This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-state-football-helmets-to-have-qr-codes-for-fans-linking-to-nil-donation-page-185217314.html

Last week, Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy told players to stop asking for more NIL money.

On Tuesday, he endorsed a program asking fans to provide more NIL money.

Oklahoma State announced on Tuesday that players' football helmets this fall will have QR codes that link to a campaign for name, image and likeness fundraising. The codes will be 1.5 square inches and placed on the back of players' helmets.

Why the ever living fuck do you all let this dick face talk? Gundy literally said you can start negotiating again in December! Why would any coach want a player more interested in negotiating mid season instead of winning games and playing well which is how you increase your value? I’m sure he also mocked the QR codes. “Gundy doesn’t play NIL which is bad…and he shouldn’t play NIL with QR codes that allow players to get money directly mid season.” He’s such a dumb worthless sack of shit. 

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2024/08/21/paul-finebaum-why-in-the-world-would-you-go-play-for-mike-gundy/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR291lmAXVJsfDbzTnmpPUMjMslZfwb_AkQgvYHDZW7amjOskXwaIY_2Q54_aem_BF6zMjMzDiGwaKXfCMVRAA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Not gonna lie, I would absolutely love it as a microcosm of modern technology and monetization of football if Gundy added multiple QR codes like Buckeyes on Ohio State. 

Whether the tech can go there or not, there would be real issues associated to specific player performance-related compensation. That's one of the few no-no's that the NCAA still has a leg to stand on with enforcement. 

In this case I think the codes link to OSU general athletic fund so legally, wouldn't that be okay? And don't tell me that Ohio State wouldn't get butt hurt about mocking the sticker system (and yes I know that they're not the only school that does it, just the most obnoxious), which is just added bonus.

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Don't you have to be pretty close to scan a QR code?  Closer than most fans get to players most of the time?  Seems like a gimmick.

It would probably work on some screen shots from the broadcast, but I think it's more about the buzz, and the announcers will bring it up a lot and show close ups. If someone is interested they can just google it, which will be far more common. This is the landing page, and yes, you can designate it for particular players, though it goes through the general NIL fund.

https://www.pokeswithapurpose.com/saddleup

Edited by 'stache

28 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

In this case I think the codes link to OSU general athletic fund so legally, wouldn't that be okay? And don't tell me that Ohio State wouldn't get butt hurt about mocking the sticker system (and yes I know that they're not the only school that does it, just the most obnoxious), which is just added bonus.

Yes, that's okay. I was replying to the idea of anything specific to a player's output being added to their helmet for folks to scan regarding just them. When you made the Ohio State sticker reference, I inferred that the QR codes would serve a similar purposes when added (a kudos for performance).

18 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

... crazy that the portal opens up before CFB playoffs are over.

More like stupid, than crazy. 

Unless... you're gonna be able to get transfers in while playoffs in progress? Hahahaha!

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes, that's okay. I was replying to the idea of anything specific to a player's output being added to their helmet for folks to scan regarding just them. When you made the Ohio State sticker reference, I inferred that the QR codes would serve a similar purposes when added (a kudos for performance).

hey random special teams player, great TD saving tackle... heres $20 go buy 1 beer at a bar.  cause thats how much a beer is now

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Big game Saturday...

Screenshot_20240902-121440_kindlephoto-5236987.thumb.png.6c55ec4647a82055b1d990923ceeb444.png

The Cowboys and Razorbacks will kick off at 11 a.m. Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium. The game will be broadcast on ABC.

Pretty interesting that both Arkansas and SDSU both opened as 9-point dogs. I think the SDSU ended up getting pushed to like 10.5.  Will be interesting to see where the money goes on this game.

I personally would take Arkansas and the points. This game feels like a classic one-possession Gundy game.

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Gundy is doing it again.  Not sure how but he keeps that a top 20 program on his own terms.  Wily bastard…

Gundy going back in time with his doo with the Mike Brady 70's perm. I guess next is long hair hippy freak 60's doo followed by clean cut Brill cream Ward Cleaver doo.  He should be ready to retire by then unless he goes with WWII doo which would be just be a crew cut.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Gundy is doing it again.  Not sure how but he keeps that a top 20 program on his own terms.  Wily bastard…

High floor low ceiling. Rankings between 15 and 20 is our sweet spot. I expect we’ll have another good year recordwise and still find a way to fall short of a conference title. And it will be in brutal fashion, we’ll run through Arky, Utah, and KSU, and lose to some bullshit like BYU and let Prime put a fork in us after Thanksgiving. Same is it’s been for 20 fucking years.

Edited by 'stache

39 minutes ago, 'stache said:

High floor low ceiling. Rankings between 15 and 20 is our sweet spot. I expect we’ll have another good year recordwise and still find a way to fall short of a conference title. And it will be in brutal fashion, we’ll run through Arky, Utah, and KSU, and lose to some bullshit like BYU and let Prime put a fork in us after Thanksgiving. Same is it’s been for 20 fucking years.

