Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, Jiggy-Z said:

On the other hand, I thought Michigan got away from the run too early. 

i thought the opposite. they were giving up TDs every time we had the ball and their solution was to try and run the ball at four yards a pop, just scared to death to call a passing play, even well into the 3Q. they were never going to sustain long drives against us by running the ball with zero explosive plays. they were overly conservative, downright scared even.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Derka said:

i thought the opposite. they were giving up TDs every time we had the ball and their solution was to try and run the ball at four yards a pop, just scared to death to call a passing play, even well into the 3Q. they were never going to sustain long drives against us by running the ball with zero explosive plays. they were overly conservative, downright scared even.

I was thinking they could have done hurry up while running the ball. Things for them we not really all that dire until late in the first half, which was the product of one flukey fumble and a batted pass int that 50%+ of the time ends up on the ground. The tipped int reminded me of Quinn's 1st int against Ou last year and his int the week before against CSU-not a terrible passes but ill advised-they happen to even good qbs.

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Y’ALL.

I subscribed to JT O’Sullivan’s (aka TheQBSchool) patreon last year as he does a great job of breaking down NFL and College QBs.

His Ewers video just dropped, and check this shit out. Quinn is a fucking badass. 

IMG_5349.mov

That is badass. You got any more of that black market content? I refuse to pay.

32 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Y’ALL.

I subscribed to JT O’Sullivan’s (aka TheQBSchool) patreon last year as he does a great job of breaking down NFL and College QBs.

His Ewers video just dropped, and check this shit out. Quinn is a fucking badass. 

Haha, that’s awesome. Quinn is bringing some edge this year, he knows how fucking good this team is 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Man, I just do not give a shit about the horns down in any context. 

My only issue is not treating it as taunting if they’re going to treat holstering the guns at Tech as such. 

Bottom line, though, the whole “anti-Texas more than pro-my team” is something to lean into, imo. That, and just laughing at people doing it while their team is getting clowned by Texas or doing it when they’re not even playing Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

My only issue is not treating it as taunting if they’re going to treat holstering the guns at Tech as such. 

Bottom line, though, the whole “anti-Texas more than pro-my team” is something to lean into, imo. That, and just laughing at people doing it while their team is getting clowned by Texas or doing it when they’re not even playing Texas. 

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I don't think taunting should be a penalty at all, but I agree with Mack when he said that if it's going to get flagged then it should be flagged the same for everyone. 

At most, I think doing horns down is weird when the team isn't playing Texas (unless its OU - I think horns down might be their official hand signal). The phrase "rent free" gets tossed around too much, but it really is the truth when it comes to Texas. Watching a WVU-ISU game and seeing fans from both teams doing horns down, you have to wonder what's going through those fans' heads? They're at a football game, cheering for their program, interacting with opposing fans, and their first thought is about Texas? A bit sad, tbqh. But the most that gets out of me is a chuckle and shake of the head. 

But when it's the fans of the school we're playing? Sure, go nuts. Horns down all you want. Just part of the fun. Most teams (outside the old SWC) don't even have a hand signal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess some kid flashed "Horns Down" in a picture with Quinn???

EMBRACE THE HATE - TEXAS IS THE VILLAIN !! 🤘

I mean we did the plant the flag on their field thing....  An opposing fan of another team getting a pic with Ewers doing horns down isn't that crazy or unexpected.

19 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

That is badass. You got any more of that black market content? I refuse to pay.

The other notable play on his review of game was Wingo's 55 yard run on that end around. Texas had A LOT of motion pre-snap, and Michigan players were confused and in total disarray. He was raving about how Sark set that up. "That is craft." 

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The other notable play on his review of game was Wingo's 55 yard run on that end around. Texas had A LOT of motion pre-snap, and Michigan players were confused and in total disarray. He was raving about how Sark set that up. "That is craft." 

I go back and forth on sending that guy some money. I really like his stuff. I might need to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, if I were in charge there’d be a chat and it wouldn’t ever happen again. 

I remember 22 years ago when Antawn Kirk-Hughes attempted to plant the Longhorns flag at Nebraska's stadium after a win.  Problem was, they had artificial turf.

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I remember 22 years ago when Antawn Kirk-Hughes attempted to plant the Longhorns flag at Nebraska's stadium after a win.  Problem was, they had artificial turf.

Celebrate, sing The Eyes, head to the locker room, imo. Yes, I’m old, but opponents fall into three categories… 

The Techs of the world. Fuck ‘em. Not worth the effort of planting a flag. 

The Bamas of the world. Worthy of too much respect to plant a flag.

OU: Plant the flag in their bloody skulls. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Man, I just do not give a shit about the horns down in any context. 

It's just bad parenting to instruct your kid to ask Quinn to take a picture and then do the Horns Down

Shithead dad raising his kid to be a shithead too

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

It's just bad parenting to instruct your kid to ask Quinn to take a picture and then do the Horns Down

Shithead dad raising his kid to be a shithead too

I fucking love it. It's just yet another hilarious example of how watered down "Horns Down" has become, because there was a time where it actually meant something we didn't like.

OU did it during games with us when they were throttling us. I'd see it and be PISSED. Then other schools in the big 12 picked it up, and man it was a special kind of hurt when a Baylor or some other POS B12 school was doing it to us as they were kicking our ass during our down years...

...but now it's just at any time, any situation. Anybody.

-Making your kid do it while posing with the longhorn who just drug his nuts all over your team's face in YOUR (big) HOUSE!

-At your wedding.

-At halftime of a college playoff game when receiving an award for doing good things on the football field.

-in your recruiting edit.

-Into the camera at the Little League World Series while your 11 year old son and his friends are having the time of their fucking lives celebrating another homerun. Lol what a loser. I hope that guy got home and said "hey check it out, son, I was on TV doing the horns down" and his son's like "that's great dad. We just lost at the LLWS, but I hope you had fun doing your horns down," then in six years goes on to live with his friends his senior year of HS and decides to go to UT.

It's so lame and "bless your heart" that now the fans of the team you're supposed to be "dissing" are enjoying it. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3