Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

No, I’m not emotionally invested. I’m asking what your opinion is. 

Wally Pipp didn’t take over for “weeks.”

The “if Ewers can’t go” is the crux of the issue, though. If Ewers can’t go, of course Manning plays.

A photo of Wally Pipp doesn’t imply “waiting for Ewers to be good to go,” though. 

Wally Pipp as a reference is pretty fucking clear. Ewers is likely Wally Pipp’ed as of last night if he can’t go for awhile. I assume you grasp that. Your last post reads like tautology. 

both look fairly equally talented but experience reduces risk/variance (in theory, don’t look at Charlie’s decisions in year 1 vs year 3 or theory busted) so this could be blessing in long run so Arch becomes more consistent.

I can’t judge what Arch can do against a good defense yet but can judge Quinn.  So I hope Arch gets his experience while Quinn heals and then Quinn comes back and rips shit up again.

Just now, closetojumping said:

Wally Pipp as a reference is pretty fucking clear. Ewers is likely Wally Pipp’ed as of last night if he can’t go for awhile. I assume you grasp that. Your last post reads like tautology. 

Wally Pipp got replaced for all eternity. Wally Pipp opted out for a minor injury (according to the story, which isn’t true, either). Neither applies here. Apparently it’s not as clear a reference to you as it should be.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If Ewers gets Pipp’ed it will take both the combination of his strain being more than minor and Arch developing on a faster learning curve than Ewers. It’s possible that in 4-5 weeks Arch is noticeably better and it’s also possible he needs more time. Either way, the waters are definitely muddy at that point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Wally Pipp got replaced for all eternity. Wally Pipp opted out for a minor injury (according to the story, which isn’t true, either). Neither applies here. Apparently it’s not as clear a reference to you as it should be.

The myth of what happened to Wally Pipp has become reality. It’s a pretty clear reference now. Or Drew Bledsoe’ed if you like. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

The myth of what happened to Wally Pipp has become reality. It’s a pretty clear reference now. Or Drew Bledsoe’ed if you like. 

Both imply Ewers lost the starting job. My question is whether that’s actually being implied. Because “he got hurt and he’ll be back when he’s ready” is SOP and doesn’t require a reference to Pipp. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

For reference, I was at the SLC-Keller game in 2020 where Ewers was hurt in his Jr (and last) year at SLC.  It kind of had a similar feel to this where he took some shots but nothing devastating and left the game midway through.  That was the 2020 Covid season so that game at the end of October was like the 3rd or 4th game of the season.  Ewers did not show back up under center for SLC (they didn't need him) until week 2 of the playoffs in late December.  Soooo if he perceives this to be the same injury, could be why he initially seemed to be upset last night.  Now who knows if it is the same thing for sure, and even if it is if severity is same, but that is at least the history for him on what may be the same type of injury.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I realize that some of posters are wired to dismiss the premise that humans often incorporate emotion into their decisions. Folks only used objective data points and then act. Right.

Tell that to the NFL. Part of the feedback that the Ewers camp received when thinking through whether Ewers would come back was that many teams would like to see him play a full season and stay healthy. It’s impacted his draft rank. Argue over whether terms like “injury prone” are appropriate or not, but in the real world, his injury history is a mark on him and last night didn’t help. 

Also:

image.png

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it didn't hurt Bryce Young who missed a lot of his sr season and he is wittle.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, WBT said:

Clobbered?  That was pretty light contact.

You pull a muscle from exertion not contact anyway.

I was thinking he may have gotten hurt early in the game when his hand/arm was hit when he threw for the TD and it gradually got worse. That will cause that type of injury when you are torquing your body and it comes to a complete stop by another object. You see BB players do it all the time on a check swing, but IDK.

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Are you emotionally invested in Quinn Ewers in such a way that what another poster believes would bother you? 

Texas has multiple high picks in the QB room. I hope Ewers gets back quickly for the overall depth. Will I give a shit if Manning takes over the starting role because Ewers is sidelined for weeks? No. I also won’t give a shit if Ewers is out for weeks and then is immediately the starter again. 

