• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nnm

• crash_davis

• Armybrat

• Longboard Horn

9 hours ago, 52-80 said:

isnt that a ketamine k-hole or whatever

I'm no expert and aged out of the game just as ket was making the rounds but with a bit more jaw movements and lip checks, i would have bet good money it was peruvian nose boogers. But you're right, she is doing things that powder doesn't always cause so i'm open for suggestions.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm no expert and aged out of the game just as ket was making the rounds but with a bit more jaw movements and lip checks, i would have bet good money it was peruvian nose boogers. But you're right, she is doing things that powder doesn't always cause so i'm open for suggestions.

MDMA
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, huge said:

MDMA

Fair guess but anecdotally real ecstasy (which was partly mdma at best during my time I guess and now I’m hearing way different from Molly) made me happy and dance-y. Not really facial tiks outside of smiling. But hey, always down to learn new things!

• Like 1

I'm curious whether anyone else had a similar experience with They Might Be Giants. 

I enjoyed their music for a good while during my adolescence, but then one day I guess I just had enough. It was like a switch flipped. I don't hate them or anything, but I somehow went from liking them to complete indifference. It would be okay with me if I never heard any of it again. 

I had the same experience with watching Law & Order and it's progeny - just unexpectedly but definitively exceeded a threshold one day. 

Anyone else suddenly grow weary of the TMBG whimsy? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

15 hours ago, achooloco said:

Yeah, I’m thinking some dirty MDMA with a hefty distribution of methamphetamine

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm curious whether anyone else had a similar experience with They Might Be Giants. 
I enjoyed their music for a good while during my adolescence, but then one day I guess I just had enough. It was like a switch flipped. I don't hate them or anything, but I somehow went from liking them to complete indifference. It would be okay with me if I never heard any of it again. 
I had the same experience with watching Law & Order and it's progeny - just unexpectedly but definitively exceeded a threshold one day. 

I found out about them in the late 80s randomly forgot about them and then was reminded of them by Tiny Toons…. With Istanbul & Particle Man

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Now that you mention it, I can't think of the last time I sought out TMBG music, and I was a big fan in my late teens and early 20s.  But since you mentioned them, I spent a bit of time in the YouTube memory hole and "Flood" still stands up as a very enjoyable album, and "Your Racist Friend" has never been more relevant.

• Hook 'Em 2

America, "Look at his stance, all wrong.  Wrong caliber weapon for that kinda distance.  Needs to sight-up better.  Just all kinds of wrong here."

Turkish Guy, "I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the awesomeness of this shiny silver medal given to be the Planet Earth.  Tell me more about how you placed 8th in your county skeet shooting competition once."  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

America, "Look at his stance, all wrong.  Wrong caliber weapon for that kinda distance.  Needs to sight-up better.  Just all kinds of wrong here."

Turkish Guy, "I'm sorry...I can't hear you over the awesomeness of this shiny silver medal given to be the Planet Earth.  Tell me more about how you placed 8th in your county skeet shooting competition once."  

Every country boy I know would look at him and say "damn right, point that fucker and shoot, just have a steady base".  Now if it was all the fancy guys with the goggles and reflectors and shit I'd say it would be more accurate

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Totally this. Definitely a band that I dug in 80s/90s but cannot think of last time I ever wanted to hear one of their songs. 

Was weird when my kids were little to see they wrote/sang theme song to animated “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

453717214_10160200398078004_1515122724875030886_n.png?ex=66acf503&is=66aba383&hm=43c22495cf3981bb1c9eac68f3ed66abdb92d57d6fa39e24fc8c934bb080cab0&=

I watched that last night, absolutely crazy how much better she is than everyone else. The silver medalist was ecstatic, that's basically the gold medal for everyone else who participates in the Ledecky era.