head coaches will be making guest appearances throughout the day, and we’d love to have you join us on national TV!

In addition, SEC Network invites all fans to visit the SEC Open House. Located on the South Mall lawn, you can experience live games, studio programming, photo ops and more with six different rooms that will take you on a journey inspired by the SEC Network’s rich history and programming.  

finebaum is a douche.  even lowell galindo is less irritating.

• Hook 'Em 5

SEC network showing  Texas games from last year starting at midnight and all day tomorrow leading up to the live broadcast from Campus.   

aggy to claim we’ve hijacked the SEC Network and destroyIng the conference.  

Why would they bitch about that? They did the same thing for them.

Wait no they didn’t.