Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

10 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Why did Quinn only play one series? And he looked like shit in that one series.

Probably to get the backups as much work as possible… but the batted ball and the slow start definitely triggered a lot of PTSD in the fan base, so hopefully it’s not becoming a ‘thing’ in QE’s mind. 

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Missed game. Saw highlights.

Surly gonna Surly after the Spring game.

Owens should startz. 

How did Trey Omeire look? I think this could be his break-out season! 

I’m pretty sure he is the only person who didn’t make a catch. There were 24 different people who made a catch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 9:22 AM, Chooky said:

Road to Glory Hole

On 5/20/2024 at 12:10 PM, Bevo14 said:

aggy getting some exclusive content! You can keep yer stinkin' cover, ya stupid sips

Now we know what they'll be using that hole in the middle of the disc for. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Ewers is about to unleash his true potential this season. He'll be in NY by the time the Heisman rolls around. 

I want to believe Carson Beck is really good, but I just can't. He had arguably the best TE with WR speed in the country that he leaned on. It'll be interesting to see what he does now. 

Their RB isn't anything special, and they can't just rely on Etienne, he's not a 3 down back. I agree with Gerry they're losing at the very least 1 game this season, and it will be to us. Not to mention their other RB just came back from a broken kneecap, which is dangerous. They've fallen hard in the RB room for the last 4-5 years. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Interesting comments regarding Arch.

"Not being from the state and coming in, it’s obviously a little different," Ewers said, via On3. "I think he’s got more time to grow his pride and love for the university ... Being able to sit back and watch, it's different than playing. So him seeing kinda what's going on from inside but also outside, he can gain a lot of intel from that."

Ewers believes a second season as a backup will better prepare Manning to lead the Longhorns when his number is called.

“And then, obviously, another year to learn the offense and just get more comfortable within the smaller details," he added. "It’s like the best situation for him, I think." 

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

So he should run more?

Maybe to pick up a first down once or twice a game when he can do so without taking a big hit / sliding.

But generally speaking, I'd rather the ball be in the hands of our weapons, which we have a ton of -- Bond, Cook, Golden, Bolden, Niblack, Moore, Wingo, Blue, Baxter, etc.

People need to stop hoping Quinn becomes something he isn't.  This is not to say he can't be a great QB, I'm sure he can, but he's obviously still uncomfortable speaking in public or even one on one.  That's cool, people are what they are.  I don't think he has a shot at VY's beast-mode leadership, but that doesn't mean he can't be hyper-effective.  He's just a different dude.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

People need to stop hoping Quinn becomes something he isn't.  This is not to say he can't be a great QB, I'm sure he can, but he's obviously still uncomfortable speaking in public or even one on one.  That's cool, people are what they are.  I don't think he has a shot at VY's beast-mode leadership, but that doesn't mean he can't be hyper-effective.  He's just a different dude.

VY had beast-mode leadership on the field and still wasn’t the best at dealing with the media. We need our football program to focus on media training for its stars and drill in talking points we want to say publicly in order to control the narrative of our program.

Quinn is doing the best he can in this new landscape of college football. “Our backups are well trained and love this program as much as the starting QBs” type of bullshit we need the #1 guys need to say no matter what the question is. 

13 hours ago, MrBig said:

We need our football program to focus on media training for its stars and drill in talking points we want to say publicly in order to control the narrative of our program.

You’re gonna have to study your clichés. You’re gonna have to study them, you’re gonna have to know them. They’re your friends. Write this down:

‘We gotta play ‘’em one day at a time.’

‘I’m just happy to be here; hope I can help the ball club.’

‘I just want to give it my best shot and the Good Lord willing, things will work out.’

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As promised, here is my Quinn Ewers update. 

I got to spend yesterday afternoon with Mr. Ewers. It's the third summer I've been fortunate enough to do so. 

He is such a great young man. He's really friendly and low-key. (Everyone is a young man compared to me) 

Dude has some pretty impressive tricks with the ball and what an arm!

I had him sign two footballs. Now I have Quinn, Colt McCoy and James Street-signed footballs. The Quinn one is easily my fave-ever autograph.

I'm keeping one, but stay tuned for Surly news about the other one, cause I want it to end up in one of your homes!   

Thanks! 

IMG-5880-B.jpg

IMG-5890-B.jpg

IMG-5892-B.jpg

IMG-5897-B.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

how in the god damned fucking hell can you possibly be standing around outside yesterday afternoon in fucking jeans? '

also, there was dead body found in the middle of the street yesterday afternoon right next to the westlake stadium. please tell me you didn't finally let your inner glenn close finally come out as it related to quinn. we are all excited for arch but we need the experience going in to ann arbor.

41 minutes ago, sidis said:

how in the god damned fucking hell can you possibly be standing around outside yesterday afternoon in fucking jeans? '

also, there was dead body found in the middle of the street yesterday afternoon right next to the westlake stadium. please tell me you didn't finally let your inner glenn close finally come out as it related to quinn. we are all excited for arch but we need the experience going in to ann arbor.

Haha, yes, I have felt cooler in my life than yesterday. I was more upset about forgetting to bring a hat. 

Yes, they did find a dead body close to the high school. Apparently, it was a woman with some form of mental illness. It's sad how people get lost in our society.

Speaking of killing, Quinn Ewers is killing it in NIL. I'm so happy for him.