Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, futureman said:

well I don’t get it.  I’ve driven straight through three deer in the hill country going ~60mph and no damage to speak of.  f150.

I was watching right for deer, jackrabbit came from my left; destroyed the bumper cover, the air dam, and both interior and exterior front fender (left).  My F150 probably would have shrugged it off, too.  Besides, body work is hellaciously expensive because insurance is involved………….

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nnm

• crash_davis

• Armybrat

• Longboard Horn

4 hours ago, futureman said:

well I don’t get it.  I’ve driven straight through three deer in the hill country going ~60mph and no damage to speak of.  f150.

Exactly what @SquishMitten said.  Wrong place.  Wrong time.  Wrong point of impact.  Heck, just this past winter, my wife backed into my truck (same truck) with her Expedition.  Hit the steel Ranch Hand bumper right in the corner.  Barely a scratch to my bumper.  $4,500 worth of damage to her bumper and lift gate and.  That was going <10 mph.  But, it affected several different pieces of body paneling and creased them enough where they had to be replaced.  Shit's expensive.  And my wife sucks at driving.

18 hours ago, nnm said:

Good for you. Let your freak flag fly. 

9 hours ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

did it manage to ruin your designer purse?

Hah!  I’ve heard it all.  Best British sports car ever built.  Besides, I have discovered that an old guy, very grey and hatted can drive like a maniac and LEO just yawn.  Needs a 4th set of tires at 73,000, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The Miata as "British" sports car is a common reference. It was designed to be like old British sports cars, but being Japanese instead of British it actually reliably works.

The first mx-5 was heavily influenced by Lotus.

• Hook 'Em 3

Miata talk not going away.

And I for one welcome the conversation. I LOVED my 93 black & tan and am still sad I sold it more than 15 years ago. The shifter and clutch were sublime, and I knew just how much to blip the throttle to make the tail whip around. Fun times.

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 8:25 AM, Spaulding Smails said:

F350.  It wasn't a love-tap.  It was 80 mph smack-dab in the middle of the bumper / grille without even thinking about slowing down.  

Sub in a turkey 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/6/2024 at 2:36 PM, Hawndoh said:

The Miata as "British" sports car is a common reference. It was designed to be like old British sports cars, but being Japanese instead of British it actually reliably works.

The first mx-5 was heavily influenced by Lotus.

My ride was influenced by Yunogo.

377$$IMG_1638.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

He's lucky it was locked. He wasn't making it to the toilet. He woulda ended up cleaning a large indoor mess and likely soiled carpet.

with a clear path you always make it to the toilet in those situations.  your asshole has a toilet gps on it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

with a clear path you always make it to the toilet in those situations.  your asshole has a toilet gps on it.

Even if you make it to the toilet you may still be a dead man walking. You can't clench your butt cheeks when you commit to squatting. You can still 'make it' to the toilet only to end up painting the seat on your way down and sitting in your own shit.
Ask me how I know this... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

Even if you make it to the toilet you may still be a dead man walking. You can't clench your butt cheeks when you commit to squatting. You can still 'make it' to the toilet only to end up painting the seat on your way down and sitting in your own shit.
Ask me how I know this... 

Based on your avatar, I'd suggest not going for the upper decker next time.

It may have been from trying to get the tank cover off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Armybrat said:

My ride was influenced by Yunogo.

377$$IMG_1638.jpeg

I had a cousin who inherited a beautiful one of these from my uncle.  Of course, cousin had it about five minutes before he wrapped it around a tree.  Not sure how he and his passenger survived.  Dumb luck I'd imagine.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/6/2024 at 3:31 PM, Superhero said:

You know I thought this was a joke until I we had a temp receptionist who was vegan.

Every friendly conversation on Monday started with me "yada yada, how was your weekend?". Followed by "It was great, we went up to LA to try this vegan restaurant".

At that point, I would say "great" and go get my coffee and not talk to her until the following week.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

You know I thought this was a joke until I we had a temp receptionist who was vegan.

Every friendly conversation on Monday started with me "yada yada, how was your weekend?". Followed by "It was great, we went up to LA to try this vegan restaurant".

At that point, I would say "great" and go get my coffee and not talk to her until the following week.

You just quoted yourself to tell this story. Sounds pretty vegan.

• Like 1