What the fuck is this line of thinking? We wandered for 13 years in the wilderness and don’t even talk like this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is this line of thinking? We wandered for 13 years in the wilderness and don’t even talk like this. 

Thirteen years? That’s cute. The wilderness is like 80% of our history, and our peak was one conference title in 2011. I’m real happy that we’re relevant these days but our ceiling has been pretty firmly capped.

29 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Thirteen years? That’s cute. The wilderness is like 80% of our history, and our peak was one conference title in 2011. I’m real happy that we’re relevant these days but our ceiling has been pretty firmly capped.

I wish most OSU fans shared your line of thinking. 

2 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I wish most OSU fans shared your line of thinking. 

Lol, wut? I know very few OSU fans who think otherwise, including those who have come of age since Gundy took over. We do have eternal scoreboard in Bedlam, so tough shit, we ain't letting that one go, ever. Fuck ou.

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Lol, wut? I know very few OSU fans who think otherwise, including those who have come of age since Gundy took over. We do have eternal scoreboard in Bedlam, so tough shit, we ain't letting that one go, ever. Fuck ou.

I really am glad you have that last win to hang your hat on. If not you would have nothing to say, not one thing. But it did suck to lose that game. You must know the pain well, you have felt it way more times than me. But now that mommy and daddy left you in the Big12 you can go back to be the irrelevant team that you have been your whole life. But you did win the last bedlam. Congrats!

1 minute ago, Pdawg88 said:

I really am glad you have that last win to hang your hat on. If not you would have nothing to say, not one thing. But it did suck to lose that game. You must know the pain well, you have felt it way more times than me. But now that mommy and daddy left you in the Big12 you can go back to be the irrelevant team that you have been your whole life. But you did win the last bedlam. Congrats!

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, lol. This shit ain't that fucking serious.

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Struggles with running the ball and cowboys defense giving up over 600yds to Arky offense is not a good look for okie lite... 

heard talking heads this morning asking are cowboys in trouble???  

Screenshot_20240908-082038_kindlephoto-22078552.png.b02137793381c4bb9b519493e14e5af2.png

That was the most Gundyist of Gundy wins ever.

Play like ass for a half and look like you have no chance, but then somehow, someway figure out how to pull the game out of the fire.

Just another one to add to his ridiculous record in one-possession games, and take yet another few years off the shelf-life of my liver.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oklahoma State football's Mike Gundy voices frustration with SEC officials vs. Arkansas

Oh, the irony ...

Spoiler

Oklahoma State football's Mike Gundy voices frustration with SEC officials vs. Arkansas

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy was bothered by a call made by the Southeastern Conference officiating crew that erased an opportunity for the Cowboys to run out the clock late in their 39-31 double-overtime win against Arkansas on Saturday at Boone Pickens Stadium. 

OSU was flagged for illegal motion — rather than Arkansas being called for offsides — on a play Gundy says his team has run multiple times before. Had the call gone against Arkansas, OSU would’ve had a first down, and with Arkansas out of timeouts, the Pokes could’ve run virtually all of the remaining 59 seconds off the clock before attempting a go-ahead field goal.

Instead, OSU had to kick the field goal on the next play, which left Arkansas 55 seconds to go down the field for the field goal that forced overtime.

“That's an SEC crew,” Gundy said. “We've done it before. We did it all preseason in scrimmages with Big 12 crews and it didn't get called. So Steve Shaw's the head of officiating and he needs to fix it. He needs to get them all in one room and have everybody have the same (rules). That's the way I see it.”

Shaw, the college football officials’ national coordinator, previously headed up officiating in the SEC. 

The crew was from the SEC as part of the game contract between OSU and Arkansas. When OSU plays the return game at Arkansas in 2027, Big 12 officials will call the game.

Gundy said he was most bothered by the inconsistency of how the play was called, asking for a clear ruling on the play.

“In my opinion, they need to have all officiating crews in one room going over the rules, so we don't have issues like that,” Gundy said.

On the play, OSU lined up for fourth-and-4 at the Arkansas 15-yard line. Quarterback Alan Bowman clapped as a fake signal, which the Cowboys often do to try to induce defensive linemen to jump. When Bowman clapped, tight end Quentin Stewart went in motion to his right.

Stewart’s motion caused Arkansas defensive end Anton Juncaj to jump. His movement led OSU offensive tackle Dalton Cooper to move as well, and that’s when the flag came in.

The head line judge ran in and initially signaled offsides on Arkansas. However, the umpire entered the conversation and could be seen on the TV broadcast discussing Stewart’s motion on Bowman’s clap. 

It was ruled to be illegal motion, and thus, a 5-yard penalty on OSU, setting up the dramatic double-overtime finish.

“The explanation to me was, 'You can't do that,'” Gundy said. “But we've done it before. So there's the issue you have with officiating crews.”

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The box score for this Okie State/Arkansas game is one of the craziest we’ll see all year. Didn’t get to watch because I was at the game in Ann Arbor so it’s hard to even understand. 

Yeah it's crazy.

