Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

That may have been a non-rhotic adaptation because othuhwise it'd come out as "AH-cee". That's how I talked until I mingled with twangy hillbilly kids who teased me about making "guard" rhyme with "God." So I overcorrected. Gard in heaven.

But honestly, my RC fixation came as an adult. In childhood I was more of an Old Dutch Chocolate man. It has vanished along with the stores and towns where I'd get it during backroad trips to Flawda.

So you used to sound like foghorn leghorn but after some teasing from holler trash you adapted to sounding like HI McDunnough?

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/2/2024 at 1:50 PM, nineliveslost said:

fantastic mixed with rum and any fruit juice

Hell, yeah. Fresca and almost anything alcoholic always delicious summertime beverage.  Especially if there was a swamp cooler set on high that you could stand in front of.

I was surprised when all the bullshit fruity drinks with 5% alcohol in them started popping up, but nobody thought to put that 1/2 oz (ok, 0.6 oz) eyedropper of alcohol in that Fresca and brand the fuck outta that.

8 hours ago, po elvis said:

I like that Sark has discarded his love for the deep ball with Ewers. We don’t need it. He tried one after we were in control this game and I don’t remember one last week. Keep using Ewers strengths.

This is one of the best parts about everything. Sark tailors his offense to the players, instead of fitting them into a system. That Quinn is this good without a consistent deep ball is proof that Sark is a genius. Quinn's success is going to bring in so many QBs in the following years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derka said:

the touchdown throw to golden was a 10/10, perfect nfl throw. he made it look routine. and that’s really the theme of the season so far for him. he is noticeably more in command of the offense, and notably more calm and comfortable throughout the game. VY had that “aura” about him, to use the word du jour, and 2024 quinn ewers has it too. always looks calm; never looks tired; looks 0% gazed in any way. he really does look like the 1.000 recruit, heisman favorite, top 10 draft pick that he’s been billed as since he was 16. 

in fact i compared him/our offense today to colt/our 2009 offense. specifically that anything less than 3rd and 12 feels like light work. that’s how masterful QE has been. Sark is calling near flawless games and it’s simply been up to his offense to execute. through two games this offense has that beautiful balance of “dominant with clear room to improve”, and that’s how i would describe QE as well. he and our offense have been dominant, and yet nobody has played their best. this team has all the trappings of a real contender, and it starts and ends with QE. he is so polished compared to where he started when he got here, and it really really shows. the sky is the limit, for him, and this team. 

Danny Kanell said today that he expects Ewers to be the #1 pick in the draft.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Danny Kanell said today that he expects Ewers to be the #1 pick in the draft.

Danny Kanell has the analysis skills and intelligence of the average Mississippi public school 3rd grader.  Plus TBI.  

That said… he is correct this time.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

This is one of the best parts about everything. Sark tailors his offense to the players, instead of fitting them into a system. That Quinn is this good without a consistent deep ball is proof that Sark is a genius. Quinn's success is going to bring in so many QBs in the following years.

And trophies. Don't forget about those. Heisman, Maxwell, Unitas, SEC CC, CFP NC

What stands out to me through the first two games is the progress he’s made on ball placement/accuracy and the timing of his throws. He’s always thrown a very catchable ball, which I’ve felt is an under appreciated asset. He has a ton of arm strength but he doesn’t throw lasers. His ability to throw a highly catchable ball, on time, and with accuracy is a beautiful thing to watch. He had several against Michigan that were inch perfect. The dot to Bond on the first drive, the TD pass to Golden, a crosser to Helm in the 2nd half, and the TD to Blue are just a few that stand out to me. 

Watching him carve up defenses the rest of the year is going to be fun to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

What stands out to me through the first two games is the progress he’s made on ball placement/accuracy and the timing of his throws. He’s always thrown a very catchable ball, which I’ve felt is an under appreciated asset. He has a ton of arm strength but he doesn’t throw lasers. His ability to throw a highly catchable ball, on time, and with accuracy is a beautiful thing to watch. He had several against Michigan that were inch perfect. The dot to Bond on the first drive, the TD pass to Golden, a crosser to Helm in the 2nd half, and the TD to Blue are just a few that stand out to me. 

Watching him carve up defenses the rest of the year is going to be fun to watch. 

Those swing passes like blue td aren’t easy throws at all but the precision is make  or break

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

his footwork is lightyears better. he is now able to pivot/jump, move around and find his 2nd or 3rd read with a much more stable body to throw from, generating that accuracy. this is where you are an nfl qb versus just a dude who can throw passes in college. 

• Hook 'Em 7

On 9/2/2024 at 10:19 AM, TexArcher said:

467 total yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 turnovers against the greatest team of all time will never be topped by anyone, at any school.

And he left on a 20-game winning streak with Michigan, Ohio State, ou, and USC pelts on the wall.

VY was the greatest college quarterback of all time.

On 9/2/2024 at 8:38 AM, Red Five said:

Would love to see it happen, but I don't really think that's possible. Even if we were to go undefeated and he wins the Heisman, that's still gonna be VY.

Ewers had a great game and this thread popped up at the top of my unread list. When I saw the post about Ewers potentially becoming best QB ever at Texas I thought “who the hell said that.” When I saw it was me, I literally thought Red Five had cut and pasted wrong. I don’t know what the heck I was thinking. As great as he’s been, I don’t see how he could pass Vince. That post was nuts. I had to have been drunk. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Somebody unpaywall us......

I’ll summarize the New York Times article for you:

Ewers had a great game vs Michigan but Arch Manning ultimately has more upside. They mentioned that Manning throws a harder pass, which is a clear sign of having more upside. They wrote that Manning should have played the entire fourth quarter and is probably really mad right now. They shared an Upside Ratio chart which surprisingly had Trey Owens above both Manning and Ewers and Cole Lourd at the top. 

• Haha 5

His arm strength was on full display on the TD pass before the half. That was a seed and the DB never had a chance to get near that thing. Just because he doesn’t wind up and throw rocket balls doesn’t mean he doesn’t let some throws rip. He’s putting it all together but a lot of this isn’t new. 

Edited by Revolution512
  • Hook 'Em 4

Currently, the only gripe I have is his tendency to use a 3/4 arm slot when he throws sometimes. He got one or two batted/tipped balls at the line because of it.
He appears to be more engaged with his teammates and a better leader as well. He also looked bored out there sometimes because it seemed pretty easy for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

Quinn looked like a surefire first rounder after his game in Tuscaloosa last year too. Then he played Wyoming and looked like warmed over dogshit. 

Let's see him bail Sark out of less than stellar gameplans and elevate his team when they are not at their best.

That said, if he does this against Georgia, he's gonna go top 10, even if he's under 6'2.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, po elvis said:

I like that Sark has discarded his love for the deep ball with Ewers. We don’t need it. He tried one after we were in control this game and I don’t remember one last week. Keep using Ewers strengths.

I don’t know if you’d consider that clutch pass to Bond on third down of our first series of the game a deep ball or not (can’t remember how long that play was) but that throw was a thing of beauty.

• Hook 'Em 5

I wonder how much Sarkisian has discarded his love for the deep ball versus having the weapons to do other things, too, more so than before last season. It’s not like he wasn’t taking shots last year. I think it just feels less forced now when there’s more to it than Worthy on a fly.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Somebody unpaywall us......

If you're using Chrome, the Just Read extension has been cutting through paywall popups for me for a good while now. It also unfucks bizarre color combinations and presents clean, readable text. You go to the page you want to read and then click on Just Read extension... presto!

• Hook 'Em 2