Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Whoever was trying to suggest Quinn > Colt 

No.

Love the kid but he can't stay healthy. 

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? If we’re using “health” as anything when comparing the two Colt lost us a national championship game. See how dumb that sounds.

Edited by Hank_Hill

I dont know that I like the idea of his first game back being OU. Probably should just roll with Arch against OU and UGA and if Arch goes 2-0 then give him the job. Chinadoll Ewers gets hurt every game it seems. 

This last sentence might be the dumbest shit posted on the board today. And it was a game day.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I think Sark/Ewers are faking it so Manning doesn't transfer.  I've been told that was a huge risk after no garbage time in the Michigan game.

Really? Tell me more

3 minutes ago, Drifterwood said:

This last sentence might be the dumbest shit posted on the board today. And it was a game day.

Ewers has been hurt multiple times in 3 seasons. He is no ironman. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The guy who cannot stay healthy gets a freak injury handing the ball off. It’s a good thing we have Arch. 

The defender full on tackled Quinn like he had the ball after the handoff. The fake was too good or the defender wanted a free shot on the QB. The play he was injured was 2 prior to the one he pulled himself on. Think the throwing motion on the TE catch brought the real pain after the initial injury 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I dont know that I like the idea of his first game back being OU. Probably should just roll with Arch against OU and UGA and if Arch goes 2-0 then give him the job. Chinadoll Ewers gets hurt every game it seems. 

What a shock that this moron is ripping on Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:
I think Sark/Ewers are faking it so Manning doesn't transfer.  I've been told that was a huge risk after no garbage time in the Michigan game.

I seriously doubt Ewers would intentionally sit out to appease Manning and Sark. He's playing for the NFL draft right now.

I read on the aggy board that he was going to transfer to college station if we didnt let him get more PT. Ewers and Sark got together and worked it out over some Torchy's Tacos. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I read on the aggy board that he was going to transfer to college station if we didnt let him get more PT. Ewers and Sark got together and worked it out over some Torchy's Tacos. 

I heard they had some sammiches in the car outside Snook Cemetery

• Haha 2

I actually think Manning is better than Ewers right now and gives us the best shot to win a title this year. 

You didn’t see him getting lit up because he didn’t recognize the blitz? He’s going to be good but, right now, this instant, he has a long way to go. Especially against better athletes than UTSA.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

He shouldn't play next week.

I didn’t suggest he should. He probably shouldn’t play until OU.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Again, nobody is surprised by this because you've been a dumbass hating on Ewers for years. Additionally, nobody cares what you think because your terrible opinion and bias against Ewers is well known. 

I am worried about pinning our hopes to a guy that is frequently injured. That is my issue with him. 

Hopefully he doesnt break down in the playoffs. I am rooting for him to stay healthy just like yall are. But let's not act like this dude is ironman. 

Quit changing your fucking argument when you get called on it. He might get hurt. That doesn’t mean Manning is the better option until it’s between him and Owens. 

53 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Worked out for him just fine in 2022 to the tune of 49-0.

Just now, Newy25 said:

Arch is still pretty green in feeling pressure and recognizing blitzes. That will just take time. He is still best utilized making a quick read or throwing on the move. It will come for him in time. Ewers is locked in and playing like a three year veteran and he gives us our best chance to win today. Arch bring forced to start past the Miss St game is not a good thing for Texas. 

Yep, arm is about equal. Athleticism clearly goes to Arch. Decision making, timing, overall knowledge of the offense go to Ewers right now. As it should at this point. Year 3/4 manning will probably be better than Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 5

29 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hopefully he doesnt break down in the playoffs. I am rooting for him to stay healthy just like yall are. But let's not act like this dude is ironman. 

That's a bit contradicting statement though. Per your bias, you would hope Evers break down so Arch can play since you believe Arch gives us a better chance...?

Edited by Zuerst

I'm sure this thread is melting down, but I will chime in and say I felt the same way about Colt being made of glass in 08 (?) and figured we were good enough to go all the way if he would just quit being a bitch.  I was wrong then and all the whiners right now saying the same thing are wrong now.

Quinn will come back and be fine and if not, hey, we have an amazing backup. 

40 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Someone was talking to him on the sidelines and you could see him saying, “I’m alright.” For whatever that’s worth, which isn’t much. 

Soccer players and other mentally weak athletes would take themselves out of the game. But most injured athletes are going to say they feel fine even if they don’t.