This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I turn 40 today. 

i am now a man. 💪🏻

Can’t play a sport without stretching for longer than the actual time playing the sport. 

but damn. I’m 40. Sounds weird to say 

you're not a man until we see your epic press conference rant

On 9/9/2024 at 11:59 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

Arkansas literally fucked themselves on the final drive of regulation. Wasted 20 seconds at least by not downing the ball after some first downs. So braindead.

Gundy certainly is good at winning close games -- hawgs on the other hand are often an inept team. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We have several non-conference series coming up against better teams than OU.

Several? Unless I'm missing something, you have four total non-conference games that would fit that narrative: home and homes against Oregon and Bama. Not 4 series, 4 total games. I'm sure those matchups will mean just as much as playing your in state rival. But Tulsa is on the schedule going forward. I guess that makes up for it?

23 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Why should they play OU? “Choices have consequences” works both ways. 

Because nobody nationally is going to give a rat's ass about 95% of the games Oklahoma State plays. That's one that people will tune in for. It's not hurting OU's profile to miss out on Bedlam. Gundy is 3-15 against them. He's just being a pussy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Several? Unless I'm missing something, you have four total non-conference games that would fit that narrative: home and homes against Oregon and Bama. Not 4 series, 4 total games. I'm sure those matchups will mean just as much as playing your in state rival. But Tulsa is on the schedule going forward. I guess that makes up for it?

Because nobody nationally is going to give a rat's ass about 95% of the games Oklahoma State plays. That's one that people will tune in for. It's not hurting OU's profile to miss out on Bedlam. Gundy is 3-15 against them. He's just being a pussy.

They just need to win their conference. If they do, they’re in the playoffs. If they don’t, playing OU probably isn’t going to help them.

JFC, this shit again? Gundy is right that these get scheduled way in advance. We have Oregon home and away the next two years that was scheduled like a decade ago, then a return trip to Arkansas, then Bama home and home. We also have another Arky home and home scheduled for 2032 and 2033 and Nebraska 2034 and 2035. That's how far out these things are scheduled. I said it a bunch of times, I think Bedlam gets played home and home 2030 and 2031 since we don't have a P4 non-con for those years. OU has an opening in 2031 and has Nebraska in 2030 which they can keep or move (maybe) if needed or find ways to make some changes that far into the future to make it work for both sides. It's also not true that OU said "yeah lets just add it home and home forever going forward." They might imply that but only Gundy will be honest, it doesn't work that way in football. And for the "OSU sucks and nobody cares" crowd, wouldn't it be consistent that they wouldn't want or need to play the game since it's a bigger deal for us than it is for them? (on paper at least, their fans care, and denying that they care is part of the rivalry). We already have a basketball game scheduled for next year at the Paycom Center and I can guarantee you a Bedlam matchup will happen in baseball, either a weekend series or home and home midweek games. We already played them this year in soccer and will probably have a series in softball. The athletic departments still get along just fine.  

Edited by 'stache

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

JFC, this shit again? Gundy is right that these get scheduled way in advance. We have Oregon home and away the next two years that was scheduled like a decade ago, then a return trip to Arkansas, then Bama home and home. We also have another Arky home and home scheduled for 2032 and 2033 and Nebraska 2034 and 2035. That's how far out these things are scheduled. I said it a bunch of times, I think Bedlam gets played home and home 2030 and 2031 since we don't have a P4 non-con for those years. OU has an opening in 2031 and has Nebraska in 2030 which they can keep or move (maybe) if needed or find ways to make some changes that far into the future to make it work for both sides. It's also not true that OU said "yeah lets just add it home and home forever going forward." They might imply that but only Gundy will be honest, it doesn't work that way in football. And for the "OSU sucks and nobody cares" crowd, wouldn't it be consistent that they wouldn't want or need to play the game since it's a bigger deal for us than it is for them? (on paper at least, their fans care, and denying that they care is part of the rivalry). We already have a basketball game scheduled for next year at the Paycom Center and I can guarantee you a Bedlam matchup will happen in baseball, either a weekend series or home and home midweek games. We already played them this year in soccer and will probably have a series in softball. The athletic departments still get along just fine.  

So much this.

But the same three people that bring this stupid bullshit up over and over again won't acknowledge this next 20 times it comes up either. 

Bedlam football will absolutely happen again but it won't be until the mid-2030s, NO DIFFERENT than any other new P4 team we chose to schedule for non-conference.

Like if we wanted to start new series with Ole Miss or Ohio State or Tennessee or whoever, it wouldn't happen until the mid 2030s at the earliest either. I'm not sure what's so fucking difficult to understand about that, given that it's been the norm in P4 non-conference scheduling for... let's see... the last several fucking decades.