• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nnm

• crash_davis

• Armybrat

• Longboard Horn

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

IMG_1149.jpeg.3c6d099331eefbc5cb8b6f3680b76921.jpeg

This was my hog as a kid. Did plenty of stupid jumps with lumber and cinder blocks. Had a single seater go kart too and built a ramp with plywood and cinder blocks. The wood flexed when I hit it and it launched me what felt like straight up. Came down flat and knocked the wind out of me. Never saw my cousin laugh so hard. 

Some things never change 

Posted (edited)

In my 'hood back in the mid-90's, Diamondback Viper was the baseline-level acceptable BMX bike. Anything less would get you ridiculed. Show up on a mountain bike or something and you might as well give yourself a wedgie. 

Kids with parents with a little more money had Mongooses. 

Rich kids would have something like a Robinson or Dyno.

Edited by Storm the Field

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

China's highest waterfall is a fake.

I mean, nobody's gonna reference the song "Don't go Chasing Waterfalls" by The Li Chinese, aka TLC?  This fucking site used to mean something to people!  

8 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Watched Rad a couple of years ago on it's 35th Anniversary at Alamo Drafthouse with Cru Jones doing a Q/A after.  Have a RAD! Jones jersey too.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I feel bad for laughing.

I came here to post this.  Yes, it's a guilty pleasure to chuckle at these poor ladies' misfortune.  But it is amusing.  I guess if we can laugh at Carter failing his rock ramp jump with a potential broken arm, we can laugh at this.  

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

IMG_1149.jpeg.3c6d099331eefbc5cb8b6f3680b76921.jpeg

This was my hog as a kid. Did plenty of stupid jumps with lumber and cinder blocks. Had a single seater go kart too and built a ramp with plywood and cinder blocks. The wood flexed when I hit it and it launched me what felt like straight up. Came down flat and knocked the wind out of me. Never saw my cousin laugh so hard. 

Do you even Diamondback Viper though, brah? 

I finally convinced DNAdad to drop some serious $ on a bike the summer between DNApreteen's 5th and 6th grade year. Replaced my super sweet Dr. Shock mountain bike, but all the kids had bmx style bikes then and I had to get one too. Lest I be gay-wad (it was the mid 90's man. I didn't make the rules)

Couldn't afford anything other than the entry Viper though.

I still have scars on my shins from the metal petals that must have been molded from Cerberus' mouth.

So many adventures to the woods, the drainage ditch, DNAfriend's house with a pool, the community pool, other DNAbuddy who swiped a copy of his dad's Crocodile Blondie VHS AND had a Sega CD, AND had HBO, AND had AOL, AND was able to watch Beavis and Butthead. His parents also had a Sam's membership which meant we could eat an endless supply of frozen chicken patty sandwiches with a seemingly limitless supply of Dr. Pepper. I wasn't poor by any means, but my parents weren't HBO, AOL. and Sam's Club killing it like DNAbuddy's parents. Did I mention Crocodile Blondie?! That was a distinctive fulcrum point in my adolescence... well really my life when I think about it.

I remember watching a ton of baseball games b/c of Cal Ripken Jr and Albert Belle was mashing, Baseball wasn't striking. Amazing.

Summer 1995 was the tits man.

• Like 1

Those gals are all Norwegians on their “Russ” debauchery. When high school ends, they get a bus, all wear matching outfits (see the jumpsuits) and engage in drunken debauchery for a week or two. It’s a brilliant tradition.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I feel bad for laughing.

I almost never say this 

FAKE 

this woman emerges from the fucking bush with her foot in a rock and her momentum somehow carries her to the right where she’s also expecting to catch the stair handle? Then hubby just lurches to the stairs knowing he doesn’t need to go down. 

Edited by B00M
Even grandma looks like an imposter

40 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Those gals are all Norwegians on their “Russ” debauchery. When high school ends, they get a bus, all wear matching outfits (see the jumpsuits) and engage in drunken debauchery for a week or two. It’s a brilliant tradition.

I encourage the continuation of this tradition

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And BTW how did YOU know about this?

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hosted a Norwegian exchange student a few years back, are still close with her and her family, have visited them over there, etc. Russ isn’t exactly a state secret.

It’s true. I traveled to and from, worked in, and lived for short stints in Norway for 12 years. Basically it’s state and parent-sanctioned co-ed bacchanalia for a couple of weeks. They buy a bus (handed down from the class ahead), paint it ridiculously, outfit it with kegs and other instruments of intoxication, all wear goofy overalls decorated in goofy ways, drive up to the mountains, drink unbelievable amounts, and see how much debauchery they can survive for a couple of weeks after graduation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, nnm said:

It’s true. I traveled to and from, worked in, and lived for short stints in Norway for 12 years. Basically it’s state and parent-sanctioned co-ed bacchanalia for a couple of weeks. They buy a bus (handed down from the class ahead), paint it ridiculously, outfit it with kegs and other instruments of intoxication, all wear goofy overalls decorated in goofy ways, drive up to the mountains, drink unbelievable amounts, and see how much debauchery they can survive for a couple of weeks after graduation. 

Soooo...it's Rumspringa European style! Dammit I should have known taking that trip in high school that routed us through Switzerland should have been through Sweden. (Not that I didn't engage in debauchery in other parts of Europe as a 17 year old, but damn!)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I am not kidding. This is 100% true.  The girl in the middle just won Miss Alabama.

Because she's representative of the state's population, or because she equals its landmass? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Because she's representative of the state's population, or because she equals its landmass? 

4 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

She still has all her teeth

I like this game.

Roll Fried!

Miss USS Alabama 

Miss AlaBBWama

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5