Acting as if Manning couldn’t take over and never look back if Ewers can’t go for awhile is silly wishcasting or shows a general lack of understanding the game of football while watching. Manning has looked good every time he’s been put on the field, he wasn’t ranked the #1 recruit in the country for nothing, and the more snaps he gets under fire, the smaller the gap gets in terms of understanding this offense and the looks defenses are going to give it. 

Quinn’s MRI today needs to go well and he needs to get back asap so none of these possible futures play out and muddy up the season. 

Let's see Arch against a halfway decent opponent before we start assuming there's no drop off between him and Quinn

• Hook 'Em 6

15 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

There is still one in Humble if you guys ever want to revisit the good old days.

I went a few years back when we moved backed to Texas. think there is one by Almeda Mall. Was it always full of  unwashed plebeians or was that just us too back in the day?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

I went a few years back when we moved backed to Texas. think there is one by Almeda Mall. Was it always full of  unwashed plebeians or was that just us too back in the day? 

I'm pretty sure its been closed for awhile now.

Edited by ckhorn

11 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it didn't hurt Bryce Young who missed a lot of his sr season and he is wittle.

1) Young played a full season and won the Heisman in the year prior. 

2) Teams absolutely had concerns a lot Young’s ability to handle the physicality of the NFL. Carolina didn’t, so he went high, and they were of course wrong. 

3) What I posted is what a direct family member told people around the program. It’s not a debate. He needs to play a full season to assuage concerns with various teams that might draft him. 

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

Let's see Arch against a halfway decent opponent before we start assuming there's no drop off between him and Quinn

You quoted a post in which I explicitly referenced a gap between the players. The attempt to frame my post as the opposite of that is pure poster ineptitude. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Are you talking about Bryce Young missing games as a senior in high school? I only remember him missing one game ever at Alabama and starting all 15 games in one season. This is very different than Quinn missing 2 games per year. 

39 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Arch could go 100 for 100 with 25 touchdowns in the next three games and he's still not starting against OU if Quinn is healthy. 

If he goes 100-100 with 25 tds the next 3 games (that includes OU), not only will I say he should be the starting QB, I will write him in on my Presidential ballot 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

What the fuck is this garbage?

You two are morons.

I didn’t say shit about off the field stuff, was more alluding to a practice injury or lingering ailment that Ewers has been dealing with quietly. Sark runs a tight ship program unlike our last idiot coaches so we won’t ever know.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Young played a full season and won the Heisman in the year prior. 

2) Teams absolutely had concerns a lot Young’s ability to handle the physicality of the NFL. Carolina didn’t, so he went high, and they were of course wrong. 

3) What I posted is what a direct family member told people around the program. It’s not a debate. He needs to play a full season to assuage concerns with various teams that might draft him. 

You quoted a post in which I explicitly referenced a gap between the players. The attempt to frame my post as the opposite of that is pure poster ineptitude. 

You're all over the place, which is why people don't know what you're actually saying. Hell, I'm not convinced that you do. Take a breather. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

If he goes 100-100 with 25 tds the next 3 games (that includes OU), not only will I say he should be the starting QB, I will write him in on my Presidential ballot 

this is exactly right.

ewers has earned every benefit of any doubt and is fully capable of leading us to a championship. he may well be a heisman contender, high first rounder.

but in a situation where there’s a doubt, and arch does indeed fire off record breaking stats while looking like vince himself, then let the young man work his magic. it’s an unlikely scenario, but not outside the realm of plausibility.

you start manning if, and only if, you believe he’s the difference between a national championship or falling just short.

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You're assuming some of those 100 actually come in the OU game. That's how those wish granting genies get you. It would be all fumbles and no passes. 

4 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Yeah. Arch looked good but you could tell the difference between the 2. Quinn throws such a pretty ball. Arch will be fine. But let’s stop and smell the roses. Quinn is damn good and if he keeps playing like this he will win the heisman. #AllIn4Quinn

Milroe is winning the Heisman. ESPN is all in.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Whoops, I should have said 100-100 with 25 five tds in the next two games (including DK Moore's flipping but only if Arch starts), Ewers will start against OU. And he absolutely should. Anyone who argues otherwise is on the sauce.