Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Just now, Magus Ossis said:

It is notoriously hard to prognosticate regarding strains. Think hamstring for a rough analogy to this injury. 

Got it.  Meaning week to week doesn't really indicate anything other than that the timeline is highly variable so he has to remain week to week.  Is that the right way to read it?

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Also, we might not be talking enough about how well Quinn and Arch have handled this situation.  

It's a credit to each of them and to the coaching staff.

We legitimately have 2 of the top 10 quarterbacks in college football without really having a quarterback controversy.  That's pretty remarkable.

For what it's worth coming from someone in the internet and from someone postijg on surly all place. But this is probably all dependent on Manning and his desire to be here with Sark. This is why he didn't transfer, he is ready to wait for his time whenever that is. Not sure anyone else does this.

7 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Got it.  Meaning week to week doesn't really indicate anything other than that the timeline is highly variable so he has to remain week to week.  Is that the right way to read it?

Yes. Week-to-week implies might be ready in a week or two. Some strains nag for the whole season: the low floor on the time estimate for recovery should not be taken to imply a low ceiling. 

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

Why the fuck couldn’t he walk to the sideline without laying down?

Sark should start him for a series and then sit him. That way he plays in every game.

You always take the lay down to give the team time to prep. It's a free timeout.

I get angry when I see a guy lay down for a hand, but I get it.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Unless they did an MRI over night, how would the severity be known? Did he wake up today and say, "I'm good, Coach. Just had real bad gas, I guess."

2 minutes ago, Slacks said:

I'm just old and poor, so MRIs seem to take 6 weeks for some reason.

This morning according to a few folks that usually know. 

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Unless they did an MRI over night, how would the severity be known? Did he wake up today and say, "I'm good, Coach. Just had real bad gas, I guess."

Just depends on how busy the radiologist is, and where you are on the priority list. 

I had an emergency MRI one time that the doc said would be done in an hour. Took closer to 4 hours because mine got stuck behind tons of MRIs from Texas Relays.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Slacks said:

If I, as a HS athletic trainer, can get a kid into our team doc the day after a game/injury with an MRI report by the end of the day, I can imagine a future 1st round NFL prospect that plays for a multi-billion dollar university can get an MRI done and read in a 12 hour time frame. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I had the same injury and same reaction as Quinn. The initial pain was agony and incapacitated me and was scary because of how the pain radiated into my abdomen, to the point that I thought I needed to go to the ER. However once I got over the initial pain and shock, it was just a strained muscle. Took me a couple of weeks to get comfortable again to lift, but the injury was nowhere near as bad as it seem at the time.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Start him next week. Let him throw for another 2 easy TDs, then let Arch come in and score another 35 points.  Do the same against Miss St.  Quick/safe passes and the Heisman will be his with the big wins against OU and especially Georgia. 
Heisman opportunities don’t grow on trees. Hell, couldn’t even win one with our 2 best QBs ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Start him next week. Let him throw for another 2 easy TDs, then let Arch come in and score another 35 points.  Do the same against Miss St.  Quick/safe passes and the Heisman will be his with the big wins against OU and especially Georgia. 
Heisman opportunities don’t grow on trees. Hell, couldn’t even win one with our 2 best QBs ever. 

Well they got fucked.
  • Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Why the fuck couldn’t he walk to the sideline without laying down?

Sark should start him for a series and then sit him. That way he plays in every game.

Just reading this question gave me PTSD to the time the entire UT sideline was screaming at David Ash to lay down, only to have him stare back at them for about 20 seconds in a state of concussed confusion until Mack finally had to call a timeout.

As socceresque as it appeared, Ewers absolutely did the right thing.

Edited by Baconboy
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Baconboy said:

Just reading this question gave me PTSD to the time the entire UT sideline was screaming at David Ash to lay down, only to have him stare back at them for about 20 seconds in a state of concussed confusion until Mack finally had to call a timeout. As socceresque as it appeared, Ewers absolutely did the right thing.

Legend says Ash is still sitting in the Moncrief dark room waiting on his brain to heal. 

2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

Pete Thamel is the national guy that’s the Ewers family mouthpiece right?  
Arch getting ULM as the starter is a really good thing for the program. Any more games missed by Quinn is bad for the program

It’s good for us if Ewers goes to NY and goes high in the first round which he needs to play to do. 
it’s good for us if Arch gets just enough run to legitimately advance his development but goes into next year with 1 start and maybe 100 passes. That makes him way more likely to stay 2 years as a starter regardless of how well next year goes for him. 
Also- there’s the fact that we know Ewers can get it done against really good defenses and we merely suspect Arch might be able to.  
for those saying Quinn couldn’t get Wally Pipped a 4-6 week injury that saw Arch beat OU and Georgia would probably do that. That being said it’s good news that it doesn’t look like that’s the case. 

• Hook 'Em 3