Tell Me About Arkansas

Vic Mackey

25 minutes ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I thought that was the punter in the NFL, but I may be mis-remembering

Quick search this was the most recent thing I could find.

Spoiler

Editor’s Note: KTAB and KRBC are choosing to redact the identity of the defendant in the lawsuit because no criminal charges have been filed.

PARKER COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A more than $1 million lawsuit has been filed against a woman accused of contributing to an anonymous Instagram account that detailed sexual assault allegations against a former University of Arkansas quarterback, causing to get him kicked out of the football program.

In the lawsuit, plaintiff Kade Renfro and his attorney say the false allegations have cost Renfro his reputation and career as a collegiate and even professional football player.

‘He has been labeled a rapist on every major news network’: Arkansas QB Kade Renfro, attorney break silence on Instagram sexual assault allegations

Renfro and the defendant* began seeing each other in August of 2022, and during that time, the lawsuit states they would create explicit videos.

Around January 2023, the lawsuit claims the defendant asked for the full explicit video so she could upload it to a website that sells explicit content. Renfro then blocked her from all communication.

The lawsuit states the defendant then began posting defamatory information on the kaderenfroabuse Instagram account, including his cell phone number and other personal information.

She also, according to the lawsuit, “aided in perpetuating the belief that some pictures stolen by the creator of the site were real and inferred they were her and shared private, consensual photos of Austin Kade Renfro without his permission or consent.”

‘I was getting death threats’: Former Arkansas QB Kade Renfro, Attorney say Instagram page with sexual abuse allegations is fake

Renfro and his attorney believe she did this as revenge for ending their relationship.

This defendant is also accused of making defamatory remarks about Renfro on other public sites such as www.change.org.

The lawsuit states these remarks, “[injured Renfro’s] reputation and [injured] him in his college football career and any prospective NFL career in the future.

Renfro is seeking more than $1 million plus punitive damages for mental anguish, injury to his character and reputation, loss of earning capacity, loss of his ability to continue education, and loss of income.

Read the full lawsuit in the document below:

kade renfro lawsuit 060623 blacked outDownload

As of June 6, 2023, no criminal charges have been filed against Kade Renfro. However, he was immediately terminated from the University of Arkansas football program as soon as the allegations surfaced on Instagram.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Shumway said:

I thought that was the punter in the NFL, but I may be mis-remembering

The Buffalo kicker? I don’t really remember that story either. I know the Arkansas guy isn’t my kind of guy, but the accusations from the woman online were proven to be false or at least highly suspect. That’s about all I remember. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There was a whole thread on that guy and his issues. The accuser ended up being full of shit on a bunch of the stuff, even if the player looks like a despicable version of a frat bro himself. I can't remember the thread title or whatever, but it's worth the scan if you're interested. It's not anything close to the Duke Lacrosse scandal, but it is a lot closer to that than Baylor. 

Most of it played out on page 11 of this thread if you want to get into the nitty gritty. I don't think it was discussed on this thread but all the photos on the Instagram page showing women that were attacked by him were just photos of other random attacks that could be found online.

His attorneys actually released a statement today.  Maybe this thread triggered it, lol.

https://www.kaderenfrotruth.com/

What is crazy is the parents paying off girls he raped. 
As a father of two boys and a girl I am not accepting cash if my daughter got raped and I am not protecting my son from their consequences if they raped someone. 

No wonder kid did it again at Arky, never faced any accountability for his actions. 

I think the question might be how much money. If it’s enough money to pay for someone to disappear his ass and feed him alive to a pen of starving hogs…