• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nnm

• crash_davis

• Armybrat

• Longboard Horn

44 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Or smart enough to exit his chair to the right, away from the shards of plate.

Only thing going through dad's head was how to deal with the wife when she finds out.  That kids will roll over as soon as she walks in the door.

15 hours ago, tfoolry said:

There's a whole YouTube rabbit hole you can go down of people from different parts of the world trying different kinds of food.  The tribal people (Pakistan/Afghanistan border area) ones are my favorites.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

I’m not buying this for a second. First, BBQ restaurants are all over the UK, and B, those ribs don’t even look all that great! Were they cooked in an oven??

Oven + a gallon of sauce.

Bleh. Get 'em some quality slow smoked goods vs. a generic restaurant & THEN we can have a real conversation with these chaps.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

I’m not buying this for a second. First, BBQ restaurants are all over the UK, and B, those ribs don’t even look all that great! Were they cooked in an oven??

Coincidently, I drove from Dallas to NYC last weekend. I stopped here in Memphis on the way to Nashville. The ribs were actually pretty good and the owner was great. He gave us a free 1/2 rack for the road for our food being cold. You can get them wet, dry or a combo of both. 

But, it was nowhere near as good as Texas BBQ. Maybe they have the best pork ribs, but beef ribs are so much better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Coincidently, I drove from Dallas to NYC last weekend. I stopped here in Memphis on the way to Nashville. The ribs were actually pretty good and the owner was great. He gave us a free 1/2 rack for the road for our food being cold. You can get them wet, dry or a combo of both. 

But, it was nowhere near as good as Texas BBQ. Maybe they have the best pork ribs, but beef ribs are so much better.

IMG_2054.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Maybe they have the best pork ribs,

It's hard to fuck up pork ribs. Now don't get me wrong, it can be done. But if you're any level of decent cook they be good. I used to hit the Smile Gas Truck Stop near the Atlanta Farmer's Market. Dumpy little fuel stop but the cranked out some spectacular ribs. I think a half-slab was $4 and full was $8 (this was in the early 90's) Came with 2 sides and tea. There was always a line. As far as I could tell they just had a basic electric commercial smoker. But dem' ribs!

• Hook 'Em 1