Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

21 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I get the general impression there's a  lot of folks around here that ain't never had an ice-cold I mean ice-fucking-cold Dub - that'd be Double Cola to mosta y'all - and a Moon Pie on a hot August day. Nor probably a Gruntstick and a Sweetjuice Cola. Getting old sucks.

Hook'em

Thanks, grandpa.

Speaking of soft drinks, when I was a boy the old guy who lived next door to us always had a cooler full of Frescas in his garage.  He and I would crack a couple of them open every few days and shoot the shit.  RIP, Mr. Heagler, and your dog Turk too.

image.png.e0d29f8263aec43e2e14e6e6518bcfe7.png

• Hook 'Em 5

Speaking of soft drinks, when I was a boy the old guy who lived next door to us always had a cooler full of Frescas in his garage.  He and I would crack a couple of them open every few days and shoot the shit.  RIP, Mr. Heagler, and your dog Turk too.

Fresca is some shit my Grandpa had in the refrigerator (early ‘70s) that I “helped myself to” as a youngster. After spewing out my mouthful, in the kitchen, I then got my ass spanked!

Hook’em!!!

We take Quinn for granted. He has the most arm talent of anyone we’ve ever had. He’ll be the first 1st round QB since Vince. It amazes me that idiots like tx 3 putt don’t get negged to oblivion. I don’t neg. We have such a fantastic situation right now. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

We take Quinn for granted. He has the most arm talent of anyone we’ve ever had. He’ll be the first 1st round QB since Vince. It amazes me that idiots like tx 3 putt don’t get negged to oblivion. I don’t neg. We have such a fantastic situation right now. 

He was great Saturday. But to be fair, some past criticism of him was fair. While he has a great arm, great QB play is much more than just a strong arm. McCoy looked better than Ewers early in his career, with a weaker arm. Ewers has a chance this year to become the best QB to ever step on Texas’ campus, at least until Manning next year. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

He was great Saturday. But to be fair, some past criticism of him was fair. While he has a great arm, great QB play is much more than just a strong arm. McCoy looked better than Ewers early in his career, with a weaker arm. Ewers has a chance this year to become the best QB to ever step on Texas’ campus, at least until Manning next year. 

Love Colt and he was one of the greatest ever on this campus. But his shockingly great freshman year often causes his sophomore slump to be overlooked. He threw 18 interception says a sophomore.  That’s 5 more than Quinn has thrown in his entire career up to this posting.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

A fantastic throw at a very tough angle. Absolute dime

The word “dime” gets thrown around too casually these days for my tastes, but this is one of those appropriate times. That’s an NFL throw.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Colorado State laying back and trying to eliminate deep throws made Saturday way too easy for Quinn. His accuracy on short & intermediate throws combined with Sark's scheme made this a glorified practice session that was relatively stress-free. It was pitch and catch out there. 

He and the O-Line will need to be a lot better this week. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

On the stat sheet, Quinn was absolutely amazing which is something when I’m about to say: per the eye test, Arch looks like he might be even better.  Damn fine place to be

I'm not gonna lie, when Arch let it go over the middle with that quick release, my dick moved a little.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Colorado State laying back and trying to eliminate deep throws made Saturday way too easy for Quinn. His accuracy on short & intermediate throws combined with Sark's scheme made this a glorified practice session that was relatively stress-free. It was pitch and catch out there. 

He and the O-Line will need to be a lot better this week. 

Imagine how much better Michigan will need to be. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ackshually, the preferred nomenclature is "ara c," or "r-uh c;"the cola is optional. Ain't that rait @RDCanecutter

That may have been a non-rhotic adaptation because othuhwise it'd come out as "AH-cee". That's how I talked until I mingled with twangy hillbilly kids who teased me about making "guard" rhyme with "God." So I overcorrected. Gard in heaven.

But honestly, my RC fixation came as an adult. In childhood I was more of an Old Dutch Chocolate man. It has vanished along with the stores and towns where I'd get it during backroad trips to Flawda.

• Drool 1

On 8/27/2024 at 7:25 PM, jimmyjazz said:

fantastic mixed with rum and any fruit juice

Just now, Red Five said:

They need to be a lot better just to not get boat raced in their own stadium.

Exactly. He’s posted that pussy rubbing at least three times that I’ve seen.

Yes, the intensity will be higher Saturday. Yes, there’s room for improvement. No, I wouldn’t want to be in Michigan’s position rather than Texas’.

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Exactly. He’s posted that pussy rubbing at least three times that I’ve seen.

Pussy rubbing? I feel very good about our chances vs. Michigan. It's okay to still take a critical look at things. Can we leave the full-on sunshine pumping for Orangebloods? 

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pussy rubbing? I feel very good about our chances vs. Michigan. It's okay to still take a critical look at things. Can we leave the full-on sunshine pumping for Orangebloods? 

Maybe you have a better label for repeating that, gasp, a team will need to improve in game one versus game two, let alone versus a current top ten team at their place while ignoring the brutal first game that top ten team just had. 

There’s quite a gap between “Michigan may actually be the team that really needs to step it up” and “full-on sunshine pumping.”

Edited by Doc Daneeka
Closing quotation marks is hard.

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

467 total yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers against the greatest team of all time will never be topped by anyone, at any school.

And he left on a 20-game winning streak with Michigan, Ohio State, ou, and USC pelts on the wall.

VY was the greatest college quarterback of all time.

"No nutria pelts. Your opinion is invalid."

- LSU fans