But really what it came down to was that Arkansas didn't get NEARLY the lead they should have in the first half when they were completely and utterly dominant. The way that first half went, the score should have been something like 28-0 or 35-0, but it was just 21-7 because of the pick six and OSU started to kind of stabilize things toward the end of the second quarter.

So Arkansas' huge disparity in total yardage was really all just the first half, where they out-gained us 342 to 93. And to show you just how bad it was, 55 of OSU's 93 yards came on the opening drive of the game. So after the opening drive basically we did nothing on offense for the entire first half as Arkansas marched up and down the field. And yet they were only up 21-7 because of the pick six.

The second half was more how I thought the full game might actually go. OSU actually out-gained Arkansas in the second half, 292 to 277 and outscored them 24-10. (prior to OT)

And, of course, the 3 turnovers helped, although Bowman did also throw one INT so we were +2 on turnovers.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Arkansas literally fucked themselves on the final drive of regulation. Wasted 20 seconds at least by not downing the ball after some first downs. So braindead.

Yeah and on top of that, they got lucky on that last dumb pass before their FG attempt.  Had the guy caught it, time would have expired before they could get the FG team on to the field.

They felt like a team that is wildly talented but somewhat undisciplined and sloppy. I could see them pulling a big upset on someone if they can manage to play 60 minutes of clean football.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The box score for this Okie State/Arkansas game is one of the craziest we’ll see all year. Didn’t get to watch because I was at the game in Ann Arbor so it’s hard to even understand. 

I was digging through it and what it hides are:

Arkansas was only -2 on turnovers, but they also failed 2 4th down attempts (vs 1 for OSU) and they muffed a punt, which turned into an Ok-State TD. It effectively made them -4 on turnovers.

The real head scratcher to me is why they went for a 4th down in regulation after OSU tied it up. It was 21 all, they had a big play that got them to the OSU 30. They woudl face a 4th and 5 and went for it. They should have stopped the bleading and scored points. Instead OSU had momentum with a stop and would go up 28-21 a few plays later.

😂 I'm a Man, I'm over 40 is entertaining 😂

Screenshot_20240911-065824_kindlephoto-22338740.png.d553a8ba6424edd33186213fd71e1e9c.png

Screenshot_20240911-065951_kindlephoto-22424616.png.954f0948767aa8eea48e3edf09b75955.png

Mike Gundy has his nationally ranked Oklahoma State squad 2-0 after a captivating, come-from-behind overtime-win at home last Saturday against former rival Arkansas.

And Gundy continues to be electric behind a microphone, with a recent stretch including a candid appearance on ESPN's Pat McAfee Show in which Gundy predicted college football would break away into its own entity and additional post-practice press conferences.

Monday, two days after his team's 39-31 win, Gundy was asked to recount the tale of how the Cowboys landed super-senior defensive lineman Obi Ezeigbo out of the NCAA Transfer Portal.

"Do you want me to go back into coach-talk, or do you want me to tell you the truth?," Gundy asks a room of reporters.

After a chorus of "The truth," Gundy delivers.

"He was very inexpensive," Gundy said. "The number of players that we go after that were ready to play at this level, we can't afford (via Name, Image and Likeness funds).

"So, he was a good buy and a really quality young man that had had success and has physical characteristics that we could work with, raw glass, and develop him. And so that's why he ended up here, in my opinion."

Ezeigbo had a Herculean defensive effort in Oklahoma State's win against Arkansas; he notched nine tackles, including 3.5 tackles for losses with two of them quarterback sacks that resulted in 19 lost yards for the Razorbacks.

He's a 6-foot-2 Ewing, New Jersey, native who spent the first four years of his collegiate career at NCAA Division II program Gannon University in Pennsylvania

In other candid comments on Monday, Gundy also playfully chided a local reporter as being a "homer" and said, "Honestly, they (Arkansas receivers) were running wide open.

"We're honest here. There's no reason anybody should come to these press conferences if we're going to bullshit each other. So the point being is that they were running wide open. The good news is, it's fixable."

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL Gundy was cooking at that press conference.

He's been loose most of the preseason too, which used to mean he knew he had a good team. In down years he was far grumpier during press conferences. I hope that holds true this year. I believe him that the secondary shit is fixable, we find ways every year it seems. Also Robert Allen is insufferable, he talks for 3 minutes, then just stops as though he thinks he asked a question when he did not. I'm 100% certain that it wasn't intended or received as an insult as between them but the rest of us are laughing at that fat tub of goo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2024 at 10:42 AM, Tex Long said:

More like stupid, than crazy. 

Unless... you're gonna be able to get transfers in while playoffs in progress? Hahahaha!

This happened with Washington. They had a portal TE that watched the playoffs against us and the NC game, and after Deboer left, I think he transferred to Bama ( not sure about that last one, but they did have a portal TE that was able to watch the games on the sidelines). 

28 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I turn 40 today. 

i am now a man. 💪🏻

Can’t play a sport without stretching for longer than the actual time playing the sport. 

but damn. I’m 40. Sounds weird to say 

Happy birthday, man. 

• Hook 'Em 1